All-Glass Firefox v2!

When you have installing Glass v2, I thought that any theme can obtain the transparent effect. But needs to increase the script into stylish for FF for all glass, sometime also needs to modify the theme files. Nasa Night Launch theme after install Glass v2 maybe will get effect like this.

How did you get it to look like that with the Nasa theme.. Looks awesome. Please share

When you have installing Glass v2, I thought that any theme can obtain the transparent effect. But needs to increase the script into stylish for FF for all glass, sometime also needs to modify the theme files. Nasa Night Launch theme after install Glass v2 maybe will get effect like this.

You're pretty good at glassing up Firefox themes!

Thanks a lot! It's working now. :)

You're very welcome :)

Where you able to come up with a version with black text-white shadows?

How come the toolbar text has partial transparency thru it, makes it look distorted?

Where you able to come up with a version with black text-white shadows?

How come the toolbar text has partial transparency thru it, makes it look distorted?

If I disable that partial transparency it looks terrible (jagged edges, ..). Black text version is coming after my exams (which is another three weeks..) sorry!

tried everything but STILL CANT get it to work ! :(

my browser- firefox 3.5b4

theme- default strata

OS- windows XP

uninstalled gmail notifier,disabled bookmarks toolbar,disabled all addons

(skipscreen,adblockplus,downloadthemall,flashgot,oldurl,customizegoogle - are the one installed)

on installing the all-glassgirefox v2 - my menubar,urlbar,and tab bar become black thats about it... no transparency effect! :(

please tell me what am i doing wrong or need to do...!

You probably have the window maximised. Try clicking the middle button in the top right.

Are you using the x64 version of Firefox? I don't think it works with it.

nope!...thats whats got me baffled, as to why it isnt working!

tried everything but STILL CANT get it to work ! :(

my browser- firefox 3.5b4

theme- default strata

OS- windows XP

uninstalled gmail notifier,disabled bookmarks toolbar,disabled all addons

(skipscreen,adblockplus,downloadthemall,flashgot,oldurl,customizegoogle - are the one installed)

on installing the all-glassgirefox v2 - my menubar,urlbar,and tab bar become black thats about it... no transparency effect! :(

Uhh... It doesn't work because you are using Windows XP. The Glasser mod only works on Vista and Windows 7 :(

Careful!

* Not compatible with x64 versions of Firefox! Running the normal Ffx on x64 Windows works just fine!

* Probably only works fine with the default theme (Strata). Other themes might work or they might need some extra CSS bits...

* Obviously only for Windows Vista / Windows 7 with Aero Glass enabled!

* Use with 3.5b4 or similar only. Might look ugly in 3.0!

I'd be very interested in seeing the code for your glassed menus. I could never apply the text-shadow without causing the menu to add scroll bars top and bottom. Edited by 12eason

A newer version with some small bugfixes is available over Mozilla Addons!

CAREFUL! You have to uninstall version 2.0.X (the one you got from here) BEFORE you install the new one over Mozilla Addons!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12181

It's got some (very) small bugfixes, just getting my Mozilla Addon page ready for Ffx 3.5 launch.

im Currently using firefox 3.0.10,

is it possible to use the add-on with it as the previous versions worked with 3.0.10 apart from the DPI bug i mentioned.

if not ill wait for 3.5

im Currently using firefox 3.0.10,

is it possible to use the add-on with it as the previous versions worked with 3.0.10 apart from the DPI bug i mentioned.

if not ill wait for 3.5

It should work but it doesn't look that good.

You could also try the old version (here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...t=0&start=0 ) but I'm not sure if it still works.

Yeah i was using that when i made the report in the old thread.

just installed the beta and tried the new version, and it doesnt work either, so the bug still exists.

I modified the camifox theme files for glassv2 upload in here. [link]

donwloard above link and extrcact, you should got one folder name is camifox@altmusictv.com and copyit into your firefox theme folder . if you have installing camifox theme in this theme folder, that is copy and replace it. try it out restart your FF agree camifox theme . now your tabbar what happen . have fun.

It worked!! Thanks a lot mate, appreciate it :)

The link is down, can anyone put it back up please? :(

The link is down, can anyone put it back up please? :(

I'll check the link again when I get home and will upload it here if its not. Can't do it right now because I'm at work.