[Official] ArmA 2 (PC) , Q2+ 2009

I'm tempted to get this. Gonna wait for a demo though.

I will either get Flashpoint 2 OR this, not both. So we'll see.

Even though they're released months apart, and will most likely be incredibly different games?

It will be totally different games, no doubt about it. I will bet you anything, Codemasters is going to turn the game into a sort of Battlefield game with little focus on what made the original such a success. ArmA II is the spiritual successor to Operation Flashpoint, get the game and support the real developers not those developers who just ride the name of a great game.

2PM GMT - 3PM CET - 6:00 AM PST

Actually, it's 2PM GMT - 4PM CEST - 6:00 AM PST. :p

I copy & pasted those from the thread over at the official forums, so don't blame me ;)

On another note, just won a signed copy of the game and a branded ArmA II Zippo http://twitpic.com/5jxs3 :D

Blame is for the weak. Anyway, how in the world did you win a signed copy of ArmA II? :o

Blame is for the weak. Anyway, how in the world did you win a signed copy of ArmA II? :o

Just checked up, you are incorrect, 3PM CEST is the right time as that's basically GMT +1 - Score one for me! *cough*

It was a "Why should you win" competition over at Armaholic.com, 3 winners were selected and I was one of them :)

Just checked up, you are incorrect, 3PM CEST is the right time as that's basically GMT +1 - Score one for me! *cough*

It was a "Why should you win" competition over at Armaholic.com, 3 winners were selected and I was one of them :)

ok so whats 3PM CEST (whats CEST when its at home) in UK time?

That's 2pm, UK time is GMT and Denmark is GMT +1 ( Also known as CEST ) - So the Demo should be here ... now?

well lets try and find some download links.. saw it would be around 2GB download!!

My mistake. Congratulations on winning.

It's 9:09 AM EST here. Where's the demo?

im hitting just below 1mb/sec off the torrent they posted, but i guess that will slow down the more people use it

EDIT: should have it in around 45mins if it keeps its speed

EDIT 2: Whoo!! 7k hit (again)

It's one page back and thank you :)

Hahahahahaha! Sweet! :woot:

Looks like the demo is jam packed, SP, MP, benchmark level and even a limited editor - Hopefully it will convince a few of you to buy the game, it would be awesome to play with some Neowin members :)

Congrats on the 7k for the second time, Uni :D

Looks like the demo is jam packed, SP, MP, benchmark level and even a limited editor - Hopefully it will convince a few of you to buy the game, it would be awesome to play with some Neowin members :)

Congrats on the 7k for the second time, Uni :D

hehe thanks Sethos, looking forward to playing it

The demo will either make it or break it for me. Hopefully, I'll enjoy it enough to want to buy it. I'm currently downloading the torrent at a measly 5-45 kB/s. I hope the FilePlanet download is faster.

Was just sitting here, getting upset over not getting anything above 60 kb/s ... Then I asked myself, "why the hell are you downloading the demo?"

The demo will either make it or break it for me. Hopefully, I'll enjoy it enough to want to buy it. I'm currently downloading the torrent at a measly 5-45 kB/s. I hope the FilePlanet download is faster.

it will speed up shortly, mine started off slow then a seeder with 100% appeared and im pulling 1mb/sec of him if you want to add it manually its

it will speed up shortly, mine started off slow then a seeder with 100% appeared and im pulling 1mb/sec of him if you want to add it manually its

It's been slow for over 30 minutes. :(

Thanks for the IP, but I'll need the port too.