Chkdsk bug in Windows 7 RTM Build 7600.16385/16399

I see ATI and WD as common factors.

Again please post your entire system specs including brands and models.

Nvidia Graphics with an SSD Drive here and I have this issue :|

Nvidia Graphics with an SSD Drive here and I have this issue :|

Entire specs.

As users, I think it is neccessary to rule out all HW factors then SW factors.

I doubt they chkdsk ever build of Windows. Even if it is RTM.

You would have thought someone would have noticed an issue this big though :/

Worrying that even given the extra attention given to Windows 7 a big bug has still slipped through the cracks into RTM

Entire specs.

As users, I think it is neccessary to rule out all HW factors then SW factors.

Why can't you just accept that this is a bug? The range of configs that users even in this forum are reporting make it next to impossible to be config related.

I see ATI and WD as common factors.

Again please post your entire system specs including brands and models.

Apple MacBook (MA254LL/A) here.

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (Build #7600) CPU: Genuine Intel T2400,? 1.83 GHz, 2048 KB Video: Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family?(1280x800x32bpp 60Hz) Sound:?Speakers (SigmaTel High Definit Memory: Used: 1125/2017MB Uptime: 4d 4h 30s HD Space: Free: 8.80 GB/64.00 GB Connection: Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter @ 54.0 Mbps (Rec: 1234.38MB Sent: 194.48MB)

Hard Drive is a 320GB Western Digital Scorpio Black 7200RPM.

I doubt this has anything to do with ATI or WD since my desktop which the screenshot was taken on has a Seagate Hard Drive but funny thing is it has a ATI card. I still doubt its a ATI or WD issue.

Interesting bug

My machine won't BSOD though, the way I see it here is that chkdsk uses all the available memory left bar a few %.

My box has 8Gb of Ram, I have a few apps loaded, if it was a memory leak it would flush to page all the other loaded apps, but doesn't... the chkdsk process stays at 7 109 128K Private Working Set....weird

The Oem's have the hotfixes as of last weds Old news Move on!!!!

If you are refering to the hotfixes that already leaked and change the build number to 7600.16399 I'm sorry to inform you that this exact issue is still present for users who have installed these leaked hotfixes. So NO we won't move on!

I was just thinking the same thing.

Keep in mind that Memory Cards for Digital Cameras and Flash Drives all use FAT32 by default. Some Apple Mac users use FAT32 for compatability between OS X and Windows.

Put vista back on them

Thanks for another pointless comment. We'd like the bug fixed, not go back to the past.

Just had a friend test this - the issue is NOT PRESENT on the machine. It's build 7100.

so many people using software illegally. :rolleyes:

He didn't say anything about illegal stuff. uTorrent can download legal things too. Don't judge.

Although he probably is talking about the recent Bruno camera release.

He didn't say anything about illegal stuff. uTorrent can download legal things too. Don't judge.

Although he probably is talking about the recent Bruno camera release.

I believe he was referring to the RTM release of Win 7 :)

Confirmed it here, as well. Memory consumption skyrocketed to almost a gig in under 20 seconds so I killed it off... interesting. I'm sure a simple hotfix/QFE will appear to resolve this. I wouldn't classify this as a "showstopper" because it takes time to build up and really cause issues - most showstoppers literally cause an instantaneous BSOD when the given event or trigger happens, and this one simply doesn't qualify in that respect.