Windows 7 UK pre order

Amazon also have it ?10 cheaper than Play.com (Amazon: ?89 for Pro).

Play.com say the release is the 26th October, whilst amazon have it for the 22nd.

Also, play.com's RRP is: ?250 for pro, whilst Amazon is ?220. I would check the MS store, but it's down for:(e :(

I pre-ordered mine from amazon. It was a bit cheaper at ?44.97 (for those interested in Pro it's ?89.97). Overall a saving of ?5 - ?10 on the MS prices.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=amb_link_842...;pf_rd_i=468294

I'm impressed - I paid way more for even the Vista UPGRADE and that was the student pricing.

Is your card charged at point of dispatch or now with pre-orders from amazon?

Hi

I've just pre-ordered Windows 7 Premium E from Amazon UK for ?44.97 including FREE Supersaver delivery on, or before, October 22nd 2009. But Ive just read on a few websites that it may be available as early as September 1st 2009.

I placed my order based on the fact that in Europe, these "E" versions will be FULL versions of Windows 7 (without IE8) and we will therefore be able to do a full clean install of our chosen version of Windows 7 (without the need to have a qualifying previous Microsoft OS already installed - i.e. upgrade).

So I sincerely hope that when our DVD arrives, it will be exactly what we expect it to be and, also include a second disc that will have the 'optional' IE8 on it)?

Regards

Dave

Amazon also have it ?10 cheaper than Play.com (Amazon: ?89 for Pro).

Play.com say the release is the 26th October, whilst amazon have it for the 22nd.

Also, play.com's RRP is: ?250 for pro, whilst Amazon is ?220. I would check the MS store, but it's down for:(e :(

Yeah, the MS store is down for me too.

I just pre-ordered Home Premium from Amazon, but for the amazing price, I'm beginning to think I should cancel that and pre-order Windows 7 Professio:pl :p

i ordered from ebuyer

2 x Home Prem E - ?44.99 each

1 X Pro E - ?80.00

prem sold out in 30 mins took pro bout an hour

^ How did you get the Pro E for ?80.00?

Is your card charged at point of dispatch or now with pre-orders from amazon?

Your card would be charged now, so they can gain interest on the money straight away;))

Hi

I've just pre-ordered Windows 7 Premium E from Amazon UK for ?44.97 including FREE Supersaver delivery on, or before, October 22nd 2009. But Ive just read on a few websites that it may be available as early as September 1st 2009.

I placed my order based on the fact that in Europe, these "E" versions will be FULL versions of Windows 7 (without IE8) and we will therefore be able to do a full clean install of our chosen version of Windows 7 (without the need to have a qualifying previous Microsoft OS already installed - i.e. upgrade).

So I sincerely hope that when our DVD arrives, it will be exactly what we expect it to be and, also include a second disc that will have the 'optional' IE8 on it)?

Regards

Dave

It will be just that (edit: except IE won't be provided on disk - you'll need to download a copy onto a USB stick etc.:):)

Edited by lcg

It will be just that :)

I don't think you'll get IE8 with the box, atleast they state very clearly on the site that you'll need to have a browser backed up somewhere to install if you want a web browser with Windows 7.

I don't think you'll get IE8 with the box, atleast they state very clearly on the site that you'll need to have a browser backed up somewhere to install if you want a web browser with Windows 7.

Oops, sorry. Yeah, you'll need another browser on disk. The box states 'Requires a web browser to access the Internet. Internet Explorer not included'.

Here's a query too... With Vista I had to order my x64 separately. I wonder if it will come as standard this time?

I hope it's standard, otherwise I'll have to cancel my pre-order. It should be, otherwise what's the point in only being able to pre-order x86 copies?

Here's a query too... With Vista I had to order my x64 separately. I wonder if it will come as standard this time?

I believe there was an interview a couple of days ago where they said that 32-bit and 64-bit would be included in all editions of Windows 7 sold in developed countries.

I believe there was an interview a couple of days ago where they said that 32-bit and 64-bit would be included in all editions of Windows 7 sold in developed countries.

Yeah, that sounds correct (Y) Thanks.

Hi

Many thanks to all those who replied to my post. :)

With reference to both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 being included on the same DVD; if that is the case, then you will obviously be given the choice of which version to install during setup so, with that in mind, will the same CD key work for both versions or, will a CD key for each version be provided?

Regards

Dave

So aside from the XP Compatibility mode, and the ability to join a doman, there aren't any significant differences between Home Premium, and the Professional version? If so me thinks I'll head over to Amazon and order the Home Premium version.

i ordered from ebuyer

2 x Home Prem E - ?44.99 each

1 X Pro E - ?80.00

prem sold out in 30 mins took pro bout an hour

I can't find it on ebuyer. Do you have a link?

Btw they're both 32 bit and 64 bit right?