Windows 7 Build 7057 x64

7057 x64 boots just fine here :cool:

WinSat is still acting up, however :blink:

Aero Graphics plummeted from 7.9 (7000 and 7048) to 5.9 :x

Gaming Graphics is almost back to nomal with 6.8 (was 6.9 in 7000 and 6.0 in 7048).

Memory is now a little better with 7.0.

HD is unchanged at 5.9.

i think there are some WEI bugs in the latest build

as we can see from the builds its clear that these builds were not intended for the public to use since they left a few bugs unfixed

my graphics went from 7.9 to 5.9 too =(

but 7057 x64 seems a lot faster than the other builds

i think there are some WEI bugs in the latest build

as we can see from the builds its clear that these builds were not intended for the public to use since they left a few bugs unfixed

my graphics went from 7.9 to 5.9 too =(

but 7057 x64 seems a lot faster than the other builds

Well, at least we can see they're working on it and already fixed the Gaming Graphics score which was broken in 7048.

I'm pretty sure they'll fix Aero Graphics and the rest until RC.

Has anyone managed to get more than 5.9 on HDD? Even on a few SAS machines I've tried I've yet to get over 5.9.. odd

Looks like this is also buggy in WinSat. I got one of the new, fast Samsung F1 drives and still only have a 5.9 :blink:

Has anyone managed to get more than 5.9 on HDD? Even on a few SAS machines I've tried I've yet to get over 5.9.. odd

Pulling 7.9 here on a pair of X-25M drives in RAID 0.

Is anyone else having problems getting TWAIN scanners to work under this build?

I've installed 7057 twice, and x64 drivers for a Canon 4350d (that previously worked under Beta 1) do not install the TWAIN components.

I can't scan to PDFs. :(

Has it occurred to you that there are other parameters besides raw read/write speed? Like access time.

Did you notice I said two 80GB VelociRaptors? At 10,000 rpm each? The fastest non-SCSI/non-Fiber Channel/non-SSD drives on the planet? With 6.2 ms access times? In RAID 0? Cranking out 200MB/s+ for reads and writes?

Dude, if the only way you can score over 5.9 on the hard drive category with Windows 7 is by owning an SSD, that's pretty damned stupid.

I guess you didn't get the memo. :blink:

Actually, I would say it is fair.

I'm pulling down 500MB/s on reads, and 160MB/s on writes.

I think w/ those numbers I deserve a better score than dual VRs. ;)

I look in this thread but didn't see anything similar. but i noticed in windows 7 7057 X64, that the compatibility mode has windows Vista SP2 in it... was that in 7048? i dont remember it bein there...

83374916.th.png

I look in this thread but didn't see anything similar. but i noticed in windows 7 7057 X64, that the compatibility mode has windows Vista SP2 in it... was that in 7048? i dont remember it bein there...

83374916.th.png

Yeah, it was in 7048 too.

Another problem, Media Player keeps forgetting it's library has something in it, updating through over 10k songs every time I start it isn't fun anymore, tried deleting the files @ %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player already, but it changed nothing, it still forgets them every time I restart it.

This started after I manually cleared the library once because it started thinking there's 2 copies of every song.

When I want to access other computers on my network only Win 7 PC's are shown. If I want to access my XP PC I have to do a search for it like the pre beta builds. Anyone else have this problem?

83374916.th.png

wow, can I have that wallpaper!!!! nice, very nice

Another problem, Media Player keeps forgetting it's library has something in it, updating through over 10k songs every time I start it isn't fun anymore, tried deleting the files @ %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player already, but it changed nothing, it still forgets them every time I restart it.

This started after I manually cleared the library once because it started thinking there's 2 copies of every song.

I think I got it fixed by deleting the whole Media Player folder in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\, didn't notice there was big bunch of hidden files/folders in there too

I noted a delay when you select all programs in the previous build, it was for me about 20 seconds delay. this has now reduced to a couple of seconds, but when I select games there is a whopping delay of about 40-50 seconds before games open. once opened the problem is not present until i reboot.

Looking real good, now if only MS or even balance would fix punkbuster for win7... sigh :(

really ive have no problems with punkbuster wht game are you trying to run, have you try updating it manual, that worked for me. not too hard!

I don't know if it's the speed of my new computer or if this is something new, but now when I right click for example on an empty area of my desktop I no longer get that activity status icon, which I always hated in Windows, you know that little icon that's a blue circle in newer versions of windows and it used to be a sand clock in older versions,I used to get it for a fraction of a second before the Menu would pop up if I right click now, I instantly get the desktop context menu, can anyone confirm this is a change or is it the speed of my PC? I'm too lazy to install this build on my other computer atm. lol

anyone using 7057x64 on a p5q deluxe board? just wondering if the standard asus apps like the epu engine control software are working

Seems to be working ok. I don't use it on a regular basis so I don't know if it is missing some functionality. I used the Vista 64bit version with Vista Service Pack 1 compatibility mode. Hope this helps.

epu.th.jpg

really ive have no problems with punkbuster wht game are you trying to run, have you try updating it manual, that worked for me. not too hard!

COD5: World at War. It just keeps kicking me out after a minute or so. The errors are usually along the lines of 'unknown api function 131xxx'. Others seem to be having something similar with PB and COD4.

I reinstalled with 7057 x64 this afternoon and the game keeps hanging on me before I'm kicke dout now so I'm not sure if it's any better.

COD5: World at War. It just keeps kicking me out after a minute or so. The errors are usually along the lines of 'unknown api function 131xxx'. Others seem to be having something similar with PB and COD4.

I reinstalled with 7057 x64 this afternoon and the game keeps hanging on me before I'm kicke dout now so I'm not sure if it's any better.

YES! Punkbuster has been driving me nuts on 7. I want to get rid of my Windows Vista partition, because 7 is so much nicer at this point, but punkbuster is nuts.

I have been trying combinations of solutions here in the blog post and the comments.

http://msmvps.com/blogs/brianmadsen/archiv...buster-fix.aspx

I've played for a while, but now I keep getting kicked. I am sure if cheaters can get around punkbuster we can. It doesn't work anyways, we need a better anti cheat system that does not freak out when you play on another OS, like VAC.

Edited by Intelman