Aion Online

I agree with you on the DP issue.

And are you doing every quest, side and main, because I am level 17 and I have done a lot more then 200 quests so far.

The spam issue will be fixed (maintained) soon enough.

asmo or elyos?

its been stated alot on the aion forums the two factions have VERY different experiences for levelling

I've found that going back to older towns will net me more quests to do, but there is this thing going on that supposedly there are not as many on the Asmo side, hope it's not true

As for the spamming, I just leave LFG and it seems to be ok, for now

And for the record ALL MMOs have grinding in them, so there's no point in complaining about it

ive actually lost interest already in the game

When the game was still in beta, they kept advertising 4500+ quests added, blah blah

But im lvl 24, and ive done maybe 200, i do enough quests to get me 1/3rd through a level, and i GRIND the rest of the way, yes, boring grinding

Everything about this game is grind, grind grind. Its boring now

I also found out that most of the quests thus far are on the Elyos side. From 20-25 it seems like Asmo's grind, but Elyos dont have to nearly as much according to hte aion forums. I think most players are gonna get bored very quickly, im seeing ALOT of ppl dissapearing at around lvl 25 because they are just so bored of grinding.

My next issue is the gold spam, its WAY outta control, you block the 15 spammers, its all quiet for 10 mins, then they make new names and continue the spam.

DP is terrible, more GRIND based action, aparently DP is needed for some crafting to, and crafting can fail just like gathering, resulting in more GRIND

The games doing 'ok' now, its falling down on sales pretty fast though. I expect that Aion will be another noname MMO in a couple of months because it simply doesnt bring anything new to the MMO world, and the fact that its entire gameplay revolves around grinding with a few WoW 1.0 type quests(kill 10 of these, get 5 of those), itll lose its player base FAST.

Im actually going to avoid MMO's for a while, just because My last 2 were AoC and then Aion, and both lacked enough content for levelling and ended up in the mindless grind, and thats dissapointing.

Need to find me a good RPG

And for the record ALL MMOs have grinding in them, so there's no point in complaining about it

Not many have you grinding levels by killing mobs one after the other any more though. Which I think is the point Neoauld is trying to make.

Not many have you grinding levels by killing mobs one after the other any more though. Which I think is the point Neoauld is trying to make.

yup

the standard i think has been raised by WoW, since there is NO grinding from 60-80, and i think 1-60 got fixed to, and theyre redoing the entire 1-60 thing for cataclysm

the point being, when you get 5 quests per level, thats really SAD, specially when another faction gets more, and they advertised that they added 4500 quests, then another patch after that 400 more, which i have yet to hear anyone saying theyve seen these imaginary quests

there is the issue as well where, I had to GRIND from 22-24, no quests, you can do 3-4 levels worth of quests in about..1/4 of your lvl bar, maybe 1/3. Its a pet peeve of mind when ppl say Grinding is part of all mmo's, yes i agree, but it shouldnt be defended. Thats a lack of game content that they are defending, and in Aion's case a SEVERE lack. In no other mo have i had to grind for multiple levels in a row for hours on end.

I know its bad to compare MMO's to WoW, but simply put, if they want to compete, they need to release a finished game. Aion is not a finished game. Its going to survive, but its going to struggle. And really, surviving isnt enough if you want your game to be a big success.

theyve created a game that is completely based on tediousness, and in the NA market that will not do when there are much more fun alternatives

I'm not defending grinding, I even gave a suggestion

If it turns out that NC soft really did screw over the Asmo side, then they need to fix it ASAP

I'm not defending grinding, I even gave a suggestion

If it turns out that NC soft really did screw over the Asmo side, then they need to fix it ASAP

well, even on the asmo side i hear theres some pretty grueling grinding, overall im seeing complaints everywhere about the boring grind that the game is by nature, no update/patch will fix that, not from NCSoft at least

Yea I am the Asmos side and there is alot of grinding, since I am level 17 and can't even do level 17 quests without needing to be a higher level.

17-20 is the easiest part actually, find a black claw grind grp, and that should get you to 20 if theyre fast

after that it gets...much worse

lol

if i've learned anything from WoW it's never pug

and given the intelligent conversations i always read in the chat channels.... i dare not pug in Aion

Good news for those that are unhappy with their ability to level through questing. In the next patch they will substantially be increasing exp rewards from quests as seen by this chart:

lulz.jpg

Quoted from Cynic on Aion Source:

Those are just example quests at that level range, the reason levels show up multiple times is because there are multiple quests to be found at those levels.

It's for all quests, the image just depicts a small range to show what kind of difference we're talking about here.

Also more info on what's coming in the next patch can be seen here, as well.

@Neoauld: Most of the new quests they added were post level 35. Because that is where the biggest lack of quests showed and it's where they added most of the new content. See above for a bit of inspiration though.

Edited by trag3dy

haha true, ive had mixed experiences in aion with pugging

my BC group was good, we farmed that chieftian boss in all 5 channels while grinding and made about 400k doing it

i have yet to find another good grp for anything though

but ive long given up on the game, grinding is too mindlessfor me, and like most ppl, quit at ~25

Grinding as a Templar is what kinda killed my first char. 2 weeks later I'm giving assassin a shot to see how things go but I'm hoping that XP patch will be hitting really soon (for lower levels too).

I do have this bad thing to say though.. the guy who picked locations for the Asmodean rift exit locations needs to be fired. Two of the rifts that regularly appear in Morheim exit in areas containing only one exit and elite creatures. One of them is even worse, and contains guard mobs that can 1 shot most casters below 30. They got me in like two or three hits with ~3k hp.

Elyos on the other hand, have no such problems. In fact, one of their rifts that appears most often in Morheim puts THEM in an area with elite creatures, but they are friendly towards them. *grumble* It does appear this game is heavily biased towards Elyos as far as ease of game play is concerned.

I hope in the future they'll add a lot more randomness to rifts. And make it so they have completely random (to a point) enter/exit locations. That would be awesome. One rift could drop you over lava, while another could port you right into the main city of the area. Okay that would probably make a lot of people unhappy, but the rift locations need to be truly random, and fair.

Edited by trag3dy

Had my first group quest/grind and it was quite awesome. Probably would of been better if it was people I knew, but wicked.

Ding to Level 18 lol

yup

the standard i think has been raised by WoW, since there is NO grinding from 60-80, and i think 1-60 got fixed to, and theyre redoing the entire 1-60 thing for cataclysm

They have actually made leveling from 1-70 very easy in WoW, now. You can get there by questing, grinding, or even Battlegrounds now give XP. What Blizzard did right in WoW is they give you new fireworks to play with every 2 levels. You gotta give the player new fireworks periodically, or else they will lose interest.

Are there any trial keys/buddy keys for this game yet? I wanna give it a try but i missed the OBT and only got to play for a few minutes.

None at this time and probably none for a while, maybe in another month or two, though.

I'm stuck on choosing a starting class! It's that usual thing again and the problem I had with WoW.

At the moment I'm a scout... chosen because I thought it would be easier to start with.

That said, I don't want to grindddd all the way only to realise I should have done a priest or something.

I LOVE my priest in WoW - although it was a big struggle. I've heard a few things about Aion, like not attacking monsters more than a couple of levels above as you will die... so is it even ahrder to priest in Aion?

What are your opinions... or if you chose a priest, any good? :D

Cleric, and chanters are actually quite good at soloing. Especially at higher levels. Granted that they don't have the dps of a sorc/glad/assassin, but they do not have gimp damage by any means.

well i play a chanter. which is the melee dps subclass that comes from priest, rather than the all out healing priest (Cleric) and i love it. level 25 and no problems at all with mobs etc.