WWDC '09

Can anyone see what day is on the Calendar icon? The 19th May was a Tuesday and the 19th June is a Friday. Just wondering. :unsure:

19th May i would imagine, seems to be the most obvious one.

Does anyone know if theres any live video streams this year? Apple always host the keynote afterwards i know, but theres sometimes video to watch from inside.

I think since 1 or 2 keynotes, they are a little more strict with live videos and live audio... I don't think this will happen this time. Well not by attendees I mean. And I don't think Apple will either...

But there's always great coverage being done by websites like Macrumors, Hardmac, gizmodo, engadget... great screenshots and great descriptions for something live!

^ why not!? Its matte. I DO WANT.

If the rumors are true and they drop it on us monday, meaning that the apple stores / att stores will have some in stock but a very limited quanity, im gonna be BOOKING it too the store. I mean if I heard "iPhone is going live today(so to say in little words)" then IM GONE. My front door will be closing behind me.

I WANT NOW!

Oo btw, what channel/network would WWDC be viewed on?

^ why not!? Its matte. I DO WANT.

If the rumors are true and they drop it on us monday, meaning that the apple stores / att stores will have some in stock but a very limited quanity, im gonna be BOOKING it too the store. I mean if I heard "iPhone is going live today(so to say in little words)" then IM GONE. My front door will be closing behind me.

I WANT NOW!

Oo btw, what channel/network would WWDC be viewed on?

Because apart from the Matte it looks exactly the same! if I'm gonna get something NEW, I want people to know it's new. I don't want it to look exactly the same as the 3G.

Most people will notice no difference apart from the Matte, this doesnt make me want to rush out and buy it, my 2G still does the job.

Also the "if its not broke to fix it ect", doesnt really bother me. To be moving on to the 3rd generation of iPhone, I want to see some changes in the way it looks. Even if its just slight changes, just by changing the back of the iPhone doesnt do it for me.

Ah I see. Your a 2G owner thats why. My bad I thought you were like me, just getting one. My dad has the 3G and I wanted one forever, so Im making the jump to this. So for me its technically "a big deal" but I just want an iPhone dammit! lol.

If it wasnt for it coming out so soon(my contact expired in may) then I would of never waited and would of ended up getting a 3G.

Ah I see. Your a 2G owner thats why. My bad I thought you were like me, just getting one. My dad has the 3G and I wanted one forever, so Im making the jump to this. So for me its technically "a big deal" but I just want an iPhone dammit! lol.

If it wasnt for it coming out so soon(my contact expired in may) then I would of never waited and would of ended up getting a 3G.

Totally see your point of view now, it is going to excite potential new iPhone customers alot more than existing ones if these shots are real and this is actually a new iPhone.

The reason I didn't upgrade to the 3G from my 2G was because it wasnt really a huge overhaul apart from the 3G (which didnt bother me, slightly thinner but wider and a black shiney back).

I can get the OS3.0 upgrade on my 2G, so i wont really be missing out on anything.

Your be missing out on MMS, but if you don't care then its all good.

I always email photos on my iPhone, never used MMS even when I had the function on old phones! :)

Btw, some news/rumours and a photo from Gizmodo.

33omez6-500x350.png

From the same source as this possible leak comes a few shots of what could be video chat on the iPhone. Who knows.

But, supposing it's real, it's interesting to note that it appears to be on Wi-Fi, so if iPhone video chat is real, it could be like Skype and SlingPlayer and only work over Wi-Fi. Until you hack it. [Nowhereelse?thanks Brendan]

Totally see your point of view now, it is going to excite potential new iPhone customers alot more than existing ones if these shots are real and this is actually a new iPhone.

Not if they bump the hardware... then it could look exactly the same but it'll still be pretty exciting.

Not if they bump the hardware... then it could look exactly the same but it'll still be pretty exciting.

If the rumours are to be believed, then the new iPhone will have a 3D graphics chip.

I don't understand the obsession with a complete overhaul of the aesthetics. The iPhone looks great it has an established image. Let them tweak it, but it doesn't need to be changed entirely.

Another picture Source

image631-500x377.png

Looks like they could be fake, as if u look, the green light in the pic above is to the right and the one I posted earlier is in the centre.

64GB is very tempting. I'm still in the market for a new phone contract. Living off a 30 day rolling contract and a mega old handset :p

if they release a 64GB one consider me there. Still, 32 gigs at the top end seems more likely to me but I would kill for 64.

Remember all, WWDC is from the 8th - 12th so we may not see any of the anticipated new iPhone until the last day =)

The Apple keynote is tomorrow. If a new iPhone is to be unveiled, it'll be done tomorrow.

Yeah, everything from Apple is done tomorrow.

Btw I also don't think a 64GB version will appear. It'd be great, but first of all, the current one is stuck at 16GB, they wouldn't quadruple it right away. Second, it was pretty much the only reason why an iPod was more worth it than an iPhone, because of more memory. Otherwise, the iPod has everything less good than the iPhone. I know it's not designated to the same market, but it'll remain my point of view.

1st Gen (iPhone 1.0) = 8gb

2nd Gen (iPhone 3G or 1.5) = 8gb and 16gb

3rd Gen (iPhone 2)= 16gb and 32gb

4th Genj (iPhone 3) = 32gb and 64gb

Thats how i think they will go.