Windows 7 Build 7077 Due Today/Tonight

7077 installed (clean always for me) faster than 7068, 7057 and 7000. Yeah I skipped 22 and 48, lol. I still have it seeding on my laptop btw, get it, get it, get it. :p

which software would be best to use if i wanted to install W7 by mounting the image as opposed to burning it to a dvd?

Virtual CloneDrive any good?

which software would be best to use if i wanted to install W7 by mounting the image as opposed to burning it to a dvd?

Virtual CloneDrive any good?

I just extracted the iso to an external HD and ran the Setup.exe from there.

I just extracted the iso to an external HD and ran the Setup.exe from there.

im not looking to use an external HD. im creating a separate partition and i want to mount it and chooe to install it to the new partition.

which software will be best for that?

im not looking to use an external HD. im creating a separate partition and i want to mount it and chooe to install it to the new partition.

That's what I did. I ran the setup.exe that was extracted on the external HD and chose the partition I wanted to install it on.

That's what I did. I ran the setup.exe and chose the partition I wanted to install it on.

u moved the extracted files to your external and then ran the setup.

would it work the same way if i dragged the setup files to the new partition and just ran the installer there?

what about when it reboots will there be problems during installation?

would it work the same way if i dragged the setup files to the new partition and just ran the installer there?

I don't think you can drag it to the partition you want it installed on. It would be written over. When I clicked

the setup.exe, it worked just as if it were the DVD. Just extract the ISO using Winrar to someplace other than

the partition you want to install. Worked flawlessly here.

Ugh enough with with all these reports of every build being "faster" If every build was so fast we'd be installing in 3 minutes or something! This build is exactly like 7068 minus the wmp bugs and it took WAY longer to install, especially with that random reboot after it configures your networking. Just stop claiming false things because you're excited about a new build.

Ugh enough with with all these reports of every build being "faster" If every build was so fast we'd be installing in 3 minutes or something! This build is exactly like 7068 minus the wmp bugs and it took WAY longer to install, especially with that random reboot after it configures your networking. Just stop claiming false things because you're excited about a new build.

Just a question. Others have claimed a 15-20 minute install, are they lying?

Just a question. Others have claimed a 15-20 minute install, are they lying?

I can install in 11 minutes with my usb thumb drive.

Nope, they're not lying

They aren't lying. The install time has basically been the same since 7022. Nothing different. But this install did restart an extra time.

Taskbar icons are definitely rounded which is a change from at least 7048. The Start orb "color explosion" has been toned down and the logo more defined at least from 7048 as well. I personally like the rounded icons...

Virtual clonedrive does just fine. It's not like XP anymore. You start the install from within Windows, and when it asks for reboot you don't need the DVD anymore, all will go just well! I've installed every build since 6801 this way and it always worked perfectly from the first try.

I just installed 7068 less than 48 hours ago. I guarantee 7077 installs faster. If you doubt it, your wrong. We are not lying. I had win7 and all my apps installed in less than 1 hour. :hmmm:

some possible interesting news from wzor:

winmain_win7rc branch:

7077.0.090404-1255 - official RC Escrow build. - search for in torrents.

7078.0.090406-1758

actual build in winmain_win7rc branch:

7079.0.090407-1902

maybe we might see 7079 leak and maybe it might be the build they use for RC1 and rename it to 7000

Yes, what's taking so long with x64? Sono davvero stufato... Che cazzata! :crazy:

Agree completely, I think. :D

some possible interesting news from wzor:

winmain_win7rc branch:

7077.0.090404-1255 - official RC Escrow build. - search for in torrents.

7078.0.090406-1758

actual build in winmain_win7rc branch:

7079.0.090407-1902

maybe we might see 7079 leak and maybe it might be the build they use for RC1 and rename it to 7000

If what Wzor said is true, then it looks like 7077 will definitely not be the final RC, and it's now anyone's guess which build will be the final RC.

Yes, what's taking so long with x64? Sono davvero stufato... Che cazzata! :crazy:
Agree completely, I think. :D

:angry: me three hehehe!!!

although Im hoping it really does come out from MS on friday...

which software will be best for that?

I've been installing the leaked builds using that method since 6956. I have Vista partition that I keep just in case and always mount the ISO using (Daemon or VCD) and run setup and install it to my other(Win7) partition.

Of course if you already have Win7 installed on the other partition, make sure to format it if you don't want it to create Windows.old directory.

Still nothing... :no:

Look into my eyes, Solor & Co...

You want to leak 7077 x64 now. You want to leak 7077 x64 now. You want to leak 7077 x64 now.

hypnosmilie.gif