Introducing Opera Unite. Today, we reinvent the Web.

the only built in feature of opera I don't like is the torrent feature because it essentially encourages hit and running and there is no way to manage your torrents. The others I don't use and I don't even know they are there. I forgot how much I loved mouse gestures.

If anyone's finding that their upload speed's being maxed out by visitors, you can limit upload speeds in the Webserver section of opera:config

Try disconnecting from the web and using those.

Clearly, you have no idea what the web actually IS.

All those mentioned are INTERNET protocols, not web.

The idea is nice but after trying Opera now again I still can't leave Firefox.... It just integrates perfectly in Vista with Glasser and I can add almost any feature I can imagine. Although I have to admit even if Opera doesn't looks that integrated, it looks nice!

Oh my...glad I don't use Opera. :x

Now they need to package a CLI, a text editor, a calculator, a photo/video editor, some IM client and they can whine to EU again about Windows monopoly.

Wish my iTunes library worked in the media player :(

All I had to do was add the folder where all my music was and it worked. Do you have your music all scattered around or something lol

woot it started working all of a sudden... yes yes yes yes...

now let me see if i can get it working through my VPN.... normally thats meant for web browsing only, no p2p allowed on it, but everything else seems to work.... maybe Unite is 'p2p' in a way ...

All I had to do was add the folder where all my music was and it worked. Do you have your music all scattered around or something lol

No, just used the root iTunes Music folder, when I go into any of the artists folder's, no songs are listed. I'm probably doing something wrong here but at first glance I'm not getting anything.

torrenting, IRC, email client <- none of these things are Web based.

So what? It's nice to have the option. Seriously, nothing of this is enabled by default and it's not visible until you do. Some of you really try to hard.

Well that's probably the reason...lol, all my legit purchased music is .m4p and is not recognized. I have one random .mp3 in my library and it shows up. Booo :) Anyone able to get these to work?

Wish my iTunes library worked in the media player :(

The player doesn't support m4a files yet - could that be the problem?

Edit: Ahh, your reply explains it!

They'll probably add support for more file types by the time Unite gets its first 'Official' release.

Yea no worries, it's a nice browser with solid features. Just wanted to take advantage of the media player right away, but I can wait :).

it feels like the opera proxy server isnt firing on all cylinders yet... the web front of it seems to be working well enough, but the Unite clients are having trouble connecting to it

in particular the connections to asd.opera.com seem to be failing all the time

Edited by carmatic

What? The files are stored on your PC. Should Microsoft be sued for piracy as well for giving people the tool to pirate?

Opera is the one providing the domain, and the one who links and makes an index of your files.

Opera is the one providing the domain, and the one who links and makes an index of your files.

who provides the connectivity? the IP address? the OS you're running? the PC you're using? the power your PC is using up? the house you bought? Sue them too?