Longhorn sucks, sorry...

I agree with MemNoc

I think this thread has passed its use by date.

Either close it or place it in the Jokes forum.

*Looks to the mods to close this one for good*

:)

oh, man, the windows bigots.....

an OS is for using not for fanatical defence!!! as if someone threatens it, jeez....

ok, it's an alpha, i don't like it in it's CURRENT(!!!) stage, nevermind running slow. the GUI is over-the-top and i'm sticking to my opinion, and if it's going to change it will be most likely for the worse because MS will only implement more sh1ts into it, imo. and that's unneeded.

i, like all of you, hope that the final version will rock, but what i saw in 4015 i didn't like, okay? get it?

fine.

what would you rather have??

A. the ugliest GUI and operating system, yet the most stable able to run all your programs without crashing or

B. the prettiest GUI and operating system with all the eye candy turned on, but crashes everytime you try to run something???

what's really more important?? i really don't care if it's ugly, as long as it's stable that's all that matters. linux ain't the prettiest thing around but it's stable. windows xp may not be the most "adult" looking os around, but it's stable. when it all comes down to it, it's the stability of the operating system that is the most important. so when 05 rolls around, and longhorn is out and it might look ugly, but be stable as hell and you don't pick it up, i'd say that would be a pretty stupid decision.

how about both? pretty & stable? :)

kolp, you shouldn't install an alpha OS on your system anyway, you should have expected it to be sucky at this stage. just stick with your xp man, no need to bitch about an incomplete OS. ;)

isn't it too early to judge lh? it's only just got to m6 and there's probably another alpha build before beta1 and it seems lh has already been judged to death.

I think this one has lived way past the expiry date and there is a lot of flaming going on that isn't needed