Windows 7 build 7068 Screenshot (Yes, it's real)

Put it in while you are already booted in 7057 of course.

But, upgrading is never really wise to do with Beta's... Better to just back up your files on a DVD or something and then do a clean installation.

(Groetjes uit Belgi?:pp)

yeah I know, but a all the files need to be moved again, all the software installed again, drivers, and I'm sooooo lazy :pp

en ja, de belgen zijn er :DD

I now keep a folder on a separate drive with all reinstall programs and have all data and documents put on that drive. Had to considering how many leaks keep coming out! Always best to do a clean install, never an upgrade.

I now keep a folder on a separate drive with all reinstall programs and have all data and documents put on that drive. Had to considering how many leaks keep coming out! Always best to do a clean install, never an upgrade.

that's not always true, upgrading from 7000 to 7068 shouldn't be a problem and shouldn't make any difference from a clean install, if it farks things up then they wouldn't have it as an option.

that's not always true, upgrading from 7000 to 7068 shouldn't be a problem and shouldn't make any difference from a clean install, if it farks things up then they wouldn't have it as an option.

+1

As long as you have a clear understanding that there is a possibility that your copy of Windows 7 can end up going haywire from upgrading and know that any bugs which may be caused is most likely a byproduct from the process of upgrading and not MS' fault, there really isn't much of a problem.

I upgraded from 7057 -> 7068 just for the sake of it, and nothing has gone wrong for me.

~ Bioran

This is a beta product, hence the update option. They have to test this as well! The simple fact is that it is NOT recommended. The fact that some people do it and have no problems just means that they are one of the lucky few. Most people who upgrade experience substantially more problems and bugs. Just view the posts on this forum!

Maybe 7068 will be more stable in this regard, has anyone posted any times that it takes to do an upgrade with this build? Is it faster than previous? Upgrading has traditionally been a lot slower with the other builds as well. It is a lot faster to do a clean install and re-install everything you need!

This is a beta product, hence the update option. They have to test this as well! The simple fact is that it is NOT recommended. The fact that some people do it and have no problems just means that they are one of the lucky few. Most people who upgrade experience substantially more problems and bugs. Just view the posts on this forum!

Maybe 7068 will be more stable in this regard, has anyone posted any times that it takes to do an upgrade with this build? Is it faster than previous? Upgrading has traditionally been a lot slower with the other builds as well. It is a lot faster to do a clean install and re-install everything you need!

The upgrading does take significantly longer then clean installing. For me, the upgrade took roughly 3 hours to complete.

~ Bioran

The upgrading does take significantly longer then clean installing. For me, the upgrade took roughly 3 hours to complete.

~ Bioran

That's kind of my point as well, I can do a clean install and have everything back on my comp in under an hour. However, as I said before, the upgrade option needs to be tested as well, so it's good that some do it!

this looks interesting Windows 7 RC download page goes up early, coming in May (Updated). i went though it and got me a new x64bit CDKEY. Then i found this Things to Know About This Beta Release of Windows 7. At the moment im downloading the new build 7068, ill post my thoughts about it with in 12hrs, the last build 7057 didnt go too well for me and 7048 was good but there where a few things that work not too well, like the start/programs menu not workin everytime!

Edited by lflashl

I think the more relavant question is why you feel it as being necessary to warn people for posting screenshots of their torrent client. Unless they happen to have the tracker URL showing in the screenshot, I wouldn't really constrew that as providing information on where to get the download.

Just being friendly. Wouldn't want any new members to not know the rules and get in trouble. :)

I see 7068 still has the "default icon" bug when mousing over an .exe file.

icon-bug2.jpg

Anyone else get this message in action center in 7068? So there's a problem here, or the action center updated for the future antivirus programs?

capturev.png

(and when I installed this build, it tell me that I have only 3 days for activation)

Oh and the games explorer got new icon

Anyone else get this message in action center in 7068? So there's a problem here, or the action center updated for the future antivirus programs?

capturev.png

(and when I installed this build, it tell me that I have only 3 days for activation)

I am getting this too with AVG Anti-Virus 8.5

My Security centre says my anti-virus is ok, using Avira v9.

anti-virus.jpg

That's kind of my point as well, I can do a clean install and have everything back on my comp in under an hour. However, as I said before, the upgrade option needs to be tested as well, so it's good that some do it!

Yes the upgrade feature should be tested, for Vista, not from beta to beta. The upgrade button also appears for hard drives which are completely plain, so it could be a bug with the installer.

The AV notify is probably to keep people from using old AV versions they had with their old PC a while ago. I know many people who were disappointed that their beloved Norton AV 2005 didn't longer work properly in Vista...

My Security centre says my anti-virus is ok, using Avira v9.

avira 9 has was in beta for a long time, only just recently being released, and they started supporting windows 7 from the beginning. the retail versions of nod and KIS haven't so it should be no surprise

so, I'm using nod32 so what should I do? If I understand correctly, nod32 will work fine, but it won't communicate with windows like it should? But in terms of protection, nothing changes, no?

Upgrading the install, I am NOT losing all my apps and stuff for a fresh install.

Upgrading the install, I am NOT losing all my apps and stuff for a fresh install.

up to 3 hours to upgrade. Or 30 to 45 minutes to do a fresh install and another 10 to 15 minutes to install my apps, Java, flash, shockwave and DivX. I think I'll do the fresh install.

3 more hours to go until I have 7068. I'm out of DVD's at the moment,

so it'll be a couple days before I can install it. But at least I'll have it!

prod_91_1541.gif

3 more hours to go until I have 7068. I'm out of DVD's at the moment,

so it'll be a couple days before I can install it. But at least I'll have it!

why don't you just install using a usb stick?