[Official] Killzone 2

I'm still fiddling around with my control layout. I wish you should set sprint to push rather than toggle. I'm not saying I'd prefer it that way, but I'd like to try it out and see which suits me best.

Other than that, it's getting a little more comfortable although the Sixaxis is too small for my hands.

Are you using defaults?

I think playing through the campaign will help a lot of people adjust to the controls. Lots of people dislike the DS3 over the 360 controller, but I still feel if given time you can adjust to the layout at least, even if comfortability still gets to you.

So many of you will love COD controls due to the countless hours you put in - You just get used to them. Hopefully the same thing happens with KZ2 for those finding it hard. It's only okay for me as I said earlier I've never really played lots of any console FPS.

Plus I'm also going to try some games with the objectives later, damn NW being deathmatch biased :p

Plus I'm also going to try some games with the objectives later, damn NW being deathmatch biased :p

Tsk, Deathmatch is the shizznit - That's where we separate the men from the boys :p

Kinda regret having cancelled my order in the first place, could be playing it by now. Oh well, saved me a shed load of cash :)

Are you using defaults?

I think playing through the campaign will help a lot of people adjust to the controls. Lots of people dislike the DS3 over the 360 controller, but I still feel if given time you can adjust to the layout at least, even if comfortability still gets to you.

So many of you will love COD controls due to the countless hours you put in - You just get used to them.

Yeah, default layout for me. I despise the DS3 'triggers', so I'm sticking to R1 for fire. One thing I've noticed though is the grenade animation seems awfully slow, from priming it to release. Almost caught me by surprise at first :p

I considered making zoom push and hold, but toggle works better cause you do need to use it a lot. The recoil on some of the guns when firing from the hip is insane.

Tsk, Deathmatch is the shizznit - That's where we separate the men from the boys :p

Well it is awesome :p

But SOME variety ain't bad!

Least we've confirmed you can do deathmatch only servers - Someone said earlier today in this topic their mate said you couldn't.

Time for campaign, veteran, no crosshair, no hud.

Yeah, default layout for me. I despise the DS3 'triggers', so I'm sticking to R1 for fire. One thing I've noticed though is the grenade animation seems awfully slow, from priming it to release. Almost caught me by surprise at first :p

I considered making zoom push and hold, but toggle works better cause you do need to use it a lot. The recoil on some of the guns when firing from the hip is insane.

Yeah man, buy the DS3 triggers :p Only a couple of pound, make your life much easier - http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/...S3/Product.html

I think it's awesome grenades take time, and the wind affecting them is even cooler - No more insanely accurate grenade spamming. But you gotta be careful, it's easy to cockup a throw lol. I suspect on FF servers there's going to be some ****ed off people at the noobs.

Yeah the recoil reminds me of CS days - You really can't spam fire from the hip or you'll miss everything unless you're point blank.

ps. Munky, see those general positions within the clan... yeah :shiftyninja: there's 12 or 15 positions to hand out anyway

Edited by Audioboxer

Yeah I've spoke with Jonny about giving out some General positions. Not sure what Sethos is doing with the clan? Talking to me yet?

If not I guess I can include the NW staff and some of the long timers too.

BTW, I made the games earlier Team Deathmatch so we can all get used to the game first. I'll include them more as we get better obviously and add some variety to matches.

When I was playing games earlier it was too much to be switching between TDM and then Assassination. People just didn't pay attention to what they should be doing.

Time for campaign, veteran, no crosshair, no hud.

good luck with that :laugh: i had a lot of trouble with just veteran, switched to the easiest difficulty, just want to play it for the story right now and it was getting ridiculously frustrating halfway through.

oh and drunkmunky, could you send me an invite for INS? :)

I like how the modes change during the course of a game. Obviously it's not ideal whilst the game is still new, but once people get used the idea I think it'll be a neat feature.

Hi, how are you.

There, I talked to you.

ok so are you doing the clan with me or not?

I'll try add everyone who requests to the clan, it's hard to match the names up when you have different PSN's to NW aliases :p

good luck with that :laugh: i had a lot of trouble with just veteran, switched to the easiest difficulty, just want to play it for the story right now and it was getting ridiculously frustrating halfway through.

oh and drunkmunky, could you send me an invite for INS? :)

Uhh I'm finding out the hard way.

Veteran is hard :(

Mine arrives tomorrow.

As is usual, I will play through SP to get used to the game then play MP - I suspect I'll have different configs for MP since there's no cover system and may want to use different button for sniping.

Speaking of which, I've heard hip aim on KZ2 is accurate and doesn't require zooming in for accuracy like COD?

Uhh I'm finding out the hard way.

Veteran is hard :(

yeah i started on the default difficulty (the middle one that was available).

i've still died 15 times and only 25% through it.

Speaking of which, I've heard hip aim on KZ2 is accurate and doesn't require zooming in for accuracy like COD?

You heard wrong. The recoil on the automatic weapons I've used is crazy. I find myself using the sight a lot more than I ever have in COD.

Mine arrives tomorrow.

As is usual, I will play through SP to get used to the game then play MP - I suspect I'll have different configs for MP since there's no cover system and may want to use different button for sniping.

Uhh hip aim is quite accurate for your first shot or two, but after that recoil baby. Spamming fire will have you shooting all over the place. You gotta burst if you're firing from the hip - At least with the standard rifle anyway.

As for MP controls, fire up a bot match and see what you feel comfortable with. I'm just using default in multiplayer - Even although there's no cover mode crouching is useful essential (it increases accuracy also). I think you can crouch toggle though, something that's not in SP.

*mumbles about the crappy post man and leaves the topic*

:rofl:

My postman was very kind and signed for the package himself and just posted it through the door, otherwise I would have been waiting for tomorrow to pick it up!

My postman was very kind and signed for the package himself and just posted it through the door, otherwise I would have been waiting for tomorrow to pick it up!

Well my Noby Noby Boy is longer than yours! *storms off*

:p