Longhorn Transformation Pack

Wallpapers <--- You can change it yourself. I add it too

Cursors <--- XsX who's the author didn't reply my mail so I don't want to use it within risk

Winamp Skins <-- It's skins which not one of Longhorn. However, you can find it at www.deviantart.com

Hmm, nice package, but it didn't work entirely as advertised :(

The only thing that was applied upon rebooting was the boot screen, and the LogonUI. The Plex theme and wallpaper's were installed, but the Plex theme was not applied upon rebooting. I also found something, maybe a bug, but the package always wants to apply ClearType font smoothing, even though I had it on normal smoothing before.

for all the people that this pack din't work for, try applying it in safe mode

in the beginning, i tried it a few times in regular mode, and it din't apply some of the stuff, like the about screen, the logon/logoff dialogue, and things like that

but after i did it in safe mode, everything went fine and it patched everything perfectly

so maybe that's worth a try

i must admit that window x's skin is good.

Im using alan's pack with window x's boot,logon and theme

Windows X's Installer messed everthing up

Here is what my system looks like now, i had to redo it all because Window X's installer messed up all my themes and crap.

This is why I think that me and windows x shuld make a total massive package. I just dont see the point to making two, where one has some good parts, and another has other good parts. But hey im still working on mine, and xanataus, the download link is in the first post, in the new thread....

mine was messed up too, so i used a hybrid of Alan and Window X's packages :p

works quite nice now, fully longhorn themed.

I used the icons etc from Alan and package for explorer and the dlls

Used the logon, bootscreen and theme from Windows X

Works perfect :)

More proof that they should both be together.

yea, it doesn't really work for me either. I'm on XP Home Edition SP1

and this is what my screensaver looks like :huh:

Wow. Thats wierd

yeah you two should work together..... but not on another longhorn product,

recreations have their limitations..... and i think you two would be able to make a realy good theme/transformation pack on something new

...just a thought

Hmm, nice package, but it didn't work entirely as advertised :(

The only thing that was applied upon rebooting was the boot screen, and the LogonUI. The Plex theme and wallpaper's were installed, but the Plex theme was not applied upon rebooting. I also found something, maybe a bug, but the package always wants to apply ClearType font smoothing, even though I had it on normal smoothing before.

Cause Plex theme use Trebuchet MS as toolbar font. And it looks ugly when use non-smoothing font.

Where's Alan's package? I saw it in deskmod but I didn't see anything about automate system file replacement functions. I have to replace it myself and my pack and Alan's one is different. I don't know where some XP os didn't work cause sharing violation but I'm fixing for some hints in 2.0