• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows 7 UK pre order

master2k27    9

When can the uk pre order windows 7 and can you give a link please

thanks

WOOT 11 pages!

Edited by master2k27

Bhav    18

15th july

it'll be available from Microsoft's official store, as well as Amazon, Play.com, Littlewoods, Currys and more

master2k27    9

Thank you all!

Chris and bhav!

Dannydeman    7

Anyone knows where to preorder it for the Netherlands?

MightyJordan    7,176

Is there any word on the price yet?

Also, is there any word on what they're doing about the Internet Explorer issue? i.e. they're going to bundle an extra disc containing all the popular browsers?

EDIT: Nope, doesn't look like it.

E editions of Windows 7 do not include Internet Explorer. We recommend that you get an Internet browser from Microsoft or another software manufacturer and have it available on a CD/DVD or other media so you can install it after you install Windows 7.

Thank god I always kept Firefox on my pen drive to update it in college computers! :p

Bhav    18

Home Premium E = ?49.99

Professional E = ?99.99

(Full versions..not just upgrades)

MightyJordan    7,176

Nice! :)

Any word on the price for the Family Pack?

jelli    7

It will cost $149.99, not bad price really.

FISKER_Q    17

Does that also mean it'll be for sale in other european countries that day?

Dark_ph0enix    13
Home Premium E = ?49.99

Professional E = ?99.99

(Full versions..not just upgrades)

Are those the definite prices? I thought the upgrade prices were more than that, to the tune of an additional ?100? If it's only ?49.99 / ?99.99 (depending on the version) then I'll definitely be pre-ordering on Wednesday.

FISKER_Q    17
Are those the definite prices? I thought the upgrade prices were more than that, to the tune of an additional ?100? If it's only ?49.99 / ?99.99 (depending on the version) then I'll definitely be pre-ordering on Wednesday.

As far as i understood there will be no upgrade versions, atleast not at the moment, and the price for a retail version will be the same as an upgrade version, atleast until the whole upgrade deal gets sorted out in europe.

Dark_ph0enix    13
As far as i understood there will be no upgrade versions, atleast not at the moment, and the price for a retail version will be the same as an upgrade version, atleast until the whole upgrade deal gets sorted out in europe.

Now you mention it I think I remember reading that somewhere as well - I'll have to look into it before Wednesday :)

Bhav    18

This is correct.

The standard price will be ?150 from next year (?80 from August I think). ?50 is amazing/i> price forfull/i> version of Home Premium

MrChainsaw    25

Where can I pre-order it in Ireland?

Kirkburn    172
I could find pre-order in the UK but Amazon UK have a signup link so that you can be emailed when its ready for pre-order

Windows 7 Home Premium E | Windows 7 Professional E | Windows 7 Ultimate E

Microsoft EMEA site shows pre-order will be available from July 15 http://emea.microsoftstore.com/UK/Microsof...ndows-7-Preview

Thanks, much appreciated.

gkl    11

Just to make it clear and so I don't waste my money - if I pre-order Win7 tomorrow, can I install it as a normal, standard full version when it arrives? The PC, at the time of Win 7 arrival, will be running an RC version without any other Windows versions installed (it's basically for my future build which I "should" get next month or so).

Lee G.    234
Just to make it clear and so I don't waste my money - if I pre-order Win7 tomorrow, can I install it as a normal, standard full version when it arrives? The PC, at the time of Win 7 arrival, will be running an RC version without any other Windows versions installed (it's basically for my future build which I "should" get next month or so).

Yes, you can do that :)

PiracyX    11

How much will the Ultimate edition cost to pre-order?

gkl    11
Yes, you can do that :)

Excellent! I guess I'll purchase it tomorrow from Amazon. There is no pre-order promotion in my country but since Amazon does ship to it, all should be nice and fine.

lunamonkey    118
How much will the Ultimate edition cost to pre-order?

Apparently the same as non-pre-order. There is no planned special price for Ultimate.

FISKER_Q    17

It's up now.

?49.99 for Home Premium (67% off)

?99.99 for Professional (55% off, yeah apparently Professional is more expensive than ultimate? suuuuuuuure)

?199.99 for Ultimate

Lilrich    47
It's up now.

?49.99 for Home Premium (67% off)

?99.99 for Professional (55% off, yeah apparently Professional is more expensive than ultimate? suuuuuuuure)

?199.99 for Ultimate

What retailer was that? Amazon or something