[Official] Killzone 2

There's some good videos on Digital Foundry (full of spoilers btw) that highlight the solid 30fps framerate (1, 2). Interesting stuff. :)

Sweet!

Watched the first video as we know that level inside out.

I'll watch the rest of it once I've played the game to get a better understanding of how the engine works.

yeah, the framerate is genereally good, although i've had a couple of stutters.

the one thing thats starting to annoy me though is the loading freezes. they happen quite often, and i specifically remember in a video preview of the game where the developer said they would be able to get rid of these.

otherwise its good stuff. servers and killzone.com where getting hammered earlier though.

also, has anyone set up a clan yet?

Yeah, who is in charge of this clan?

Also I am assuming it is invite based, so is that In game or regular message?

Also, although I already have a good deal of you on my friends list, for those I might not have, feel free to add me. PSN is...

DLDirtyLarry

Yeah, who is in charge of this clan?

Also I am assuming it is invite based, so is that In game or regular message?

Also, although I already have a good deal of you on my friends list, for those I might not have, feel free to add me. PSN is...

DLDirtyLarry

I believe after you've created a clan and are the leader you can either invite people in-game, or invite people from the Killzone 2 command centre (website). You can appoint up to 12 generals I think it is who can also invite people and arrange tournaments (max clan size is 64).

I don't know if you can create the clan on the command centre [or if creation is just in-game], but either way, you need to have played multiplayer and unlocked 1 or 2 ranks before it's possible to create a clan.

Your PSN ID is just your command centre ID - http://www.killzone.com/kz/mykillzone.psml...r_id=Audioboxer [login is universal, no MGO screw ups here]

Clans and clan matches going on already (2205+ clans) - http://www.killzone.com/kz/clanportal.psml

Edited by Audioboxer

I think you actually need to sign up at Killzone.com because my command centre doesn't exist.

EDIT: Ignore me - blonde moment.

Yeah I should have mentioned you need to sign in at least once for your ID to appear I think [just click sign-in and enter your PSN ID/password]

Yeah I should have mentioned you need to sign in at least once for your ID to appear I think [just click sign-in and enter your PSN ID/password]

I'm glad it uses the universal PSN ID though, at least they got that right.

I'm keen to see how the clan integration works in the game. It's been long overdue on console shooters, so perhaps this is the first of many to come? Who knows.

I'm glad it uses the universal PSN ID though, at least they got that right.

I'm keen to see how the clan integration works in the game. It's been long overdue on console shooters, so perhaps this is the first of many to come? Who knows.

It's all based around either taking part in tournaments, or playing one off games against other clans.

Tournaments can hold up to 256 teams I think it is - Get arranged by Guerilla or I think we can arrange them also.

You bet Valor which is basically your clans currency - Look here and you'll see the top clan is the one with the most valor, and on the left for the next upcoming game you can see the bet is 10 Valor - If you win you take 10 from your opponents current Valor.

Valor stakes can be increased/decreased and for clans who run out, there will be free to enter tournaments to win some back. For the other tournaments there will be varying entry fees, higher stakes mean more to win, but also more to lose.

In fact, directly from the website above

Clan Tournaments

So you’ve recruited a few players, set up a clan, created your own clan page, and maybe even fought a practice match or two. Now what? If you want your clan’s name and reputation to become synonymous with total online domination, you’ll have to prove yourself in the clan tournaments!

The path to glory

As the leader or officer of your new clan, there are two ways to enlist in the clan tournaments: you can either create your own clan tournament, or sign up for a clan tournament someone else has created. In either case, you’ll have to pay an “entry fee”, using your Clan Valor points as currency.

To create your own clan tournament, go to the Tournaments screen and set the desired parameters, such as map settings, mission settings, and badge settings. Pay careful attention to the scheduling options; larger clan tournaments can take several days to complete, so make sure your clan members are able to attend during their designated matches. As a precaution, participating clan members are sent a reminder 15 minutes in advance of the start of a match.

To sign up for an existing clan tournament, go to the Tournaments screen and browse through the list of available clan tournaments until you find one that suits your preferences. Finished clan tournaments, as well as tournaments which are currently in progress, are not available for joining. Please bear in mind that you can only sign up for a clan tournament once, and that all sign-ups are final! Withdrawing from a clan tournament is not allowed, and not showing up counts as a forfeit.

The spoils of victory

Clan tournaments follow a play-off system: the clan that loses a round is eliminated from the tournament, while the winning clan proceeds to the next round. Winners are determined by most Mission Victories first, most Individual Points second, and most Individual Kills last. For each new round, surviving clans from the previous round are randomly pitched against each other. This process continues until the finals, where first and second place are determined. A separate match between the losing semi-finalists determines third place.

Once the outcome of a clan tournament is known, the Clan Valor points waged by the contestants are split up into the following prizes:

* 1st Place: 60% of all Valor

* 2nd Place: 30% of all Valor

* 3rd Place: 10% of all Valor

Official Sony or Guerrilla-sponsored clan tournaments can have additional benefits, such as a weeklong “Featured Clan” spotlight on Killzone.com or other goodies. Rest assured, once you start winning clan tournaments and having your clan page featured on the official website, you won’t be short of challengers for very long...

It looks like you can create the clan online also.

Edited by Audioboxer

Can anyone confirm this?

I believe the game has proximity chat on the maps which the enemy can hear if you're near by (like if you were standing next to someone in real life). Meaning those who talk too much = dead quickly :p

And when you're in your team (can split up into groups of 4), only your group (if in one) can hear you at all times, but again like above there is proximity chat so allies near by not in your group can hear you.

Just tidbits about voice chat I'm reading online...

Can anyone confirm this?

I believe the game has proximity chat on the maps which the enemy can hear if you're near by (like if you were standing next to someone in real life). Meaning those who talk too much = dead quickly :p

And when you're in your team (can split up into groups of 4), only your group (if in one) can hear you at all times, but again like above there is proximity chat so allies near by not in your group can hear you.

Just tidbits about voice chat I'm reading online...

I thought this was already well known. How did you not know this already?

BTW, you can add me to the clan. Although I won't have the game till next week. PSN: DPyro

I did not know about Proximity Chat and that makes me very happy. Love that ****. :laugh:

I did not know about Proximity Chat and that makes me very happy. Love that ****. :laugh:

Proximity Chat was the downfall of my awesomeness on Socom Confrontation, I can't remember who I was playing with, but we kept chatting and joking, and the other guys would always manage to jump us.

Socom was a cruel cruel world, lol.

So I called a Blockbuster after work and the girl I talked to said that they had 2 copies. I asked if they were for sale, she said yes and that she would hold it for me for an hour. I drive over there, get to the counter, ask for the game, and the girl says that they just found out that they couldn't sell it until Friday. Waste of time and gas. I did get a free game rental and a free popcorn because the manager felt bad that I drove all the way there. :p

I will get the game tomorrow though!

Damn i am annoyed.

I got up nice and early ready for the postman when the idiot didn't even bother knocking my door.

I just went downstairs to the door and there is "Sorry, you were out" leaflet :angry:

Time says 8.45 which i was up since 8 so no excuses really. I have to wait at least 7 hours before i can go and collect it aswell.

Anyone else try to go online yesterday evening? I tried 3 times but got a network timeout message.

they already got a patch out for some issues yesterday evening, the service was down for maybe an hour. it's all back up and running again though :)

Damn i am annoyed.

I got up nice and early ready for the postman when the idiot didn't even bother knocking my door.

I just went downstairs to the door and there is "Sorry, you were out" leaflet :angry:

Time says 8.45 which i was up since 8 so no excuses really. I have to wait at least 7 hours before i can go and collect it aswell.

Damn that sucks. Postmen are required to knock loudly three times before leaving a note. Complain to the nearest sorting office.

Damn i am annoyed.

Holy **** your postman comes early.

I don't get post till 11-1pm. Sometimes right up till like 4pm. I'll be in Uni for KZ2 coming :p

It came for me this morning, going to play for a while then get on with some work until this evening. I added a ton of people from Neowin last night so check your friend requests.