WWDC '09

Just a few things I want to see:

- Snow Leopard

- New iPhone, this one not tied down to any carriers

That's all I need to make me happy :)

iPhone OS and Snow Leopard would do for now! And as unlikely as it is, the fabled xMac (a baby Mac Pro) which I keep hoping will see daylight someday gets launched..... pffft.

I've been waiting for WWDC for quite awhile now. I'm really considering purchasing a Mac over the summer before I enter college, that free Touch sounds nice. I'm trying to hold off as long as possible though... would hate to pay for the computer, then within a few months, already have a dated operating system. But I guess that's going to happen no matter what OS I buy, huh? (Except Linux!)

Me either, how much do u think it will cost for the upgrade? ?83 just like retail leopard?

Keep an eye out for deals, I found the full Leopard install at CompUSA a week after the drop date for 79$

i know it's a bit far fetched, but if steve jobs suddenly gets introduced by phil during the keynote and in turn introduces the new rumoured iphone or any apple product, i'll be super psyched up. :p

i know it's a bit far fetched, but if steve jobs suddenly gets introduced by phil during the keynote and in turn introduces the new rumoured iphone or any apple product, i'll be super psyched up. :p

Who says that Steve Jobs will appear again? :huh:

I think Steve Jobs appearing will be the "one more thing" announcement or something and then he'll come out and introduce something amazing. Haha, it's a long-shot, but one can only hope. For some reason, I think he'll be there and they just want to surprise us...

I personally wouldn't care if Apple releases a new iPhone or not, it's just that I'm in need of a new iPhone after my old iPhone died a horrible death.

I also have a funny feeling Steve will be involved somehow. Maybe they will call him? If they have a front facing camera that would be a good way to demonstrate it.

"Hey Steve, how has your break been?"

"It's been really good"

"Well we'll see you back in the office on Monday!"

Maybe he'll be there at the end of the keynote, fatter and really energetic, just to show everyone that he's still in great shape. :p

But then again, it's not the kind of Apple to do these things I guess. They don't really want to mention anything about his health.

screen-capture-3.png

Jobs Ready to Return to Apple Helm

After months of uncertainty about Steve Jobs's health, the Apple Inc. chief executive appears on track to return from medical leave this month, said people familiar with Apple.

Josh Lowensohn/CNET News

Workers prepare the Moscone Center for Apple's event in San Francisco.

The big question now among Apple's business partners, investors and fans: Will Mr. Jobs make his reappearance at Apple's annual software developers' conference next week in San Francisco, possibly to unveil a new iPhone?

Mr. Jobs, a survivor of pancreatic cancer, went on medical leave in January. He had earlier exhibited significant weight loss, and cited a nutritional problem related to a hormone imbalance. The unexpected departure, and the few details about Mr. Jobs's ailment, left some investors worried about whether he would return.

Since then, Apple hasn't provided any updates on Mr. Jobs's health.

While Mr. Jobs has been on sick leave, some Apple directors have gotten weekly updates about his medical condition from the CEO's physician, according to a person familiar with the matter. Mr. Jobs's recovery "is coming along" and he is on schedule to return to work later this month, said this person, who has seen Mr. Jobs in recent weeks.

"He was one real sick guy,'' added this person. "Fundamentally he was starving to death over a nine-month period. He couldn't digest protein. [but] he took corrective action.''

Mr. Jobs occasionally has come into Apple's headquarters since his leave began, said a person who has seen him there.

[snip]

Link >>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124415751596986965.html

I think Steve Jobs appearing will be the "one more thing" announcement or something and then he'll come out and introduce something amazing. Haha, it's a long-shot, but one can only hope. For some reason, I think he'll be there and they just want to surprise us...

Exactly what I was thinking, they save the iPhone announcement to the end then ... *one more thing* Jobs appear, BAM! The Apple crowd goes through the roof!

Also to support that WSJ article, I'm sure there was an article recently where Steve Wozniak was saying Steve is in good health etc

Also to support that WSJ article, I'm sure there was an article recently where Steve Wozniak was saying Steve is in good health etc

Woz is just saying that because he is a major shareholder(conflict of interest). Now if Bill Gates said Steve Job is in good health then I would believe that :D

I want an iPhone so badly but making myself wait until the new one is released!

Wait ...

I couldn't hold myself back. I caved in and bought a new iPhone. I have 30 days refund policy, so if the new one comes out, it's mines.

If one is released in 31 days then your screwed, you should have waited.

If one is released in 31 days then your screwed, you should have waited.

I needed a phone. Real bad.

Plus it'll probably come out on the 29-30. If one comes out. If not, I'm happy either way.