[Official] Killzone 2

maybe you have a point about games using dedicated servers being a bit unreliable on launch but if a game wants to have 32 or more players online its probably required due to the slow upload of most broadband connections.

maybe you have a point about games using dedicated servers being a bit unreliable on launch but if a game wants to have 32 or more players online its probably required due to the slow upload of most broadband connections.

You should come to Scandinavia, when it's automatically searching for matches or you arrange matches according to ping, you can be sure to find some swedes 100/100 connections or a Danish 50/50 Fibre - So I'd rather want that, than some random placed server in god knows what country, running on a shared server farm somewhere and having pings like a rollercoaster depending on activity level.

I find Dedicated servers are annoying all the time, most of the time they don't even provide anything over a simple client server, plus client-servers you actually have an "admin" ( host ) present. You don't need to rely on lame votes or waiting for an admin to join and clean up.

But that's just my opinion as I said above :p

On another subject;

SHOPTO DELIVERY NOTICE

Your Order has been dispatched!

Hopefully it'll be here by Saturday, dvd.co.uk's orders usually take two days so I'm hoping for two days as well from ShopTo.

Okay I played 1 quick game there, gotta go eat and then I'll be ready to play some Neowin games. By like 6.30pm?

Damn headshots are satisfying! I'm not that great though, as expected :p I find it quite difficult with no auto-aim on consoles! [learning curve, I'm glad it has none] No lag or any issues, worked fine here.

Use headsets people!

No fun talking to myself :(

Was charging mine, just plugged it in and I got disconnected. Back in once the game ain't full - Can you kick anyone?

i went to target today and they had the game on display. i asked the employee and when he rang it up on the POS it kept up showing Amount Due 0.00 a few times. Then he got a message saying that the game is not out until 2/27. I'm like why the heck is the game on the shelf then if you're not gonna sell it till tomorrow?

lol

A friend of mine has lent me his George Foreman Grill PS3 :p

You can all expect me on Killzone 2 tomorrow evening provided I manage to find a copy when I go to GAME tomorow...

Played it for the first time today. Jumped straight on at Veteran difficulty. What a bloody awesome game!

Thought you had to beat the game once first, or is that not the hardest difficulty?

Apparently I don't have the appropriate rank to join the server :s

I just hopped off to grab some food, came back and when I try to join I get this message too.

What's all that about?

Damn online is good. I'm getting a bit better.

For whatever reason I play best using standard controls, when I switched back I was killing a lot more people - Alternative two makes crouching a bitch for me as I'm just not used to using my middle finger for L2. Plus I never really heavily played COD, so I have no bias or lot of experience using COD controls. Seeing as you need to be scoped often and for a fairly lengthy spell at times, I have no issues with it on toggle at R3.

I ranked up to the rank that lets you make clans, think it's 2-3 above standard. Got some ribbons also. At least my K/D ratio is just above 1 - http://www.killzone.com/kz/mykillzone.psml...r_id=Audioboxer - That ain't bad for the big noob I am at console FPS games :laugh:

By the way, our clan needs a logo for the Killzone page. Anyone good with graphics and can think of something good for Insomniacs?

Gonna play some campaign just now, back online in like an hour or so. I just want to see what the campaign mode is like.

ps. PEOPLE ONLINE CREATE TEAMS - They are useful, let you spawn at the group leader. Not enough people use them.

Damn online is good. I'm getting a bit better.

For whatever reason I play best using standard controls, when I switched back I was killing a lot more people - Alternative two makes crouching a bitch for me as I'm just not used to using my middle finger for L2. Plus I never really heavily played COD, so I have no bias or lot of experience using COD controls. Seeing as you need to be scoped often and for a fairly lengthy spell at times, I have no issues with it on toggle at R3.

I ranked up to the rank that lets you make clans, think it's 2-3 above standard. Got some ribbons also. At least my K/D ratio is just above 1 - http://www.killzone.com/kz/mykillzone.psml...r_id=Audioboxer - That ain't bad for the big noob I am at console FPS games :laugh:

By the way, our clan needs a logo for the Killzone page. Anyone good with graphics and can think of something good for Insomniacs?

Gonna play some campaign just now, back online in like an hour or so. I just want to see what the campaign mode is like.

ps. PEOPLE ONLINE CREATE TEAMS - They are useful, let you spawn at the group leader. Not enough people use them.

I'm still fiddling around with my control layout. I wish you should set sprint to push rather than toggle. I'm not saying I'd prefer it that way, but I'd like to try it out and see which suits me best.

Other than that, it's getting a little more comfortable although the Sixaxis is too small for my hands.