Windows 7 RTM now available on Technet and MSDN

My speed has dropped from 650 to 300?

anyone else has a drop?

Mines gone from around 450-500 to 350.

It's available on MSDN, but the Key generation service seems out of whack

Keys now seem broken on my Technet too, luckily I got my key copied before they broke :)

An Error Has Occurred

There was an error while trying to claim the requsted product key, and we could not process the request. Many products can be used for 30 days without a key. Please come back later and try the key request again.

i have questions about using the iso and keys from technet.

1. how many Iso's do i have to burn , say i want to test this on the 5 computers in my home, do i have to download the iso 5 times?

2.do i keep using the same key for them or do i have to get 5 different keys?

3. is this going to be the same thing GA on 10/22?

/first time technet plus subscriber

If this is the case why do all the discs have different hashes? Did they change something in a file on this discs to determine version?

230KB/Sec here btw...

- Dan

there's a text file which determines the version that installs.

And it's 10 licenses of each and every OS and applications with Technet

I noticye where you get the key, it says get another... so can you claim upto 10 keys?? one key per isntall??

1. how many Iso's do i have to burn , say i want to test this on the 5 computers in my home, do i have to download the iso 5 times?

You only need to download the iso one time, and one key should work for 10 activations. So just download one Iso, and burn a DVD and happy installing.

I cant generate any keys at all on my MSDN account. I can download any ISO but the keys wont generate. All my previous keys are listed under the enterprise version...

really odd.

If I go to a machine and paste the link for the download into that machine it starts downloading. The machine I pasted the link to is not and has never been logged into the technet account :/ Weird.

It's available on MSDN, but the Key generation service seems out of whack

I got keys for Ultimate, Home Premium and Professional. If you downloaded the RC/beta than they provided you automatically with a new RTM key.

Nice posting speed here in this topic :p .

Right now I am downloading at a steady 570 KB/s here in the Netherlands (my connection is able to download up to 1 MB/s) from TechNet, so I've got nothing to complain about :) .

1. You only need to download one ISO for all time. Don't download anything 5 times, bro.

2. You can use the same retail key on up to 10 different machines (if you plan on activating all of them). Once a key is used on a specific machine, it can be activated an infinite number of times on that same machine. So, don't download 10 different keys (unless you need to install and activate 100 machines).

Microsoft recommends TechNet subscribers to install without activating if they think they may reinstall later or on other machines. The Technet & MSDN images allow you to use them for 60 days before requiring to be activated.

You should check out the Download FAQ on Technet's site for more information about how to use the keys.

Anyone want to give me there user name and pass so i can get Windows 7 RTM :p

Your@mom.com

Oh Darn. Neowin has a filter to hide your password