pre-RTM winmain branch:

6.1.7105.0.winmain.090404-1235

6.1.7106.0.winmain.090408-1623

winmain_win7rc branch:

7077.0.winmain_win7rc.090404-1255

7078.0.winmain_win7rc.090406-1758

7079.0.winmain_win7rc.090407-1902

7080.0.winmain_win7rc.090408-1900

Can you tell us your source for this info?

Denis W.
I didn't say that

Also, Even if they use 2GB ram. There is noticeable performance increase in x64 based apps and games. Even if the app isn't 32bit. There can still be a very very small performance increase.

What apps do you know that don't work in 64bit OSes that are in 32bit?

Also, I knew TF2 had a x64 issue awhile ago. But it was a known issue that was valve's fault. But I play TF2 often on 2fort2furious on x64 just fine. If you try x64 again and still have that issue. Let me know and if you could log the console. That way I can see what went wrong.

I didn't aim that comment directly at you, I just noticed many people here on this subforum make those same comments every time a 32-bit build gets leaked.

Oh, didn't know Valve fixed that by now. I haven't used 64-bit builds fulltime since about half a year ago.

I'll give the 64-bit build another shot around RC time I guess.

Warboy
Oh, didn't know Valve fixed that by now. I haven't used 64-bit builds fulltime since about half a year ago.

I'll give the 64-bit build another shot around RC time I guess.

yea, it was strange tho. Since TF2 doesn't run in 64bit mode normally. If I remember right, You have to trigger it with a shortcut command.

+Gary7
Obviously he meant 3GB

Yes I did .Brain Fart. :(

Kevin.
Can you tell us your source for this info?

That source is from Wzor.

Giving the track record on the RC branch, no doubt the final RC will be done in late April/early May. It's now a matter of which build will be renamed to build 7100.

I'm doubting we'll see it tomorrow. For it to be out tomorrow, they would have to rename build 7080 to 7100 right now.

Ames
Just because windows x86 cannot display more than 3. MB of memory does not mean it cannot use more than 3 MB of memory. Before the flaming started, all facts should have been known. Carry on.

From my understanding, x86 (32-bit) architectures cannot address more than 2^32 bits of ram (or 4GB). While there a hacks around this (like PXE) they involve virtualizing aditional ram which isn't directly addressible. As such they are slow. And they are not available in client versions of Windows. The 4GB includes everything, including device mappings and video memory. If windows says it can only use 2.75GB of ram, then thats all it can use.

I'm doubting we'll see it tomorrow. For it to be out tomorrow, they would have to rename build 7080 to 7100 right now.

I think people are more referring to an early Escrow build being available tmrw to testers. Theres no way we'll see the final RC

Maccik2

I mean it will be some builds before 7100 :)

Halfalive

This build seems to run slower on my notebook. Programs take longer to open and aminations are sluggish compared to build 7068. :( Anyone else, notice this build running slower than 7068?

blackroseMD1

Well, the x64 showed up for a second, but now it's gone again. We should see it in the next day or two though.

P.S. please don't try to tell me that 7105 is coming out tomorrow...it's not. It might be sent to a few select testers, but we are not going to see a leak of it tomorrow.

Edited by blackroseMD1
+Gary7
From my understanding, x86 (32-bit) architectures cannot address more than 2^32 bits of ram (or 4GB). While there a hacks around this (like PXE) they involve virtualizing aditional ram which isn't directly addressible. As such they are slow. And they are not available in client versions of Windows. The 4GB includes everything, including device mappings and video memory. If windows says it can only use 2.75GB of ram, then thats all it can use.

I think people are more referring to an early Escrow build being available tmrw to testers. Theres no way we'll see the final RC

I believe that you are correct about the ram usage:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa...s_windows_vista

andy_rose
that is not a w7 bug. it's related to nvidia drivers. you have to disable powermizer in order to make aero smooth.

Well, just tried both programs, but powermizer is already turned off, and also, I could not change any options at all as they are all greyed out.

Must be some prog for laptops or something.

Delete my account please

I just took a walk down by the bay and saw a sign posted about 7077 x64.

marinebio72
Well, just tried both programs, but powermizer is already turned off, and also, I could not change any options at all as they are all greyed out.

Must be some prog for laptops or something.

check the clock speed of your gpu and compare it to the factory settings. I would hazard a guess that when you are experiencing the laggy aero issue, it is because your gpu is downclocked. a good utility to confirm this is GPU-Z, available at http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

andy_rose
check the clock speed of your gpu and compare it to the factory settings. I would hazard a guess that when you are experiencing the laggy aero issue, it is because your gpu is downclocked. a good utility to confirm this is GPU-Z, available at http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Well, I can check that too, but as I have said earlier, on Vista everything is as smooth as silk.

wguimb
Well, the x64 showed up for a second, but now it's gone again. We should see it in the next day or two though.

P.S. please don't try to tell me that 7105 is coming out tomorrow...it's not. It might be sent to a few select testers, but we are not going to see a leak of it tomorrow.

No we won't - we will see a leak of it TODAY. ;)

marinebio72
Well, I can check that too, but as I have said earlier, on Vista everything is as smooth as silk.

you probably have some sort of driver problem then. I am using a graphics card that is far FAR weaker (quadro NVS 160M), and i have absolutely no problems when I the gpu isnt underclocked. if it does underclock, the error your speak of occurs, but like i said, this is intentional. if you are not intending to run the gpu at normal settings, then you also shouldnt be using aero (for instance, i turn off aero when i go into battery mode). just check the clock speeds to confirm.

vask
you probably have some sort of driver problem then. I am using a graphics card that is far FAR weaker (quadro NVS 160M), and i have absolutely no problems when I the gpu isnt underclocked. if it does underclock, the error your speak of occurs, but like i said, this is intentional. if you are not intending to run the gpu at normal settings, then you also shouldnt be using aero (for instance, i turn off aero when i go into battery mode). just check the clock speeds to confirm.

I think some of you people don't realize what we are noticing. It is not that the overall animation of aero is jerky (minimize maximize is fine), it is mostly noticeable when you open or close windows. If you concentrate your vision on the borders of the windows you will see that the animation is not completely smooth (like in vista) but instead has a slight jerk/pause in the middle of it. I have 4 different system at home, totally diffrent configs, 2 desktops, one with 8800gts another with radeon 4850 and 2 notebooks, one with gma950 and another with 4500mhd. All of them exhibit this problem. I will try to capture a video of this tomorrow.

marinebio72
I think some of you people don't realize what we are noticing. It is not that the overall animation of aero is jerky (minimize maximize is fine), it is mostly noticeable when you open or close windows. If you concentrate your vision on the borders of the windows you will see that the animation is not completely smooth (like in vista) but instead has a slight jerk/pause in the middle of it. I have 4 different system at home, totally diffrent configs, 2 desktops, one with 8800gts another with radeon 4850 and 2 notebooks, one with gma950 and another with 4500mhd. All of them exhibit this problem. I will try to capture a video of this tomorrow.

i know precisely what you are talking about, and it DOES happen to me if my gpu is downclocked, but it does NOT when it isn't.

Lord Ba'al
I'll answer my own question. :D

Found this: Themida is a software protection product designed to prevent software from being "cracked" and uses encryption

But: Unfortunately, Themida is highly used by virus writers, keylogger writers, etc., to conceal their malware.

So, all in all no one can actually be absolutely certain that when Themida is detected it is malware or a legit product.

I see... so I'd put Themida not working rather as a good thing :laugh:

Those programs which are using it would probably be good advised to look for a better alternative.

Just because windows x86 cannot display more than 3. MB of memory does not mean it cannot use more than 3 MB of memory.

Yes, programs can use more that 3 megabytes, that's right.

With gigabyte however, this would be very wrong. Any x86 program cannot use more than 2 gigabytes. The rest is reserved for the operating system.

Anyway, x64 appeared now :woot:

You mean 7105? Right after 7077? :blink:

blackroseMD1

You were correct sir...we did see a leak of 7105 today...it was called 7077.

I apologize for doubting you, but you can't really blame me, seeing as how it's the same build.

Edit: BTW, if a new build leaks today (April 10, 2009 U.S.), I will eat my shorts. :p

Edited by blackroseMD1
soulburner

I have a problem with this build. My integrated audio card (Realtek ALC885) doesn't produce any sound. The default drivers installed with Windows 7 - no sound, but the meters in the mixer are working, just not my speakers. The same thing happens on Realtek's drivers, v2.21 (Vista version).

edit - ok, problem solved. On XP I can select which output jack is used for what. Here, only the green output is front stereo - I had to plug my speakers there and it's okay now :)

Edited by soulburner
Elliot B.

I upgraded to 7077 x64 from Windows Vista SP1 x64 and after entering my password to log on, I'm presented with a blue screen with no icons, taskbar etc.

I can use Windows Task Manager to launch programs. Entering 'explorer.exe' into Run runs through some things but there is no improvement to my problem.

Any ideas?

andy_rose

Here's a screenie from gpu-z. Can anyone see anything wrong?

post-2229-1239388256_thumb.jpg

JasonChong
Here's a screenie from gpu-z. Can anyone see anything wrong?

Clock 0 MHz