[Comic] xkcd Thread

seismic_waves.png

The USGS operates a really neat email/SMS earthquake notification service (earthquake.usgs.gov/ens/) that allows fine-grained control of notifications.

hell.png

There's also a Katamari level where everything is just slightly bigger than you, and a Mario level with a star just out of reach.

literally.png

The chemistry experiment had me figuratively -- and then shortly thereafter literally -- glued to my seat.

trade_expert.png

I mean, it's been almost twenty years. Now, it's possible you're simply embedding Windows directory paths in your URIs, but in that case you need more than just a short lecture.

Couldn't agree more on this one too...:angry:

circuit_diagram.png

I just caught myself idly trying to work out what that resistor mass would actually be, and realized I had self-nerd-sniped.

desert_island.png

Telescopes and bathyscapes and sonar probes of Scottish lakes, Tacoma Narrows bridge collapse explained with abstract phase-space maps, some x-ray slides, a music score, Minard's Napoleonic war: the most exciting new frontier is charting what's already here.

hdtv.png

We're also stuck with blurry, juddery, slow-panning 24fps movies forever because (thanks to 60fps home video) people associate high framerates with camcorders and cheap sitcoms, and thus think good framerates look 'fake'.

eagle.png

In the off-seasons, I hire an animal trainer to help confront secret agents with situations which they are unable to report by radio.

hdtv.png

We're also stuck with blurry, juddery, slow-panning 24fps movies forever because (thanks to 60fps home video) people associate high framerates with camcorders and cheap sitcoms, and thus think good framerates look 'fake'.

This is so true. I have no idea why 1080p is supposed to be impressive

floor.png

We once got grounded when we convinced the FAA to block flights through our county because of ash clouds.

The XKCD comics are slowly return to good old classic form! Nice stab at the Icelandic volcano disruptions a few weeks back laugh.gif

cemetery.png

Three headstones down, I got a call from my mom and it went from bad to worse.

yogurt.png

I am firmly of the opinion that if something doesn't have a year on it, every time the expiration date rolls around it is good again for the two weeks preceeding that date.