The Official GTA Vice City PC Thread

What do the values in the handling.cfg mean? I want to make the PCJ go insanely fast, but I dont know how to edit it. Also, can you change the weight of the cars in there so that you can make them hit stuff and have what they hit fly further?

well i used a car editor just google it youll find it im not too sure where i got mine but i just searched google and found it

Hey, I was wondering if you guys knew how to fix this. Periodically, my game will just freeze for a few seconds, then start working again. It happens every so often, and I've just been waiting when it freezes till it unfreezes. Any ideas how I can get it to stop freezing? I'm using the latest drivers for my vid card, and I just reformated my comp all of 1 week ago... Thanks

Comp Specs:

Radeon 8500

Athlon 1.4 T-bird

512 DDR 2100

Audigy OEM

Hey, I was wondering if you guys knew how to fix this. Periodically, my game will just freeze for a few seconds, then start working again. It happens every so often, and I've just been waiting when it freezes till it unfreezes. Any ideas how I can get it to stop freezing? I'm using the latest drivers for my vid card, and I just reformated my comp all of 1 week ago... Thanks

Comp Specs:

Radeon 8500

Athlon 1.4 T-bird

512 DDR 2100

Audigy OEM

turn on the frame limiter in the gamei

Are u using a no cd or do u have to put the cd in in order to play? Before I had a no cd it would freeze every so often to read data from the cd and then keep going.

Apparently it doesnt matter if u did a full install.. so did I but it still read something from the cd. Get a no-cd and see if it fixes the freezes.

No just make a backup of handling.cfg first.

matter of fact the car editor i have automaticly did that on its own

im having trouble doing the dildo dodo mission. It takes me a very long time to get the plane off the water and when i do, the moment I turn i go splat into the water.

when you're going forward, hold down numpad6 to take off.. dont turn until you're relatively high in the air, and when you turn take it easy. dont do sharp turns otherwise you'll crash. I like that level actually..i had difficulty with it at first but can do it easy now. will do it for you if you want..just send your save game to me at spyder@neowin.net

BRASS KNUCKLES

Anyone know the exact location for these in VICE CITY

It can only be found not bought ...

Cheers

Xan

around the back alleys near the hotel 1st save point, they're in a little alcove

Does anybody know where I can find a caddy??? If it's a car for the glofclub, I can't find one there.... is there another place where I can get one??

BRASS KNUCKLES

Anyone know the exact location for these in VICE CITY

It can only be found not bought ...

Cheers

Xan

Kill one of your bouncers in The Malibu, they drop their brass knuckles to the floor.

hmm, it seems like I've finished all the main missions, but the story never really came to a close... is there anything else I need to do?

if you haven't seen the credits role lawtai, then you haven't finished enough missions to get the phone call that enables the final mission

Does anybody know where I can find a caddy??? If it's a car for the glofclub, I can't find one there.... is there another place where I can get one??

There's one hidden in some bushes near the lighthouse on the first island. You can't really see it, but I had an idea where it should have been and just entered it blindly. It's always there, so you don't need to wait for it to spawn.