August 2009 Desktops

So I've changed mine a bit:

Theme: Darklooks

Wallpaper: Something I got from last month's Desktop thread, edited it to fit the theme and screen resolution (link to original)

Icons: Foxtrot

Programs:

Cairo-Dock with OpenGL (very nice effects)

Screenlets (Now playing and Lyrics are running)

Global menu applet for Gnome (Mac OS-like menus)

Exaile with tray icon and tray controls

screenshot24.png

I just had to copy that look on my Ubuntu box! Love the theme, love the wallpaper. Great job!

Here's mine for this month and trying to do some customization for Mac. Anyways, I just woken up :p

*Points to top right corner at the time*

WP: Tifa from FF7

Icons: Mixed

Programs: Adium using Black is Beautiful skin.

ok, i allways wanted to try this, my "hackintosh".

everything is working like a charme, except logitech webcam, as expected.

Pretty basic, but good enough for me...now, i dual boot... win7 and Leopard. :)

post-123877-1249430956_thumb.png

My Ubuntu 9.04:

Themes: Clearlooks + Mc'Winlin Emerald window decoration

Wallpaper: Arc-Brave

Icons: Gnome-Brave

Add-ons: Global menu panel applet

screenshot21l.png

screenshot22k.png

That looks really good, could you please provide links those components you've used, I've been looking around but can't find all of them. Thank you.

That looks really good, could you please provide links those components you've used, I've been looking around but can't find all of them. Thank you.

The theme is Clearlooks, it comes with Ubuntu. I've only used it for in-window and scrollbar coloring. To achieve Macintosh window decorations, I've installed Emeral Theme Manager (you need to have Compiz-Fusion installed first, both are in repositories), and then downloaded the theme from here. Set Emerald as the window decorator and import the theme.

The wallpaper is part of the gnome-colors package, it installs several matching themes, wallpapers etc. You can enable it via repositories here (the easiest way). You will also need this if you want the icons I've used (gnome-brave), they come in the package.

To get Mac menus in the upper panel, you need Global Menu applet. You should be able to easily install it via Synaptic, if not, check here.

Set the transparency of the upper panel manually.

And the last thing is Cairo-Dock. The version that comes with Ubuntu is quite old, so I suggest you enable custom PPA's to get the latest, 2.0 version. Check this site out to enable the repos and get it via Synaptic/apt.

Really great, especially the icons, thanks for posting them (Y)

The theme is Clearlooks, it comes with Ubuntu.

[snip]

Excellent explanation!

Really great, especially the icons, thanks for posting them (Y)

Indeed! My thanks to Brandon as well.

I picked them up after seeing him post and am using them now.

Been using this for about 7 days, and I love it..

AndyCardDeckBg.jpg

I think I partly love it because of the way the cards fade from my primary monitor to my secondary.. the yellow color, is also, my favorite yellow color. :)

Been using this for about 7 days, and I love it..

I think I partly love it because of the way the cards fade from my primary monitor to my secondary.. the yellow color, is also, my favorite yellow color. :)

Looks nice. I like the cards too fading from 1 to the other.