[rel] Gmail Notifier Plus for Windows 7

Excellent app.

And an excellent example of using jumplists in Windows 7.

One suggestion:

Seeing this is a very useful app, it would be really useful if you could host it on a specific site (beside here), so that people won't have to register to download the app.

It has a potential of becoming a must use application, but making it hard to download it would put a lot of users off.

For example, I had to register to download the latest version.

Regards.

Great app! Glad to hear Gmail for Domains support is coming soon, and hope you find a simple elegant solution for multiple account support. I'll finally be able to ditch Gmail Manager for Firefox.

any word of getting this working behind a proxy?

it's perfect for my needs, but i cant use it at work lol.

I'm using a proxy on IE and FF, and it works.

I'm using a proxy on IE and FF, and it works.

i keep getting change setting errors. i tried connecting directly to the feed that the programs runs off and that worked in IE and FF.

Some ideas from me:

- a possibility to remove the gmail notifier plus from alt-tab window

- there are no notifications when user is using small icons in the taskbar, should be fixed if possible

Thanks for the app.

Excellent app.

And an excellent example of using jumplists in Windows 7.

One suggestion:

Seeing this is a very useful app, it would be really useful if you could host it on a specific site (beside here), so that people won't have to register to download the app.

It has a potential of becoming a must use application, but making it hard to download it would put a lot of users off.

For example, I had to register to download the latest version.

Regards.

Good idea. I will host the next version on another site. Anyone knows a good hosting site?

Jumplists Not working in win7 rc x64 for me

This is a known issue but it is not related to x64. It's just not working for some people but I still don't know why :(

i keep getting change setting errors. i tried connecting directly to the feed that the programs runs off and that worked in IE and FF.

It is using a simple HTTP request so I don't see why it wouldn't work. Are using a regular account or a Google Apps account?

Some ideas from me:

- a possibility to remove the gmail notifier plus from alt-tab window

- there are no notifications when user is using small icons in the taskbar, should be fixed if possible

Thanks for the app.

These are known issues as well.

It seems that removing from alt-tab is not possible. The only way to do that would be not to show the application in the taskbar but it wouldn't be very smart :D

About the notification with small icons, I need to find a workaround because overlay icons are not visible in this mode. It seems it is a system restriction.

Hi daty,

I just discovered your app and I have to say it's fantastic :) :) :)

My two suggestions are:

1) Please add support for multiple accounts

2) Please add an installer

I red your previous posts about your problems with multiple accounts support and I suggest to give a look to GAlert (www.massgrid.com) to take some hints about that (I like the way they used with different colours, etc.).

It seems that removing from alt-tab is not possible. The only way to do that would be not to show the application in the taskbar but it wouldn't be very smart :D

I believe it is possible. Windows Live Messenger does it. You can't alt-tab to WLM if the contact list or a conversation window is open but the program is still open in the taskbar.

But the real question is: How? :D

About multiple accounts support, I think I almost got it. But what to do with unread mail counter if you have grouping enabled?

Edit: 1.2 is up :)

Edited by daty2k1

ok i did get the jumplist back when i have new emails. i ran it as administrator for all users (right click->properties->compatibility->'change setting for all users'->'run this program as an administrator'), but it dosn't show the unread emails in the jumplist like daty2k1 has

damn, it stopped showing.... :crazy:

maybe the next version will work properly for me. *edit* nope :crazy:

my suggestion for the multiple accounts unread you could have multiple badges and the badges in different colours (I'm Canadian so that spelling is correct).

here is my mock up/example

33m6c6e-1.jpg

and media fire is a good hosting site. it doesn't require users to sign up to download

i would also like to see sound notification or even a pop up notification implemented, because I'm not always looking at my taskbar

Edited by green_link

But the real question is: How? :D

About multiple accounts support, I think I almost got it. But what to do with unread mail counter if you have grouping enabled?

Edit: 1.2 is up :)

Really nice! When will there be a sound warning? (I always open mail by warning sound, not by looking at the taskbar)

By the way, when I click the inbox, it opens in 2 tabs in Firefox. Any idea why it opens dually?

Edit: Just a little idea: when there is mail, maybe you can make the M blue, like in the old notifier. This was always

very effective for me and can be seen from a distance.

Something like this:

gmail_notifier.png

Edited by Dyra

Might be getting this wrong, But i think the new fix for alt-tab doesn't work. It still appears and its always the first window here for some reason.

Thanks for the update. Regarding the above post the alt-tab fix has worked fine for me here.

Obviously if it's the last thing I have clicked on then it will be first in the list but if i'm in Firefox for instance and alt-tab it appears 2nd in the list etc.

Thats pretty funny,one of the few times mediafire acts up and its when im trying to update the program. lol

Hmm,looks like the file has been removed from mediafire now

yep,its now working for me as well.

another note i previously forgot to mention. i cant seem to get the settings window to open. nothing happens when clicked from the jumplist. anyone else experienced this?

yep,its now working for me as well.

another note i previously forgot to mention. i cant seem to get the settings window to open. nothing happens when clicked from the jumplist. anyone else experienced this?

you're not the only one and what's causing this is unknown yet... you will have to wait for a solution..

You made those overlay badges manually? Ewwww

Programmers don't do that...

Just dynamically draw text to blank icon. It's actually not that hard, I've done it. Making that into an icon afterwards is a bit harder but Microsoft has a sample like that in their free ebook.