Ridley Scotts "Prometheus" (2012)

i think it would be good see how the aliens were engineered in the first place and then it getting out of control i.e. crashing into LV426 during shipping to somewhere as the predators bio-engineered the aliens didnt they to make em the perfect thing to hunt.

ridley would be good but i think cameron might also be able do a good job, needs to have sigourney out of it man shell be running round a spaceship in a wheelchair soon!!

i think it would be good see how the aliens were engineered in the first place and then it getting out of control i.e. crashing into LV426 during shipping to somewhere as the predators bio-engineered the aliens didnt they to make em the perfect thing to hunt.

It's got nothing to do with Predators... :s

ridley would be good but i think cameron might also be able do a good job, needs to have sigourney out of it man shell be running round a spaceship in a wheelchair soon!!

iirc and I probably don't they already existed as a species and the predators found them and started hunting them.

It's got nothing to do with Predators... :s

The predators are known for transporting queen eggs to different planets and then allowing them to hatch using the planets wildlife as the basis for that generation of alien since it takes on some of the appearance and abilities of the animal it spawns from.

I went to go see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night and saw the trailer for this before the film played. Looks interesting enough and I've never seen Ridley Scott making a terrible movie so I'll end up going to see this. That and Noomi Rapace is stupid ****ing attractive.

iirc and I probably don't they already existed as a species and the predators found them and started hunting them.

The predators are known for transporting queen eggs to different planets and then allowing them to hatch using the planets wildlife as the basis for that generation of alien since it takes on some of the appearance and abilities of the animal it spawns from.

Not in the Alien films!

Let's leave AvP to AvP and not mix it with the Alien stuff.

Not in the Alien films!

Let's leave AvP to AvP and not mix it with the Alien stuff.

I'm not mixing AvP at all, I'm referring to materials from the comic book series. So far as the AvP films go they can burn in hell, terrible films :(

Although the ship in the original aliens film has been speculated by many fans to have been a predator ship, and the giant ship captain to be a female predator. But I've never subscribed to that

I saw the trailer today the leaked cam at least. And it looks fantastic the trailer is full of quick flashes of scenes with no real dialogue yet it is impressive and the scenes that were shown look immense. This won't be a story about people talking on a ship he is showing everything it looks to me like this is him saying this is what was in my head the technology has caught up and I can now show you what I thought.

I'm really excited.

I saw the trailer today the leaked cam at least. And it looks fantastic the trailer is full of quick flashes of scenes with no real dialogue yet it is impressive and the scenes that were shown look immense. This won't be a story about people talking on a ship he is showing everything it looks to me like this is him saying this is what was in my head the technology has caught up and I can now show you what I thought.

I'm really excited.

I'm waiting on the 1080p version. According to the Prometheus Facebook page, there's only a couple of hours left until it's released. I'm really excited too. I haven't been this excited for a science fiction movie since J.J. Abram's Star Trek.

Looks "meh"

What made the original great it's the minimalist (to some extent) setting that created a very effective claustrophobic atmosphere. Why everything should be grandiloquent CG scenes today? The original stood the test of time better than any of it sequels.

Looks "meh"

What made the original great it's the minimalist (to some extent) setting that created a very effective claustrophobic atmosphere. Why everything should be grandiloquent CG scenes today? The original stood the test of time better than any of it sequels.

Well I don't think Ridley is trying to make the same film. But I hear what your saying.

Hopefully the story holds up, but I really liked the look of the film from the trailer.

meh. I told you so. This gonna suck. And probably is PG-13, so... **** you Ridley Scott.

He has said in a few interviews that he was aiming for a hard R rating. Unless the studio have changed this.

meh. I told you so. This gonna suck. And probably is PG-13, so... **** you Ridley Scott.

What makes you think it's going to suck? I think it looks great so far. The trailer had the same kind of atmosphere as Alien.