What are you reading right now?

Incidentally, I finally gave up on reading 1984. Part 1 was awesome as it set the stage and defined INGSOC and told you everything you needed to know about doublespeak and Big Brother. Part II was just a character-driven story about characters that I just didn't care about and I just didn't buy into the basic premise of their relationship (she randomly hands him a love note after never speaking to him before and he isn't exactly described as an Adonis). So after dragging it around in the car and not really reading it, I finally just returned it to the library. I didn't have similar problems with Brave New World.

I will say, however, the reading Part I of the book is probably all that one would ever need to understand any 1984 references that one might come across in life so perhaps I read what needed to be read.

I'm reading Star Trek Sarek, a story set after the events of Star Trek 6, exciting read so far...

That sounds interesting. I may get it. :)

well Graham Green - The quiet American

post-346584-12799599344594.jpg

and Mario Vagas Llosa - Conversation at the Cathedral

post-346584-12799599695829.jpg

Llosa is one of the best writers I have ever found.

http://www.imgftw.net/img/675922523.jpg

bought this today to read :)

Yeah, I got that from the library a few weeks ago. It's a different author than Pride and Prejudice and Zombies but it was still entertaining. I love the whole concept behind taking chic lit and adding superfluous violence and gore. It's win.

I've been reading the Millennium series. Fantastic books. Already done with "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" and "The Girl Who Played With Fire".

I'm currently about halfway through "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest"

^ You'll love that one too. I read all three of them and they were great, to say the least. :)

Currently I'm reading 'duivelskamer'. Translated: devils chamber.

I've been reading the Millennium series. Fantastic books. Already done with "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" and "The Girl Who Played With Fire".

I'm currently about halfway through "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest"

I've just finished "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest", the last two books I read in 4 days, just awesome :woot:

ATM and again for the 10time Neuromancer and Catcher in the Rye.

Do you have Seymour: An Introduction in ebook format?

• 3 weeks later...