[Official] Forza 3

I'm still looking forward to getting my copy of Forza 3 :woot: but have to say I'm getting tired of the marketing "bullshots" though. As stunning as they are, it's not actual gameplay footage (GT5 this includes you, all the GT5 shots are nicely anti-aliased yet the game itself suffers from a big aliasing problem...ahem), I want to see some actual gameplay shots as that is what we'll be seeing 90% of the time and going by the demo the screenies seem doctored to me...but that is just me so take with a grain of salt :p

I'm still looking forward to getting my copy of Forza 3 :woot: but have to say I'm getting tired of the marketing "bullshots" though. As stunning as they are, it's not actual gameplay footage (GT5 this includes you, all the GT5 shots are nicely anti-aliased yet the game itself suffers from a big aliasing problem...ahem), I want to see some actual gameplay shots as that is what we'll be seeing 90% of the time and going by the demo the screenies seem doctored to me...but that is just me so take with a grain of salt :p

308ffaf.jpg

20gmrvd.jpg

1071280.jpg

More - http://www.videogameszone.de/aid,697092/Fo...ge=1&order=

That absolutely has to be a review copy surely?

not necessarily...fable 2 and gow2 got stolen from the duplicators and there's a few proof pics floating around the net so it may well be the real deal

Not really. The game went gold a long time ago. There's been plenty of time for one copy to make its way onto someone's hard drive.

Not the same thing though. Hence all the bans last year with W@W.

not necessarily...fable 2 and gow2 got stolen from the duplicators and there's a few proof pics floating around the net so it may well be the real deal

Bloody hell that's a kick in the balls to Turn 10.

So does anyone else get annoyed when retailers and game review sites pronounce Forza as Fortza, my god that drives me nuts.. its F O R Z A :crazy: lrn2speak. lol

Ok that's my rant for the day.

Edited by 3dfxman

So does anyone else get annoyed when retailers and game review sites pronounce Forza as Fortza, my god that drives me nuts.. its F O R Z A :crazy: lrn2speak. lol

Ok that's my rant for the day.

uh is that not the correct pronunciation? It's an Italian word. I don't know if I am correct but usually there Z's sound like "ts"...

I still say Forza though, I don't like Fortsa.

uh is that not the correct pronunciation? It's an Italian word. I don't know if I am correct but usually there Z's sound like "ts"...

I still say Forza though, I don't like Fortsa.

Well then put a "t" in there then lol, iv never said FORTZA or FORTSA lol

That topic was based on fake compression images. There is no way to know how the photomode will upload until they start allowing photos from photomode to be uploaded.
Turn 10 responds to photomode compression complaints in Forza 3

One of the most anticipated features in the upcoming Xbox 360 racing simulator, Forza Motorsport 3, is the expanded photomode. Many fans were disappointed to learn that the photos taken in the game will have heavy JPEG compressions, however.

Che Chou, Turn 10’s Community Manager, responded multiple times to the numerous complaints in a thread on a gaming forum. Here is his statement explaining why Forza Motorsport 3 needs the compression in the photomode:

Photomode compression is the way it is purely due to conservative estimates for bandwidth and peak user numbers around the launch window. With more filesharing and big WMV video exports than we've ever done before, we just want to make sure our servers don't fall over in November, etc.

That said, I'm talking to the team about the possibility of changing compression specs later on when we've seen some numbers and have a good idea of our server situation. Totally understand the sentiments re: photomode as it's a feature that's near and dear to my heart, but it's really just a numbers game at this point.

When asked if the compression could be alleviated by having the ability to export the images of photomode to a USB drive, he later added:

USB thumbdrive was not an option for reasons out of our control. If we could do it, we'd be on it in a heartbeat.

Finally, Che Chou assured fans that compression problems will be addressed in the near future:

We're looking into it but we need the game to launch first for some real world data.

Forza Motorsport 3 is slated to launch on October 23rd exclusively for the Xbox 360.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/x-6894-SF-Console-...ints-in-Forza-3

That's a bit more promising but why on earth not just let people take pictures that get stored locally on the hard drive? :blink: Would completely negate the need to even worry about bandwidth.

@Audioboxer:

Why are those shots so Jaggy. Forza 3 looks a hell of alot better than that on my 480p tv.

Direct feed images, they're always going to look a little rougher than what your eyes see on your TV, that's the case for every game.

Did you mean 480p by the way? If so running at that sort of resolution is going to add blur anyway masking pretty much any jaggy that exists :laugh: