Aion Online

I got in right from the start, and been playing since, just got to level 10 and we got our Legion set up. People are saying they have queue times of 3+ hours.

I just afk'd in game, haha :laugh:

Really though, I don't know what people expected, if they let all the people in who wanted to be in right now the servers would be crashing constantly and no one would play...though I'm sure some would rather have that if they're stuck in a queue, haha. I think it's gone pretty smooth all in all though. It's just the day, imo.

Edited by trag3dy

It's my second time leveling, first time was different side.

I am level 8 at the moment, thought I was going fast, geez +trag3dy that is fast!

It's my second time leveling, first time was different side.

I am level 8 at the moment, thought I was going fast, geez +trag3dy that is fast!

:laugh:

There's someone in my Legion that was 11 when I went afk earlier, and he's probably pushing level 13 by now. :rofl:

I was leveling with 4 people so we went pretty fast.

Yea that must of been it, I was alone the whole time.

And I just signed out for the first time in 6.4 hours, probably not getting back in tonight lol

Games been a disaster for me. Played 20 minutes then kicked off. Been trying to get back on for over 6 hours. Terrible.

Games been a disaster for me. Played 20 minutes then kicked off. Been trying to get back on for over 6 hours. Terrible.

That sucks, I feel for people who got to log in and then get booted. To safe guard against this if you join a group you can log in automatically if you get booted, you don't have to wait any. I even logged out normally, logged back in to see what the queue was like and it let me log right back in. Just a little piece of information for the future.

I understand why there is a queue and when I get stuck in it tomorrow or the next day I'm gonna be just as ****ed as everyone else. But yeah..they're needed for the time being, we don't want it to be Warhammer Online 2 with 92 servers and 25 people on each one. Also unlike...that...company, NCsoft is heavily monitoring and safeguarding the games populations between the races to ensure that it's always balanced, which is very nice I think.

Yea I had quite a good experience. I waited about 30 minutes right at launch, once I was in for about another 30minutes I experienced bad lag, but after that, it was smooth as a baby. I did try to log back in just now to see, about a 2 hour wait. But it all makes sense. Most games do that now on launch day/week.

Yeah, I hope they get a new server in there to alleviate some of the stress. I certainly agree with the use of queues though, as it really has helped to spread people out. Some servers I could still get on without any wait, despite them all being listed as "High" population. I also like the fact that the servers are generally balanced across all servers, as opposed to how WoW is with some god awful percentages. I really feel NCsoft is on the ball with everything that's going on with the game.

So far the Aion's been playing great, with only some lag spikes during the peak hours. Between me and my girlfriend / her brother, we have all the professions as well. I love how crafting is actually worth your while. Got to 11 before I had to get off since I had to work this morning but yeah. Really having fun, crafting and all! :)

Don't have the game, but reading this thread i don't understand why people play non-stop to hit level cap. I find that a majority of the fun is taking your time and enjoying the game while leveling, not powering through as to get high level immediately.

end level is where the pvp happens mostly imo. pre max doubtfull many people will pvp unless they are already in the pvp zones

Don't have the game, but reading this thread i don't understand why people play non-stop to hit level cap. I find that a majority of the fun is taking your time and enjoying the game while leveling, not powering through as to get high level immediately.

because a lot of players (like myself and my fiancee) find all the fun and games in the end game content like raiding

the faster you hit the cap the faster you get phat lewtz :p

They're not rushing to max level, they're rushing to 20-25 because that's where the instances are and the pvp starts. It's also where you can actually start making use of your professions, too.

because a lot of players (like myself and my fiancee) find all the fun and games in the end game content like raiding

the faster you hit the cap the faster you get phat lewtz :p

I though Aion required large raids of people to get things done though? :p

Don't do what I did for WoW's 3rd expansion. Rushed to 80 then found my self twiddling my thumbs for a couple of weeks. :D

They're not rushing to max level, they're rushing to 20-25 because that's where the instances are and the pvp starts. It's also where you can actually start making use of your professions, too.

Oh, i misunderstood, it just seemed like people were racing to the highest level. I forget this game is well established elsewhere, so i doubt there is a lack of things to do at end game, like you would find of most new MMOs.

Yeah, the fact that it has already had a years worth of patches, bug fixes, and content updates is a huge advantage for the game in NA and EU. Something that AoC and Warhammer won't be able to compete with no matter what anyone says.

I just got scammed out of XP.

I did all side quests up to 9/10 basically I was half way to level 10 before doing the Ascension quest, once I did that, i figured I'd level to half way to 11, but nope, they just made it level 10.

So ****ed! lol

Thought about trying this game, til I saw some videos on youtube. Nothing ground breaking at all. Same old hack 'n slash, go kill 10 of these and report back for quest completion....I did that for 3 1/2 years in W.O.W.......

I fear the hype with this game will be like that of Warhammer Online and AoC...........only to fizzle out very quickly. Maybe I'm wrong.