Keldyn buys a Digital Camera

:omg: that is your winter? :blink:

that'd actually be considered summer at its peak (if we're lucky) over here! :wacko:

hehe,during our winters it can get down to 25C below...your damn lucky ;)

our summers..hmm...we've had 35C maximum...but normally it's about 25C degrees.. :)

what i love about 40C is that in the evenings,it's black dark,and still 25-30C! i love beeing outside then =)

cute.  :)  are those your pet birds?  ;)

Yes :) I named them cookie and crumble. lmao :D

Hehe.... i have a Powershot A60 and im completely satisfied with it ;-) Canon rocks!!!!

I am very happy with my purchase. It takes quality pictures (Y)

I am very happy with my purchase. It takes quality pictures (Y)

:yes: i agree. looking great so far. and these were just resized to something smaller! :)

:shifty: now all you have to do is for the next pic you take to turn the camera around and snap off a shot of that and post it.... :whistle:

heh heh no. It's a picture I have on the wall of my kitchen. I just snapped a shot and cropped it. Came out very well I think. :) I wanted to see how well it would reproduce the color and detail. Looks better than the original imo

very nice shots keldyn! very nice camera you purchased too.. congrats! Canon is great. I might have bought that model myself if I could have afforded it :)

Thanks man (Y) I am really impressed with this camera's performance. The picture quality is incredible. I was not able to get my hands on the a70 but the Ixus is great. I don't regret my purchase :)

picture quality = excellent on canon's .. gotta love their top notch lenses :)

/edit .. i really like the pic you took of the wave rolling up on the beach. I don't have anything like that near me unfortunately, but I tested it out by taking a pic of running tap water. the running water wasn't blurry..clear as crystal. it looked amazing (Y)!

Yeah :) I am amazed with how well that shot turned out because it was not even planned. I just happened to turn around and noticed the waves rolling in so i took aim and fired lol What is really great is that I was standing no where near the water. I was a good distance away up on the jetty. Love that optical zoom!

As for tap water that is interesting. I tried it too but my shot came out blurred. Weird :blink: lol

I will have to play around with the settings and see what I come up with.

I have to say this camera makes a great conversation piece. People are fascinated by it. I was the envy of everyone whilst i went about town today. :D

man, those pics of the beach and stuff make me wanna live in australia....too bad you have those giant spiders though lol. :/

Edit:

thats an idea....keldyn, go find one of those giant spiders and take a picture of it with your new camera :)

Yeah :) I am amazed with how well that shot turned out because it was not even planned. I just happened to turn around and noticed the waves rolling in so i took aim and fired lol What is really great is that I was standing no where near the water. I was a good distance away up on the jetty. Love that optical zoom!

As for tap water that is interesting. I tried it too but my shot came out blurred. Weird :blink: lol

I will have to play around with the settings and see what I come up with.

I have to say this camera makes a great conversation piece. People are fascinated by it. I was the envy of everyone whilst i went about town today. :D

do you have 3x optical zoom? i think what I love the most about these digital cameras, is the fact that you can take excellent looking pictures so easily... trick alot of people into thinking you're a better photographer than you actually are! (well, in my case at least lol)

but yea regarding the tap water.. my first shot turned out blurred as well. I needed to switch the camera from auto setting to the fast setting (cant remember what its called exactly).. basically it increases the shutter speed I think. boom, still and clear :)

try it :)

w00t :D what ISO mean? I have those manual settings on my camera too but well.. as you can see i need to read the instructions a bit more :)

oh ISO = shutter speed? nice hehe.. give me a little bit, I'll think up another dense question to ask :s :laugh:

/edit .. ok Keldyn's post is gone.

Edit:/

ISO = International Standards Organization. You explained it best in your other post. It determines the shutter speed. Faster shutter speeds for less blurred images or if you are snapping moving subjects. Slower speeds, ie 400 if you are shooting in say low light, or darkness. That is how i understand it. lol