• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Things in Win XP but not in Windows 2003 Server

aludanyi    2

I recently purchased an Asus A6Vm and just because I use Windows Server 2003 as a workstation on my desktop machine, I decided to install the same on my notebook as well. The system is working without any problems, except I can't install the driver for the built in webcam (1.3 MP, USB 2.0 - D-MAX Drivers provided by Asus), I tried it on XP first, and everything is working, but with Server 2003 it simply don't. Did someone tried the same thing and eventually succeed?

The other questions are how to install Adobe Audition and Premiere Pro 2, on Windows Server 2003? The installer just rejects you with the message: "... for Windows XP SP2..."

Thanks.

ObiWanToby    35

Windows Movie Maker.

Windows X    32

Now you can fulfil almost everything in here.

Blazkowicz    0

I recently purchased an Asus A6Vm and just because I use Windows Server 2003 as a workstation on my desktop machine, I decided to install the same on my notebook as well. The system is working without any problems, except I can't install the driver for the built in webcam (1.3 MP, USB 2.0 - D-MAX Drivers provided by Asus), I tried it on XP first, and everything is working, but with Server 2003 it simply don't. Did someone tried the same thing and eventually succeed?

The other questions are how to install Adobe Audition and Premiere Pro 2, on Windows Server 2003? The installer just rejects you with the message: "... for Windows XP SP2..."

Thanks.

at least for drivers you can usually unpack files (even .exe with winrar, if they are archives), and then install by using the add hardware wizard and telling it to search in the right directory, or use the .inf file.

I did it for xbox 360 controller, and for a printer.

these braindead installers suck. (and could harm win 2000 and XP SP1 users as well)

you can try the compatibility options for programs, didn't work for me with driver installers.

illicit    0

Now you can fulfil almost everything in here.

Awesome. Thanks for that. :)

vinodh    0

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but....

After running Server 2003 workstation conversion for the past couple of months, an error on startup produced a message about "fldrclnr.dll could not be loaded" or something. This has to do do with the desktop cleanup wizard. There's 2 ways to get rid of the error.

1. Right-click on the desktop>properties>desktop> and uncheck the "Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days" box

2. Or, find a copy of "fldrclnr.dll" from a XP cd, or another pc, and copy it to your C:\windows\system32\ folder. Make sure you cancel any "windows file protection" messages.

RobNyc    0

Here are some things that are supported in Windows XP but not in Windows 2003 Server. If you've read the thread and still want to configure Windows 2003 server as a workstation, I suggest you read the Windows Server 2003 as a Workstation Guide

link doenst work for me

also Aim Triton doesnt' work after its installed (i ran it with compatibility mode XP) and even before I ran xpconv and after. Anyone?

Edited by RobNyc

hgFixer    0

Excuse me ! I've read all topics and done a lot things but I cant play Need For Speed Underground 2 and Need For Speed Most Wanted ! What's wrong ! Graphics driver is installed ! Help me !

Thanks in advance !

bgardner15    0

I tryed ti install server 2003 spc2 and was told not enough storage?

The Kudhoo    0

Google Answers your question

Hope that helps, it did with me! :D

deltatux    0
Excuse me ! I've read all topics and done a lot things but I cant play Need For Speed Underground 2 and Need For Speed Most Wanted ! What's wrong ! Graphics driver is installed ! Help me !

Thanks in advance !

Did you make sure you got Hardware Acceleration for your graphics enabled?

deltatux

shay7    0

You can enable System Restore if you have an XP CD. Download this archive. Double click the registry file and then click yes. Put in your XP CD, right click the INF file and click Install.

mpg187    8

Can't you add System Restore to 2003?

Fred Derf    217

I am going to assume that Windows 7 (although, perhaps not Windows Vista :p ) has been enough to convince users to not bother using a Server OS as a Workstation.

[Thread Un-Pinned]