Longhorn sucks, sorry...

So stupid judging a Alpha OS that you shouldn't have even had access to in the first place. Wait till beta then you'll be posting threads about how much Longhorn rocks etc.

Sweet jesus, the loony microsoft lovers are out in full force today. :blink:

Relax people, he was saying Longhorn sucks, in it's current state. He has every right to have an opinion about an operating system, even if it is an early alpha release.

NO, YOU CAN'T HAVE A VALID OPINION ON AN OPERATING SYSTEM CAUSE IT'S NOT FINAL WITH SP2 PACK!!11!! LOLOL!!11!1!! :rofl:

Relax people, he was saying Longhorn sucks, in it's current state. He has every right to have an opinion about an operating system, even if it is an early alpha release.

NO, YOU CAN'T HAVE A VALID OPINION ON AN OPERATING SYSTEM CAUSE IT'S NOT FINAL WITH SP2 PACK!!11!! LOLOL!!11!1!! :rofl:

He never once said the words "in it's current state" (should be its, not it's btw ;))

And that last paragraph...well that was just scary.

:rolleyes: i agree. and i agree that judging by what is there now, it sucks. i don't like any of the new features in thier current state at all. obviously it's in alpha and it's gonna change, blah blah blah. but based on what is there now, it sucks. the new features in suck and it's not like they are gonna scrap them all. they will be developed more and go through a lot of changes but i think most of them will stay

God if you people even knew how to actually activate any of the features in Longhorn then you really would not be saying that. The release you have (be it 4008 or 4015) has features hidden in it that many don't know how to unlock. It is like this to keep these features for internal use only. If you have unlocked these then please stand up and tell this lot who think "Longorn sux0r!!1!1" etc. Otherwise there is no need to comment on Longhorn in its current state as you have a half assed version that has features in it that would likely change your opinion of the OS as a whole.

God if you people even knew how to actually activate any of the features in Longhorn then you really would not be saying that. The release you have (be it 4008 or 4015) has features hidden in it that many don't know how to unlock. It is like this to keep these features for internal use only. If you have unlocked these then please stand up and tell this lot who think "Longorn sux0r!!1!1" etc. Otherwise there is no need to comment on Longhorn in its current state as you have a half assed version that has features in it that would likely change your opinion of the OS as a whole.

Some sense was finally put back into this discussion. Good job :D

Features such as? I'm not saying you're lying, but the way you've written this it's completely unverifiable. It's like saying "OMG YOU PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID YOU DIDN'T PRESS THE SECRET 'MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER' BUTTON, DUMBASSES! BUT OF COURSE I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT THAT..." I mean come on, the guy has an opinion and he doesn't like it, if you were really interested in showing him how good the OS is you'd tell him how to activate those nifty features. And to all of you saying he shouldn't judge the final OS on an alpha version, he isn't, look at the thread title: "Longhorn sucks, sorry." Notice the use of the present tense verb.

Check out the Longhorn article at http://www.winsupersite.com first.

Yes Longhorn appears to be slow. I haven't actually tried it myself, as I don't see the point in installing an Alpha OS on any of my machines at the moment. However, take into consideration that Longhorn isn't designed to run on your AthlonXP 1700, or your Pentium 4 2.2GHz. While they're both very good processors, two years from now, with the release of Longhorn, they will be obsolete, and Longhorn will be designed to run on then processors of the era.

Secondly, Longhorn has yet to be optimised. The early builds of XP were also very very slow and were speeded up a fair bit by RTM (although not enough in my opinion.)

And lastly, the builds of Longhorn released are not from Lab6. Lab6 builds are the only builds which include the advanced video rendering effects which will be in the final version of Longhorn. Basically a huge part of the way Longhorn renders video is torn out in the leaked builds, and is therefore still using GDI/GDI+, which the new technology (the name escapes me at the moment) will make obsolete.

Saying longhorn sucks right now is like saying MacOSX sucks before the DP releases where they added in aqua or other such things people now take for granted.

Features such as? I'm not saying you're lying, but the way you've written this it's completely unverifiable. It's like saying "OMG YOU PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID YOU DIDN'T PRESS THE SECRET 'MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER' BUTTON, DUMBASSES! BUT OF COURSE I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT THAT..." I mean come on, the guy has an opinion and he doesn't like it, if you were really interested in showing him how good the OS is you'd tell him how to activate those nifty features. And to all of you saying he shouldn't judge the final OS on an alpha version, he isn't, look at the thread title: "Longhorn sucks, sorry." Notice the use of the present tense verb.

ummm, actually in the leaked versions, there ARE a lot of features turned off and a lot not implemented.

Its like when you are doing a project or a report in school, it would be worthless if it was only 10% done...

after all, no one was intended to use these leaks... much less USE THEM!

:no: :sleep: get a clue

ummm, actually in the leaked versions, there ARE a lot of features turned off and a lot not implemented.

Its like when you are doing a project or a report in school, it would be worthless if it was only 10% done...

after all, no one was intended to use these leaks... much less USE THEM!

First off, what creamhackered suggested was that there are features in the current alpha builds (such as the one this guy has installed) that are present but not activated, and that they could be activated to improve the user's experience. So I suggested that he actually spell out what those features are.

Secondly, the nature of the original criticism is that the OS is too bloated, so saying that all the features haven't been added in yet (such as the DirectX rendering stuff) isn't really encouraging from this standpoint. The very fact that it already seems bloated at the Tier 1 experience (or sub-Tier 1 experience really) seems to mean that it will only get worse, if you already feel that it's bloated.

Finally, these considerations are rather pointless given the fact that he's simply GIVING HIS OPINION ABOUT THE CURRENT BUILD. The fact that it's not meant for public use is irrelevant, he never said something like "I'm not going to buy Longhorn when it comes out now" or anything of that sort. So if you don't care for his opinion, good for you, but he's just sharing his experience and I for one appreciate it. There's no need to put words into his mouth or criticize someone simply for expressing an opinion.

This is as dumb as stealing a new development car that is currently being made and saying it doesn't drive very well.

This site has taught me that there are many dumb idiots around.

This is as dumb as stealing a new development car that is currently being made and saying it doesn't drive very well.

This site has taught me that there are many dumb idiots around.

LOLOLOLOL ahhhhhhhh someone has same thought as me.

I will say this, compared to other sites, this site has less idiots but still, they are out in force in this forum.

:D