Windows 7 build 7068 Screenshot (Yes, it's real)

Found via Winfuture.de:

First TAP partners are getting access to build 7068. A screenshot published by the Japanese Microsoft employee Shinobu Takahashi confirms its existence:

Blog post in Japanese: Here (Can anyone give a rough translation of it?)

Screenshot:

120DPI_2.jpg

Do not ask for links to windows 7 via PM or any other means.

Do not ask for files from Windows 7.

Do not post pictures of your self downloading windows 7

Do not tell people which illegal sites to acquire windows 7 from

Anyone doing any of those things will get you a warning.

Now that you all know, I hope I do not have to give out any warnings.

Warwagon.

Edited by warwagon

New font? Or just changed manually? It looks a little mac-ish, but good.

Edited by nyolc8

Thanks for the information Mephistopheles :) It's a shame they haven't made any changes to the 'start' button :(

I noticed that! I hope it is new font rendering, then I won't have to use GDI++!

Same SegoeUI font, just displayed at a higher DPI setting (note the file name: 120DPI_2.jpg)

At this point I'd just wait for the actual RC. Aren't you pretty much guranteed to have to reinstall in just a few weeks if installing this one and wanting to use the more polished upcoming RC build?

7068 has been released to testers and will probably surface on the net overnight, could be quite a few hours, Chinese are downloading through MFT.

Just a quick update to those subscribed to our RSS and Newsletter. Windows 7 Build 7068 is available via Connect right now. Here’s the build string: 7068.0.090321-1322_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRC1CULXFRER_EN_DVD. The build was not sent out to tech testers and was for OEMs to work with.

that last thread was locked for being fake, lol...

7068 is 100% real, testers can get this build 100%, i'm sick of so many people calling fake just because they cannot find it on BT network.

Latest build is 6.1.7070.0.winmain.090324-1853 and will probably be Public RC as stated of today

26.03.2009 The Company Microsoft accidentally placed on your server or the page just yet to start Windows 7 RC dated May this year, in fact, confirmed his plans for a public release candidate of Windows 7 RC in May this year.

According to our data, this happens at the end of May 2009.

but now that the actual assembly is assembled: 6.1.7070.0.winmain.090324-1853

Nope.. :)

The icon's the same, it's just that the different DPIs make them look a little different - and the reason why the icon has two sound waves instead of three is because the volume on the machine isn't at its highest.

7068 is 100% real, testers can get this build 100%, i'm sick of so many people calling fake just because they cannot find it on BT network.

Latest build is 6.1.7070.0.winmain.090324-1853 and will probably be Public RC as stated of today

qft. Altho i dont belive 7070 will be RC, if they intend to release RC in may, we still have at least about 2 weeks of development. oh ya 7068 coming in to the store near you soon.

qft. Altho i dont belive 7070 will be RC, if they intend to release RC in may, we still have at least about 2 weeks of development. oh ya 7068 coming in to the store near you soon.

I said "probably" not "definetly" anyway builds could halt and MS team could go on a break, don't they do that with Escrow builds?

I said "probably" not "definetly" anyway builds could halt and MS team could go on a break, don't they do that with Escrow builds?

I think you're right atleeit. I have a feeling they are at or close to escrow. 7070 may be the one. We'll see.