[Comic] xkcd Thread

orbitals.png

And now someone drunk and hot stumbles in, one thing follows another, and the next roommate to return home sleeps in the hall lounge orbital.

two_party_system.png

I favor approval voting or IRV chiefly because they mean we might get to bring back The Bull Moose party.

sagan-man.png

They laugh now, but within 10 years the city's entire criminal class will have quit to work on space research.

academia_vs_business.png

Some engineer out there has solved P=NP and it's locked up in an electric eggbeater calibration routine. For every 0x5f375a86 we learn about, there are thousands we never see.

prudence.png

Moments later, the White Witch rolls up and, confused, tries to tempt the probe with a firmware upgrade.

silent_hammer.png

I bet he'll keep quiet for a couple weeks and then-- wait, did you nail a piece of scrap wood to my antique table a moment ago?

pandora.png

What? Oh, no, the 'Enchanted' soundtrack was just playing because Pandora's algorithms are terrible. [silence] ... (quietly) That's how you knooooooow ...

LOL so true! That's the only feature that bugs me about the latest version. No Facebook, I do not want to write on <random friend>'s wall, but thanks for the suggestion :rolleyes:

the_sun.png

Obligatory bad guy: This operation is sheer foolishness, and it's not happening on my watch! Mainly because I can't figure out how to adjust the time.

natural_parenting.png

On one hand, every single one of my ancestors going back billions of years has managed to figured it out. On the other hand, that's the mother of all sampling biases.