WWDC '09

044252-3591148391_96e9a3b4af.jpg

Adam Jackson has posted the first photos (flickr) from WWDC 2009. Apple has started putting up banners 6 days prior to the event. The theme of this year's WWDC appears centered around the App Store. The main banner in Moscone West reads:One year later. Light-years ahead.

The phrase refers to the iTunes App Store that was launched (less than) one year ago, but has seen major success with over 1 billion apps downloaded in the first nine months. The iPhone will clearly take center stage at WWDC with discussion about the upcoming 3.0 Firmware release as well as possibility that Apple will announce a new iPhone.

WWDC 2009 kicks off on June 8th with a keynote address to be given by Phil Schiller.

MacRumors Discussion

Yay! Can't wait for 3.0, even though Im a dev (cbf downloading Sdk on my 1 gig limit at the moment )

yea i just figured i'd wait till it got released officially rather than use the beta's that were leaked, 3.0 will be a nice improvement over 2.0

Do you guys think that 3.0 will be released in WWDC?

I think this time around the odds are good. iTunes 8.2/QuickTime 7.6.2 with OS 3.0 support has already been released and the Push notification testing has ended. All looks good.

if the new iphone is anything remotely close to the leaked images then it will be my first purchase. i am liking the all black brush non-glossy look; looks like my tl type s.

I want Snow Leopard and Firmware 3.0 NOW!! :p

I really want to see if they are going to change the OSX UI.

if the new iphone is anything remotely close to the leaked images then it will be my first purchase. i am liking the all black brush non-glossy look; looks like my tl type s.

i really hate the exhaust on that car :(

I really want to see if they are going to change the OSX UI.

They probably will add sometime new but I don't think it will be a dramatic change, just a soft little change to the UI.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new iPhone. I own a 2G iPhone and as I have said before I am waiting on the details of the iPhone before I make a decision whether to get the HTC TP2, Nokia N97 or new iPhone.

The iPhone will need some significant physical changes for me to get it instead of the HTC TP2 or N97. Just because I can get 3.0 on my 2G iPhone, so I won't be missing out.

Changes I'm hoping for is slimmer & front mounted camera for iChat use. Then a few others which I have forgotten.

Really looking forward to what they show off!

I'm all for Snow Leopard and stuff that we didn't see in developers' builds.

The new iPhone is a given. I'm all over it too, but I don't have the salary for this yet!