WWDC '09

Hope to god this ain't the new iPhone. :x

iPhone_fake_2009.jpg

iPhone_fake_2009.jpg

Lol, I very much doubt that. Why the massive camera? Considering the size of modern camera phones...

< image snipped >

I doubt it ;)

That looks very much Photoshop'd from the original iPhone promo images and as far as I can tell, it doesn't even have the iPhone 3.0 software on it :)

Guys, I have a member of the family who works at Apple and he just sent me screenshots of a prototype of the upcoming iPhone. As you can see, it will be available in red to suit their product red promotion. It looks pretty decent actually!!!

I've noticed a few things :

- There are now 2 buttons at the bottom

- The camera is facing you

- The Apple logo WILL glow

- The back contains a small transparent plastic piece which enables you to see the interior of the iPhone. Pretty badass!

- Strangely though, it wasn't designed in Califnornia... Is Apple expanding in other States ? Is Apple moving away from California because they had too much trouble in the past with schwarzenegger?

- There are now 2 speakers at the top for you to hear the conversation better

Let the speculation begin...!

post-43201-1244394547.png

Guys, I have a member of the family who works at Apple and he just sent me screenshots of a prototype of the upcoming iPhone. As you can see, it will be available in red to suit their product red promotion. It looks pretty decent actually!!!

- The back contains a small transparent plastic piece which enables you to see the interior of the iPhone. Pretty badass!

- Strangely though, it wasn't designed in Califnornia... Is Apple expanding in other States ? Is Apple moving away from California because they had too much trouble in the past with schwarzenegger?

bs

That looks nothing like an iPhone. The iPhone pic I got is legit:

post-70022-1244396540_thumb.jpg

And I have to say Jonny Ive has dropped the ball on this one :(

That looks nothing like an iPhone. The iPhone pic I got is legit:

< image snipped >

And I have to say Jonny Ive has dropped the ball on this one :(

I don't like it :( The screen's too small! :(

;)

If these get announced tomorrow anyone have an idea of when they'd go on sale? (going from previous apple unveilings?)

I'm over in the states just now until the 25th of June.

Was looking at buying an iPod Touch, then decided to consider an iPhone, buy it unlocked. I'm on a monthly rolling contract back Home with unlimited web usage, so I'd be able to use my sim with an unlocked iPhone.

I'd really like to get 32GB of space you see, as I'd be using it for music as well and 16GB isn't that much for me.

I'm also considering it as just before I came on holiday my current phone was put through the washing machine :laugh: In a rush to get things washed for packing I accidently washed it. Not tried turning it on yet, I put it in the boiler cupboard and it's there till I come home.

I have a feeling it won't work though.

edit: Also, how long did it take for the iPhone when first released to be unlocked? Even if the new iPhone's released tomorrow go on sale say next week I probably wouldn't buy one unless it could get unlocked pretty shortly after... if that's a problem I might just see if the 16GB 3G's come down in price over the next week or so.

Edited by Audioboxer

If these get announced tomorrow anyone have an idea of when they'd go on sale? (going from previous apple unveilings?)

I'm over in the states just now until the 25th of June.

Was looking at buying an iPod Touch, then decided to consider an iPhone, buy it unlocked. I'm on a monthly rolling contract back Home with unlimited web usage, so I'd be able to use my sim with an unlocked iPhone.

I'd really like to get 32GB of space you see, as I'd be using it for music as well and 16GB isn't that much for me.

I'm also considering it as just before I came on holiday my current phone was put through the washing machine :laugh: In a rush to get things washed for packing I accidently washed it. Not tried turning it on yet, I put it in the boiler cupboard and it's there till I come home.

I have a feeling it won't work though.

edit: Also, how long did it take for the iPhone when first released to be unlocked? Even if the new iPhone's released tomorrow go on sale say next week I probably wouldn't buy one unless it could get unlocked pretty shortly after... if that's a problem I might just see if the 16GB 3G's come down in price over the next week or so.

I'm guessing it'll come out on the 29th of this month.

Yeah, no live stream for the WWDC keynote. Videos are available about an hour or so afterwards, if I remember rightly, which is handy. Less than 20 hours to go ;)

The anticipation is killing me!

I dunno how Apple do it, making sure that there are no leaks. I mean there is not one solid leaked photo out there that might resemble what the new iPhone will look like. A very tight unit.

Nevertheless, I have been wanting an iPhone for a while but the current 3G hasn't quite fit the bill (mainly software). Hopefully it'll live upto my expectations.

Anyone know what time the keynote will begin UK time (GMT)?

Yeah, no live stream for the WWDC keynote. Videos are available about an hour or so afterwards, if I remember rightly, which is handy. Less than 20 hours to go ;)

Why won't their be a video stream? Seems kinda retarded.

Why won't their be a video stream? Seems kinda retarded.

They edit the captured video from the keynote to make it more polished. (such as adding the keynote slides inline with the speaker)

Will there be a live stream tomorrow?
No, just liveblogs like Gizmodo or Engadget

I'm not so sure. For the last few keynotes, the video versions were online within a few hours. So maybe sometime around 19:00 - 20:00 EDT (if not sooner), the feed could be up.

Still, can't wait to give 3.0 a shot. ;)

Still, can't wait to give 3.0 a shot. ;)

me too, I am just want to see if my ipod touch 1g will have new features with 3.0 other than copy and paste. I want to see if I will be able to plug in a regular handsfree headphone with mic without issue. :shifty:

I'm not so sure. For the last few keynotes, the video versions were online within a few hours. So maybe sometime around 19:00 - 20:00 EDT (if not sooner), the feed could be up.

Yeah, the video always comes up afterwards, but he's talking about live streaming video of the keynote