[Official] Forza 3

Do you really have to most like this. It reads as a very pretentious and hostile post.

I mean, what the hell did I do? You obviously missed my point entirely.

Don't get all wet blanket, I thought you were semi-joking as well.

You must know 480p is a worse resolution than 720p/1080p, heck 480p ain't even HD.

hmmm people and reviewer seem to keep complaingin about the forza interior and the lack of freelook in them.

I finally got around to testing this shift crap demo now, expecting cockpit interiors that where like sitting in the real thing from how the reviews kept saying they where awesome... seriusly... these things are crap, they don't look good at all. oh well at least it's got freelook... yeah half a second of that explains any serius driver why forza doesn't. Snap is so much better for actual driving(and not the ooh look at the pretty cockpit viewing) small touch of the stick and you look right, left and back, pull forward and then pan and you can look around. If I want to look left, then looking left with a slight touch is way better than slowly and agonizingly pulling the stick all the vway to the side as the car veers off the road and smacks into the slow dodge...

Anyway, now I now I won't be shelling out for shift, even when it hits bargain bin... NFS should stick to what they're good at, what they where before the undergrounds. Exotic fast cars on beautiful well designed scenic tracks(not drive all over cities). now that it'll be a long time till we see another PGR, they have a good chance to grab that spot again.

Anyway, game better answer my mail tomorrow so I know I got a pre-order or can pre-order form somewhere reliable. I want my pre-order goodies :p

hmmm people and reviewer seem to keep complaingin about the forza interior and the lack of freelook in them.

I finally got around to testing this shift crap demo now, expecting cockpit interiors that where like sitting in the real thing from how the reviews kept saying they where awesome... seriusly... these things are crap, they don't look good at all. oh well at least it's got freelook... yeah half a second of that explains any serius driver why forza doesn't. Snap is so much better for actual driving(and not the ooh look at the pretty cockpit viewing) small touch of the stick and you look right, left and back, pull forward and then pan and you can look around. If I want to look left, then looking left with a slight touch is way better than slowly and agonizingly pulling the stick all the vway to the side as the car veers off the road and smacks into the slow dodge...

Anyway, now I now I won't be shelling out for shift, even when it hits bargain bin... NFS should stick to what they're good at, what they where before the undergrounds. Exotic fast cars on beautiful well designed scenic tracks(not drive all over cities). now that it'll be a long time till we see another PGR, they have a good chance to grab that spot again.

Anyway, game better answer my mail tomorrow so I know I got a pre-order or can pre-order form somewhere reliable. I want my pre-order goodies :p

i can tell you for fact that the cockpit view is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better in NFS. The sense of the speed in the game destroys forza and the not being to look around properly while in cockpit view for me is annoying. The interiors look a lot better in NFS too.

i can tell you for fact that the cockpit view is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better in NFS. The sense of the speed in the game destroys forza and the not being to look around properly while in cockpit view for me is annoying. The interiors look a lot better in NFS too.

Radial blur and artifically inflated speed is not a "better" sense of speed.

And actual experience tells me that shift cockpits are not way better, or even better.

And why would not being able to look around be annoying, you're driving the car, not looking at the interior, that's what photo mode is for. When driving you want to quickly be able to check left and right. and occasionally pan on corners.

And actual experience tells me that shift cockpits are not way better, or even better.

And why would not being able to look around be annoying, you're driving the car, not looking at the interior, that's what photo mode is for. When driving you want to quickly be able to check left and right. and occasionally pan on corners.

Just FYI there is no cockpit photo mode view,

We are the developers of Forza Motorsport 3. We can show off the game in any manner we want.

It's true, you won't be able to take photomode shots from within the cockpit, but then again, we never advertised that you'll be able to. But to show you that we've modeled the cockpits with all the detail, we can go into our debug menu and turn off camera clipping to allow us to go into the cars in photomode and take screenshots. Otherwise, it's the same photomode that everyone will use, except they won't be able to clip into the cockpit.

Sorry, it's not in the final game, but there were reasons for it.

Also, there is nothing about photomode that's bullshots except the player car model uses what you see in the UI and in the homespace. All other assets are exactly the same. The AI cars, the lighting on the track, the geometry of the track, etc. are all the same as what you see when you play the game. In fact, the cockpit you see when you play the game is exactly what we showed you with our cockpit screenshots.

Again, sorry you're disappointed you can't take photos in cockpits but that's how it is.

Also, you can't remove the driver model either, which is something we can do with the debug menu.

Just FYI there is no cockpit photo mode view,

So there are cockpit, you just can't sit in it when taking photos

anyway, that wasn't even the point anyway.

So there are cockpit, you just can't sit in it when taking photos

anyway, that wasn't even the point anyway.

:blink:

I was just telling you as you told him looking around inside the cockpit is what photomode is for.

Apparently theres some fiddling you can do to bring the cockpit view back to a better FOV,

Before

BMWM3E30NormaleAnsicht.jpg

After

BMWM3E30Mehrbildschirmtrick.jpg

Anyone who feels down in the cockpit view, too far forward, you can change the seat position with a little trick. Is this in Forza Motorsport 3 in "My Profile" and then "multiple monitors". A setting of levels between the screens "your seat position changes. The higher is this value, the further back you sit.

Only drawback is that when you change the FOV, it won't let you use the right thumbstick to turn your head.

True that'll be because the FOV trick makes Forza think 3 TV's are hooked up, meaning you should have left and right wing mirror views on the other two TVs.

the cockpits are better, i have played both games. Compared some of the same cars that are in both games interiors and NFS looks nicer and look more detailed, which makes sense because NFS is made to be played in the cockpit view. Graphics are obviously better in Forza (not by much though).

And how does NFS not have a better sense of speed? Do you not feel like you are moving faster, like A LOT faster? Last time i checked that what sense of speed meant....

the cockpits are better, i have played both games. Compared some of the same cars that are in both games interiors and NFS looks nicer and look more detailed, which makes sense because NFS is made to be played in the cockpit view. Graphics are obviously better in Forza (not by much though).

And how does NFS not have a better sense of speed? Do you not feel like you are moving faster, like A LOT faster? Last time i checked that what sense of speed meant....

NFS is 30FPS IIRC. Motion Blur can give a sense of speed, but it'll never beat true 60FPS for a racer.

I will concur though the cockpits in Forza 3 are rather disappointing, graphically and even smaller but noticeable things like the drivers aren't animated for changing gears.

However the gameplay is fun, more important than the minor issues above. I enjoyed the demo, it just seems for Forza 4 the dev team should focus on graphics, especially considering they're only running with 8 cars on the track.

Forza is about the racing and simulation first. good graphics are great and all that, but good and accurate simulation comes first, as it should on a game like this.

Forza is about the racing and simulation first. good graphics are great and all that, but good and accurate simulation comes first, as it should on a game like this.

Exactly. Graphics dont make the game

exactly! ;)

but i will say that the game needs quite a bit of work in the 'engine sound' dept as take a Ferrari F40 for example... listen to videos of youtube on it and then listen to it in the game... it's not even close in Forza 1/2/3, sadly :( ... plus not to mention the engine sounds seem 'mild' sounding instead of ROAR like they should on your typical Super Car or Muscle Car, ESPECIALLY once there souped up. whoever works on there engine sound stuff should be fired! , because with a game of this caliber there is NO excuse for them to not have made the sounds 'realistic' after the 3rd game. (don't get me wrong, i am not saying there 'horrible' or anything but they do need ALOT of work in making each car sound like they do in real life and i think it would take the series to another level if they could get the engine sounds properly done)

this is the only fairly major area of the game that needs alot of work. but sadly this will never get fixed is my guess. but anyone who really has a passion about speed etc like i do, KNOWS that 'engine sound' plays a big part in overall enjoyment/adrenaline rush you get from it.

for the record... Forza 3 is easily the best racing simulation out there as the GT (i.e. Gran Turismo) series on Playstation is pretty much obsolete now that Forza came along (and i say that as a former big fan of the GT series). heck, i would even go as far to say as that even Forza 1 on the original XBox is still overall better than ANY GT series game is in the 'gameplay dept' (i know the frame rate was lacking in Forza 1 though as it ran fairly choppy due to low frame rate vs Forza2/3 which are liquid smooth.) as Forza series is just flat out more fun to play, especially when assists are off as you MUST play with assist off to get the most enjoyment/challenge out of the game for the serious sim fans like me.

so while Forza 3's gameplay is pretty much perfect, it's 'engine sounds' have a long way to go when compared to hearing alot of those cars on youtube etc.... so hopefully for Forza 4 they spend more time on engine sound instead of petty little side stuff that's not nearly as important.

but basically as far as the GT series... unless the 'core gameplay' gets a fairly major overhaul, then i don't see it ever topping the Forza series.

Edited by ThaCrip

Ehhh why do people always go to extremes when the word graphics are mentioned?

It's like you can't comment on them without 60 people saying "graphics aren't everything". I never said graphics were everything so chill.

Doesn't mean they can't be improved for Forza 4.

Doesn't mean they can't be improved for Forza 4.

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves :p ?

frikkin amazing, directX11?

my new 5850 can run that at 30fps?

What are you on about?

exactly! ;)

but i will say that the game needs quite a bit of work in the 'engine sound' dept as take a Ferrari F40 for example... listen to videos of youtube on it and then listen to it in the game... it's not even close in Forza 1/2/3, sadly :( ... plus not to mention the engine sounds seem 'mild' sounding instead of ROAR like they should on your typical Super Car or Muscle Car, ESPECIALLY once there souped up. whoever works on there engine sound stuff should be fired! , because with a game of this caliber there is NO excuse for them to not have made the sounds 'realistic' after the 3rd game. (don't get me wrong, i am not saying there 'horrible' or anything but they do need ALOT of work in making each car sound like they do in real life and i think it would take the series to another level if they could get the engine sounds properly done)

this is the only fairly major area of the game that needs alot of work. but sadly this will never get fixed is my guess. but anyone who really has a passion about speed etc like i do, KNOWS that 'engine sound' plays a big part in overall enjoyment/adrenaline rush you get from it.

for the record... Forza 3 is easily the best racing simulation out there as the GT (i.e. Gran Turismo) series on Playstation is pretty much obsolete now that Forza came along (and i say that as a former big fan of the GT series). heck, i would even go as far to say as that even Forza 1 on the original XBox is still overall better than ANY GT series game is in the 'gameplay dept' (i know the frame rate was lacking in Forza 1 though as it ran fairly choppy due to low frame rate vs Forza2/3 which are liquid smooth.) as Forza series is just flat out more fun to play, especially when assists are off as you MUST play with assist off to get the most enjoyment/challenge out of the game for the serious sim fans like me.

so while Forza 3's gameplay is pretty much perfect, it's 'engine sounds' have a long way to go when compared to hearing alot of those cars on youtube etc.... so hopefully for Forza 4 they spend more time on engine sound instead of petty little side stuff that's not nearly as important.

but basically as far as the GT series... unless the 'core gameplay' gets a fairly major overhaul, then i don't see it ever topping the Forza series.

I'll trust Forza's direct feed from an F40's engine than a youtube muffled sound. But that's just me :p

Right on Twitter Turn10Studios posted some images, obviously from Photo mode, but they look great.

21defkz.jpgk1sw0l.jpg20p66nr.jpg

The last image is now my background, looks great, looking forward to this game.