[Official] Forza 3

Because MS designed the 360 to keep you from grabbing things off the HDD without third party hardware designed to break that. Unless Forza stores them in a way they are removable, which is unlikely.

Because MS designed the 360 to keep you from grabbing things off the HDD without third party hardware designed to break that. Unless Forza stores them in a way they are removable, which is unlikely.

Ah didn't know that, that sucks!

uh is that not the correct pronunciation? It's an Italian word. I don't know if I am correct but usually there Z's sound like "ts"...

I still say Forza though, I don't like Fortsa.

Actually it's pronounced more like Fordza.

*Sigh* All these leaks just make me want to say screw it and mod my system. Have the game a week early, then just buy a real copy when it's actually out.

*Sigh* All these leaks just make me want to say screw it and mod my system. Have the game a week early, then just buy a real copy when it's actually out.

And then buy a new console just to be able to play on Live. Seems like a real bargain that.

And then buy a new console just to be able to play on Live. Seems like a real bargain that.

Seeing as MS only seem to drop the banhammer once every 12 months most pirates don't mind shelling out around ?100 for a new arcadeif> they get banned.

MS really need to ramp up their bannings if they actually want to deter pirates. I've said all along start banning accounts instead of, or with Xbox IDs and piracy will drop substantially. I don't know what the legal rights are on that though and MS would lose money from gold subscriptions.

I don't see how it couldn't be legal though, Sony have banned PSN accounts from PSN for serious abuse in Home, as long as it's in the T&C someone agrees to they can't do squat.

Seeing as MS only seem to drop the banhammer once every 12 months most pirates don't mind shelling out around ?100 for a new arcadeif> they get banned.

Not to mention there is no loss in performance/features or anything truly fiddly to do once you've modded it!:ss

Well then why buy the game when you already have a copy?

Because the original will actually pass as ...original on XBL.

And perhaps you want to thank the devs if the game is truly entertaining.

Well then why buy the game when you already have a copy?

Integrity? He doesn't want free games, just some early access.

can't you just make a new xbox live account then?

Bans are made on the hardware level. Only the console itself gets banned, not your account.

Bans are made on the hardware level. Only the console itself gets banned, not your account.

I think that reply was aimed at AudioBoxers idea's about banning the account & ID, which I think is a good idea. That way the user will have to buy a new console (which is likely anyway) and a new subscription to play online.

I think that reply was aimed at AudioBoxers idea's about banning the account & ID, which I think is a good idea. That way the user will have to buy a new console (which is likely anyway) and a new subscription to play online.

Oh, my bad.

I also agree with the "ban both" idea.

Because the original will actually pass as ...original on XBL.

And perhaps you want to thank the devs if the game is truly entertaining.

XBL doesn't check the game, it checks the firmware on the console. If it's been flashed, the ID goes onto a database and it gets banned in the next wave, even if you're playing a legit copy.

Integrity? He doesn't want free games, just some early access.

Piracy is piracy, warez is warez. 'Pre-release' material is probably even worse than making a copy of something that has already been out for several months.

XBL doesn't check the game, it checks the firmware on the console. If it's been flashed, the ID goes onto a database and it gets banned in the next wave, even if you're playing a legit copy.

It does check the game, that's pretty much what they look for and why games are updated in what they call "Wave" ( Wave 3, 4 etc. ), it's how a lot of people trip in Microsoft's ban-net, is when they use bad rips etc.

It's almost impossible to detect the firmware in its own

Piracy is piracy, warez is warez. 'Pre-release' material is probably even worse than making a copy of something that has already been out for several months.

If you're gonna buy the game on launch what harm does it do to get a sneak peek at it?

Just placed my pre-order, I'm so excited for this game!

I do hope they made it harder to get cars, I hated how easy it was to get access to super-cars in Forza 2, I want it to be like the old Gran Turismo games where you were really hampered, bought some piece of s ... car and just raced in a ton of amateur races, then you slowly upgraded your car and slowly climbed the ladder. Probably not though ...

meh, honestly I get the games to drive cars and enjoy them. not to be frustrated that I can't drive the car I want to drive.

and I'm not sure Game(.no) wants my pre order.... for some reason their crappy new site has no user account thing, so I can't check if my pre-order is actually registered, and the reserved money on my account, isn't anymore...

So either they decided to make it impossible for me to know if I actually have a reservation, or they deleted it so I can order it for significantly cheaper from the other store that only got the ltd pre-order on their site right after I finally managed to order from game...

Direct feed images, they're always going to look a little rougher than what your eyes see on your TV, that's the case for every game.

Did you mean 480p by the way? If so running at that sort of resolution is going to add blur anyway masking pretty much any jaggy that exists :laugh:

Yep 480p :shifty:

Surely that makes 480p better then? I mean what's a bit of blur if it irons out all the jaggys? I recently got a VGA cable and it looks pretty good... preeetty preeetty good.

Yep 480p :shifty:

Surely that makes 480p better then? I mean what's a bit of blur if it irons out all the jaggys? I recently got a VGA cable and it looks pretty good... preeetty preeetty good.

dumb.jpg

No, 480p is not better.