All-Glass Firefox v2!

For some reason it works fine when I just open up Firefox on page but when I open a tab I get the evil black toolbar, removing the tab doesn't fix the issue so I'd have to restart Firefox to get it again. I followed your instructions back forth, read the entire thread, disabled all addons, did everything that I can, and for the life of me I just can't seem to understand why it's not working.

I need a fix here.

(Here via LifeHacker.)

Wow, this looks so much better than Glasser. I'm almost keen on using it... except for one nagging incompatibility: Tree Style Tab.

With Tree Style Tab installed and the tab bar showing, any non-white areas on the page, including text, become translucent. This makes it just a bit difficult to read (to extremely understate things).

Unfortunately, I really like the way Tree Style Tab works, and I don't know of any alternatives...

Ambroos: Can you release a version that;

- Doesn't stuff up the menu-bar

- Or the inactive tab

In which that I mean;

- The text is still readable, eg like subtitles

Thank!

(Here via LifeHacker.)

Wow, this looks so much better than Glasser. I'm almost keen on using it... except for one nagging incompatibility: Tree Style Tab.

With Tree Style Tab installed and the tab bar showing, any non-white areas on the page, including text, become translucent. This makes it just a bit difficult to read (to extremely understate things).

Unfortunately, I really like the way Tree Style Tab works, and I don't know of any alternatives...

Also via LifeHacker, also same problem! How can this be fixed?

Hey Ambroos ... thank you for this.

But I must add that sadly this happend

post-294572-1243415609_thumb.png

Facts:

- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.10

- Windows 7 RC 64 bit

Keep up the good work.

Hi,

I tried following the instructions you gave in your last post but I can't seem to make the tab bar transparent in Firefox 3.5b4

I edited the browser.css file inside the camifox.jar file. Is this correct?

I also tried to add your code changes as a new style in Stylish but this had no effect.

I currently have Camifox (2.0/Win) Enable compatibility w/ Glasser installed in Stylish to make the bookmarks toolbar transparent, but this doesn't work with the tab bar.

Can you help? Hope that makes some sense :p

I modified the camifox theme files for glassv2 upload in here. [link]

donwloard above link and extrcact, you should got one folder name is camifox@altmusictv.com and copyit into your firefox theme folder . if you have installing camifox theme in this theme folder, that is copy and replace it. try it out restart your FF agree camifox theme . now your tabbar what happen . have fun.

I modified the camifox theme files for glassv2 upload in here. [link]

donwloard above link and extrcact, you should got one folder name is camifox@altmusictv.com and copyit into your firefox theme folder . if you have installing camifox theme in this theme folder, that is copy and replace it. try it out restart your FF agree camifox theme . now your tabbar what happen . have fun.

It worked!! Thanks a lot mate, appreciate it :)

Hey Ambroos ... thank you for this.

But I must add that sadly this happend

*image here*

Facts:

- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.10

- Windows 7 RC 64 bit

Keep up the good work.

That's probably your theme doing that. Try setting it to the default Strata.

That's probably your theme doing that. Try setting it to the default Strata.

He also appears to have tree tabs, which is causing his content to become transparent. Does anyone have a fix?

screenshot6u.jpg

screenshot7a.jpg

thank you so much for this work!!!

i am an artist/designer/musician... and i have admired and followed geeks for most of my life.

i can appreciate the logic in "function over design" and running lean-and-mean...

but i have never been on board with the bashing of aero, chrome and other eye-candy by hacker/coders...

this is stunning work.

i spent hours testing out themes after downloading your glass...

i wasted alot of time trying to tweak AnyColor, but no payoff.

you may be able to see that text in the status bar is not displayed... but i happily forgo it!

Themes that look attractive with the Glass:

BlackX 2

CrystalFox Modern

iCandy Junior

My_buuf

Neptune

Pluto

Slickerfox

Smoke

PS: Lifehacker

Edited by punkasspunk

Thanks for all your nice comments! I can't repeat it enough, but if you are getting any problems with this theme it's probably some addon causing them. The Javascript used to add the glass to the whole browser does something with counting toolbars and some addons really mess with it and I have no idea about how to correct it.

So if you have problems, disable all your addons, revert to the default theme and then try turning all addons back on one by one to see which one causes the trouble!

Now a little update ^^ This month (and it's not over yet) I had about 3000 downloads. Then there was an article on Lifehacker. And now, only two days later, the counter is at 61212 and it's still going up pretty fast... I'd like to thank the people who featured me at Lifehacker cause this gave me some great publicity! Thanks a lot!

Thanks for all your nice comments! I can't repeat it enough, but if you are getting any problems with this theme it's probably some addon causing them. The Javascript used to add the glass to the whole browser does something with counting toolbars and some addons really mess with it and I have no idea about how to correct it.

So if you have problems, disable all your addons, revert to the default theme and then try turning all addons back on one by one to see which one causes the trouble!

Now a little update ^^ This month (and it's not over yet) I had about 3000 downloads. Then there was an article on Lifehacker. And now, only two days later, the counter is at 61212 and it's still going up pretty fast... I'd like to thank the people who featured me at Lifehacker cause this gave me some great publicity! Thanks a lot!

Hi!

I disabled all my addons(exept for All-Glass ofc) and it still didn't work

Facts:

Firefox 3.0.10

Windows Vista Ultimate x64

No addons

Any idea why it doesn't work ?

Hi!

I disabled all my addons(exept for All-Glass ofc) and it still didn't work

Facts:

Firefox 3.0.10

Windows Vista Ultimate x64

No addons

Any idea why it doesn't work ?

It doesn't really like 3.0, and are you by any chance using the special x64 version of Firefox? That also breaks it.

Try getting the normal 3.5b4 and try it with that version (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html)!

I hope someday it works here. Disabled all addons but it and still not working. Not using Firefox x64, but regular Firefox x86 3.0.10. Tried many many times even with a brand new and clean Firefox installation and nothing. Tried on both my notebook and my desktop and nothing... My notebook runs Vista Home Premium SP2 x86 and my desktop Vista Home Premium SP1 x86. My screenshot is some posts above and, as you can see, it's glassy, but all black instead of transparent. Thank you, anyway. It seems to be a really nice addon. :cry:

I think it's not working with Vista SP2. Please, check screenshot.
I hope someday it works here. Disabled all addons but it and still not working. Not using Firefox x64, but regular Firefox x86 3.0.10. Tried many many times even with a brand new and clean Firefox installation and nothing. Tried on both my notebook and my desktop and nothing... My notebook runs Vista Home Premium SP2 x86 and my desktop Vista Home Premium SP1 x86. My screenshot is some posts above and, as you can see, it's glassy, but all black instead of transparent. Thank you, anyway. It seems to be a really nice addon. cry.gif

Remember it doesn't work the same when maximised. Looking at your screenshot it seems like it is. Try hitting the middle button in the top right and see if it makes a difference. The best way is just to drag the window size so it's full screen if you want it that big, rather than using the maximise button.

It worked!! Thanks a lot mate, appreciate it :)

You are very good, we need to thanks Ambroos work for this。

I downloaded the link from the 1st post and nothing happens to my FF 3.0. And I dont have Gmail notifier installed.

What is the best FF theme to use with this? default? Cos Im using Nasa Night Launch at the moment.

Thanks.

When you have installing Glass v2, I thought that any theme can obtain the transparent effect. But needs to increase the script into stylish for FF for all glass, sometime also needs to modify the theme files. Nasa Night Launch theme after install Glass v2 maybe will get effect like this.

post-293488-1243598904_thumb.png

Yep it works with other themes too but you will have to modify some things with Stylish for them to look decent.

Remember it doesn't work the same when maximised. Looking at your screenshot it seems like it is. Try hitting the middle button in the top right and see if it makes a difference. The best way is just to drag the window size so it's full screen if you want it that big, rather than using the maximise button.

Thanks a lot! It's working now. :)