Things in Win XP but not in Windows 2003 Server

i tryed it on eval it got quirky also have retale ver that tryed it on in vmware still got quirky acted verry weird :/

and game guy what happned you forgot to say "its a server not a worstation/surfboard" humm strange

maby your loosing ur touch LOL

i got the intelli mouse software to install using Install shield Developer Trial version. All i did was edit the .MSI file and removed the OS check and the Custom Scripts which Auto detect the mouse and keyboard. And it seems to work fine. i appear to have all the options in the control excpet the battery option were it checks your batter state. Other than that it works fine. I downloaded the version from microsoft and with power arc 8 i extracted the contents to the desktop the i edited the .MSI file and installed it. You have to run the .MSI in the Directory it is in because the other setup routines check the os also. I used Virtual pc to check it and it works.

Edited by Betap4

Will the scanner and camera wizard run on Win2003? I've tried finging it, but it's either been omitted, or I'm overlooking it. If it has been omitted, can it be brought from Win XP? I'm not sure about what files are required. I prefer the camera Wizard to the software that comes with my camera

i tryed it on eval it got quirky also have retale ver that tryed it on in vmware still got quirky acted verry weird :/

and game guy what happned you forgot to say "its a server not a worstation/surfboard" humm strange

windows server 2003 under vmware -- i dont know. but ntswitch works beautifully in normal installation. pic

oh and for corp versions, all you have to do is run in safe mode and apply ntswitch, where in other normal versions u can apply ntswitch under normal startup. :)

I am using Windows Server 2003 now.

To be a Server OS, Windows Server 2003 doesn't need more function but to be simple and fast.

Alright, I keep trying to run wiaacmgr.exe to coax the computer into running thr Camera/Scanner wizard. When I win the program it says that no device can be found. Yes, the camera is connected to the computer and is on. This works fine on Win XP, on the same computer, but won't run on this Win 2003 computer. Any ideas, or might this be a limitation of the OS being designed for servers and not for general use?

Alright, I keep trying to run wiaacmgr.exe to coax the computer into running thr Camera/Scanner wizard. When I win the program it says that no device can be found. Yes, the camera is connected to the computer and is on. This works fine on Win XP, on the same computer, but won't run on this Win 2003 computer. Any ideas, or might this be a limitation of the OS being designed for servers and not for general use?

MS removed device drivers for things like these.

How to Install Plus! for Windows XP in Windows Server 2003

The information in this article applies to:

Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP

Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition

Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition

Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition

This article was previously published under Q311410

SUMMARY

This article describes how to install Plus! for Windows XP on a computer that is running a member of the Windows Server 2003 family.

Note: Microsoft did not design Plus! for Windows XP to run on the Windows Server 2003 family. Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) does not support the information that is contained in this article.

MORE INFORMATION

To install Plus! for Windows XP, type the following command at a command prompt, where path is the path to the root of the Plus! for Windows XP installation source:

msiexec.exe /qn+ /i "\path\Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP.msi"

For example, if you are installing Plus! for Windows XP from CD-ROM drive D, type:

msiexec.exe /qn+ /i "D:\Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP.msi"

You receive a message that states whether or not the installation was successful shortly after you issue the command.

After you install Plus! for Windows XP successfully, you can use the Add or Remove Programs tool in Control Panel to add or remove specific Plus! for Windows XP components.

Note: DirectX and Direct3D are required for many of the Plus! for Windows XP components to work properly. DirectX and Direct3D are not activated by default in the Windows Server 2003 family. To activate DirectX and Direct3D:

Click Start, and then click Run.

Type dxdiag, and then press ENTER.

Click the Display tab.

Make sure that all of the DirectX features are set to Enabled.

Hope that helps :D

I think that the document at the beginning of the thread shows that Windows Messenger needs to be installed, ant that TweakUI is also no available, though alternatives are.

I think that the document at the beginning of the thread shows that Windows Messenger needs to be installed, ant that TweakUI is also no available, though alternatives are.

And just to predict what someone might say soon... it's a server OS, not a workstation OS. But I say have fun

Ahh you just need to download the patch for XP messenger 4.7 :) Done :p

Posted by: Knight' May 28 2003, 22:06

Is Windows Messenger in Server 2003 (ive looked everywhere but can't find it )

Thx.