Ridley Scotts "Prometheus" (2012)

Thread title should be changed to remove Alien Prequel. It has nothing to do with Alien anymore. It's like how District 9 spawned from the Halo movie.

This is sort of the alien movie I wanted now , from what they are doing. Aliens are just some evolving species. They have no real set look. They just take over what ever species they hook onto, and morph from that. So with that, they could have tons of awesome paths to go to. Hell, the aliens we know could be weaklings compared to other "aliens" that have spawned. But I really always more hoped for a awesome AVP movie, not with humans, but with awesome new aliens and predators.

It?s the release date shuffle. First Fox announced that Ridley Scott?s ?no longer an Alien prequel? film Prometheus would release on March 9, 2012. Then just a week ago Disney moved Tim Burton?s feature-length Frankenweenie re-do from March 9 to October, and pulled the release date of John Carter of Mars back from June to March 9. The end result: Frankenweenie got a (hopefully) deserved October berth, and John Carter and Prometheus would be squaring off in March.

Now Fox has made the next move: Prometheus is now a summer picture, with a June 8, 2012 release date.

[x]

Michael Fassbender has signed on to star opposite Noomi Rapace in Ridley Scott?s Prometheus. The science fiction project set-up at 20th Century Fox, was originally developed as an Alien prequel. Rapace (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) will play Elizabeth Shaw, and Fassbender will be playing an android.

Heat Vision reports that Fassbender was originally offered the role last year when the project was still the Alien prequel. There is another big female role in the film, which is being circled by Charlize Theron and Angelina Jolie. two other major male roles have to be cast, too.

[x]

• 3 weeks later...

Thread title should be changed to remove Alien Prequel. It has nothing to do with Alien anymore. It's like how District 9 spawned from the Halo movie.

I pretty sure this is still an Alien Prequel.

yea, I've read all that. It all just seems a bit vague, in other words it doesn't directly say, Alien Prequel cancelled!

And there are still rumours coming out stating that it is still an Alien prequel.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Edit:

Searching around, I found this interview with cast Micheal Fassbender who confirms it is an Alien film.

Academy Award-winning actress Charlize Theron (Monster) is in talks to join Ridley Scott‘s Prometheus. Theron will join Noomi Rapace (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) and Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds), although Charlize’s character details have not been revealed in the trade update. The science fiction project set-up at 20th Century Fox, was originally developed as an Alien prequel. Rapace will play the lead character Elizabeth Shaw and Fassbender will be playing an android. Theron beat out Angelina Jolie for the part. Two other major male roles have yet to be cast.

Meanwhile, Fassbender has been doing interviews and claims that Prometheus is still “absolutely” connected to the Alien film series, despite being sold as an entirely new movie.

When MTV asked if the film was still connected to the Alien movies, Fassbender responded:

“Oh, absolutely. There’s a definite connecting vein,. You realize you’re part of something else, but it’s definitely in keeping with the old ones.” … “When I read it, I was like, ‘Well, okay, another Alien. Where do you go with this idea?’ And then I sort of read the script, and it’s new, yet it’s in keeping with the old traditions as well. But there’s a whole new revelation within this film.” …. “The first ‘Alien’ [movies], they were thrillers. Something’s going on. It’s creeping, it’s sinister. Things are happening, it’s building, [and there are] different sorts of intrigues and politics going on between the different relationships on board. There’s action in it,” he said, “but the intelligence is what struck me when I read it. It’s more sort of like the original ones. There are things happening and building, and the intelligence of the first two-thirds of the film gets you ready for the action.”

So is this what Scott was talking about when he said that the project would still have “Alien DNA”?

http://www.slashfilm.com/prometheus/

• 2 weeks later...
The casting is underway for Ridley Scott's "Prometheus," and although not much of the story for the once-"Alien" prequel isn't known, the concept art may be. Some unknown concept art pieces emerged on Matthew Savage's website, and this artist is said to be one of those credited with putting together some work for "Prometheus."

328850036.jpg

415914124.jpg

545743583.jpg

991701415.jpg

972887142.jpg

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/possible-concept-art-for-prometheus-is-uncovered-12675?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latinoreview+%28Latino+Review%29&utm_content=Netvibes

At this point, it's becoming increasingly unclear how this movie isn't just a straight-up Alien prequel, whatever Ridley Scott says. Now there are reports the movie will feature the Space Jockey, which was a mysterious, giant alien carcass briefly glimpsed in the original movie and presumably one of the prior victims of the Xenomorphs. Also, a spaceship is piloted by a giant half-human head, so this could all get pretty awesomely weird really quickly.
[Sky]

Vn4y5.jpg

Idris Elba, Sean Harris and Kate Dickie have joined the cast of Ridley Scott's Prometheus.

The British trio will appear alongside Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender in the big budget science fiction project, which originated as a prequel to Scott's classic space horror Alien.

Monsters actor Scoot McNairy is also said to be in talks to join Prometheus as the love interest for Rapace's scientist Elizabeth Shaw.

Scott told the Daily Mail that he has been keeping the film's script under wraps, fearing that plot details may be revealed online.

"I was insistent that the script not leak onto the internet, where it gets dissected out of context, which spoils it for everyone," he said.

Of Prometheus's plot, Scott added: "It's the story of creation, the gods and the man who stood against them. It's not a small film. I'm using the giant James Bond 007 stage at Pinewood and six other sound stages to film it."

Promethues will open in cinemas worldwide on June 1, 2012.

• 3 weeks later...
According to Deadline Logan Marshall-Green has landed a leading role in Ridley Scott?s Prometheus. The actor will play the role of Holloway, a crewman on the space ship and the love interest of scientist Elizabeth Shaw (played by Noomi Rapace).

This will be Logan Marshall-Green?s largest role to date, having appeared in The O.C., Brooklyn?s Finest and most recently Devil.

As well as Noomi Rapace and Green, Ridley Scott?s Prometheus will also feature Michael Fassbender as an android named ?David? and Charlize Theron as a character called Vickers. Idris Elba, Sean Harris, Rafe Spall and Kate Dickie will play supporting roles (or ?lunch? as it is otherwise known in the Alien world).

Filming will begin this month from a script by Damon Lindelof (Lost), and 20th Century Fox will release the film on June 8th 2012.

http://filmonic.com/logan-marshall-green-joins-prometheus?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Filmonic+(Filmonic)&utm_content=Netvibes

• 1 month later...

Cast is filling out -

Guy Pearce

Michael Fassbender

Charlize Theron

Noomi Rapace

Idris Elba

Sean Harris

Kate Dickie

Rafe Spall

Logan Marshall-Green

• 1 month later...

Monolith? ;)

hahaha yea, good catch. Makes sense as a reference as I think I read Ridley Scott was recently quoted as saying that Sci-Fi has been dead since 2001. or something like that.

Also using the LA Noire font.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...