[Football] Summer 2009 transfer thread

At least this saga will finish before the window really gets going :p

Looks that way.. then Perez will go after Ronaldo and.. the real saga of summer - part 2 starts.. :laugh:

Man U will try to hold on to him now that Ribery said he does not want to come to England.. I knew British weather would be useful one day ;)

Tevez is going to Man City.

I read that earlier and heard it on Talksport, they should have it finalised in a few days.

Milan confirm Kaka Real deal

AC Milan have confirmed the sale of Kaka to Real Madrid in what is expected to be a world-record transfer.

The Brazil superstar was due to reveal the move at a press conference on Tuesday after undergoing a medical in his homeland.

However, the Serie A side have moved first to confirm the departure of the 27-year-old for the Bernabeu who has signed a six-year contract.

A statement on the Milan website read: "From next season, Kaka will play at Real Madrid.

"AC Milan thanked the man and the great champion Kaka for his decisive contribution to the many victories achieved in the six years of his commitment

"The loss of technique, while serious, can be remedied.

"It will be very difficult to fill the void that will be left by Kak, a shining example of professionalism, commitment and professionalism.

"AC Milan, (according to) the wishes of the managers, players and supporters of the Rossoneri, offer him the most cordial and affectionate wishes for the continuation of his sporting career."

Madrid also confirmed the deal on their website. "Kaka is a player of Real Madrid after an agreement with AC Milan," a statement read.

"The Brazilian footballer has now successfully passed all medical tests. Kaka has signed a contract for the next six seasons with Real Madrid."

The 27-year-old is currently with the Brazilian side on international duty.

Brazil face Paraguay in a World Cup qualifier on Wednesday after beating Uruguay 4-0 over the weekend. (Sky Sports)

Real confirm Villa interest

Real Madrid have confirmed that Valencia striker David Villa is another of their summer transfer targets.

Real have already grabbed the headlines with their ?59million signing of Brazil star Kaka from AC Milan, with more star names expected to follow.

Club president Florentino Perez, who oversaw the 'galacticos' policy during his previous stint at the helm, has named Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Spain international Villa as further potential signings.

Perez revealed he has held talks with Valencia counterpart Manuel Llorente, but insists he will not pursue Villa should the Mestalla outfit elect to retain his services.

Los Che's current financial problems mean they may be forced to sell a number of their top stars, with Chelsea also reported to be monitoring Villa's situation.

Perez told Telemadrid: "I have spoken to (new Valencia president) Manuel Llorente and we need time to see what the actual situation is at Valencia and what they are going to do.

"If they want to keep him (Villa) I think that would be a fitting decision and one I would respect."

Spanish sports daily Marca claims that a deal is in place for Real to sign Villa for around 37million euros (?32million).

Perez will go after Ronaldo and.. the real saga of summer - part 2 starts.. :laugh:

^ As I said..

Perez does not appear deterred and he told Onda Cero and Radio Marca: "I will do everything possible to get Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid.

"Kaka is (just) the first signing.

"The only thing I have done is ensure we follow the path Santiago Bernabeu marked out for us; (signing) the best players in the world (Alfredo Di Stefano), the best in Spain (Amancio) and, with them, the best from the youth set-up (Raul)."

Perez appeared to pour cold water on reports Liverpool's Spain midfielder Alonso could be heading to the Bernabeu.

"He is a great player but he also plays in a big team and I haven't heard any news that they plan to sell him," said the Madrid president.

"It's obvious (Liverpool manager Rafa) Benitez is counting on keeping him. That's normal, he's a good player and it wouldn't be easy to replace him."

Nevertheless, it is expected to be a summer of change at Madrid with nine players seemingly on their way out of the club.

"(The squad) has 28 players. We can bring in six new and only register 25," he said.

Today rumors on Spanish papers:

- Real have already a deal with Valencia for Villa for 37M?

- Bar?a & Inter reached a deal about Zlatan, who'll travel to barcelona for 10M? + Eto'o if this one deals with inter.

- Chelsea is seeking Aguero (for 52M?), Pirlo and Pato.

- Bar?a wants Mascherano and his agent said he'd like to go if it's true

- ManU wants 97M? for CR7!!!

Seeing as Mascherano has been trying to persuade Tevez to come to Liverpool, I doubt he wants to leave, I think he is happy there. Besides Mascherano is more of a grit and grind type of player, he doesn't really fit into Barca's style

Rafa says Mascherano is not for sale and Ngog, Babel, el Zahar and Insua will play more next season.. he feels to quote him.. Liverpool are "in a very good position" and dont need many signings..

Did any of you read this?

Real Madrid will have to pay Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo a fee of around ?26m if they fail to sign him during the summer, according to the Spanish club's vice-president Fernando Tapias.

The Madrid official was asked about the infamous, but as yet unseen, pre-contract agreement for the FIFA World Player of the Year and if it stipulated that Madrid would have to pay €90m to sign Ronaldo or a €30m penalty if they did not.

"Yes.. but that is not our fault," Tapias told Spanish Radio station Cadena COPE. "Ronaldo is a great player. I remember when I was last at the club and Figo was here telling people about him. He is one of the best players in the world.

"That he has a special character and that the price is exorbitant is also true. Maybe FIFA should put a €50m price cap on transfers."

Perez, who presided over the galacticos era of Zindine Zidane and Luis Figo during his first stint in charge, said: "The best players in the world, the ones that have won the Fifa World Player of the Year award are Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo - they are the players Real Madrid fans demand.

"We have to complete the transfer of Kaka, we are not nervous and I hope in a few days we will happily announce the deal.

"I have said Ronaldo does interest us. We have to resolve this and the other big signings in this month of June.

"It seems in the case of Ronaldo he does have a get-out clause and it means if the player brings the money stipulated in the clause he can go."

Edited by Kralik

A nice quote from Goal.com :D

gooner Toronto

17:12 10 Jun 2009

Ronaldo to Madrid hahahaha destroys 2 teams with 1 transfer.....

and Frank it seems Drogba is not leaving after all :no: until they force him to leave.. waiting for the 'wet dream' to come true though ;)

Man U have accepted an ?80 million bid from Real Madrid for Ronaldo! Confirmed on Sky Sports News, and confirmed on the official Man U site!

Thank god it's finally coming to a close. And if we do get ?80 million for himlet the spending spree begin!b:D:D

Man U have accepted an ?80 million bid from Real Madrid for Ronaldo! Confirmed on Sky Sports News, and confirmed on the official Man U site!

Thank god it's finally coming to a close. And if we do get ?80 million for himlet the spending spree begin!b>

WOW! Perez is spending some nice cash, 145 for two players!!!! and they still want a few mor:woot:t:

Thank god it's finally coming to a close. And if we do get ?80 million for himlet the spending spree begin!b:D:D

Stupidly stupid money, it won't be a spending spree, unless we buy the Newcastle tea:p:p Players fergie wants will end up costing over ?30m so we'll be lucky to get 2 top class players in for that ?80m

Next will come Villa.. I feel they want him coz they believe he's the new Raul..

Valdano, Madrid Technical director or somthing like that, said Villa has a prohibitive price (CR7 en Kaka don't...) 37M?, and they trying to put some players (Negredo and someone else I don't remember) to low the price.