Windows 7 RTM now available on Technet and MSDN

Your@mom.com

Oh Darn. Neowin has a filter to hide your password

hehe. Master you assume we all have a lot of faith in humanity. :p

:cry:

from 1500k/sec down to 313k/sec

Still, 66% done

You are flying thru it at 66%. I'm at 15% and I started right at the moment it was released lol.

Anyone want to give me there user name and pass so i can get Windows 7 RTM :p

Good luck with that request!

Let's see in about a hour if we can see all the Windows 7 download traffic in the graphs here: http://www.ams-ix.net/technical/stats/ (AMS-IX is one of the world's biggest internet exchanges in the world) :p .

That would be funny :happy: .

By the way, what about the Windows 7 language packs that are up on TechNet right now? Do they include all of the Windows 7 language packs?

1. You only need to download one ISO for all time. Don't download anything 5 times, bro.

2. You can use the same retail key on up to 10 different machines (if you plan on activating all of them). Once a key is used on a specific machine, it can be activated an infinite number of times on that same machine. So, don't download 10 different keys (unless you need to install and activate 100 machines).

Microsoft recommends TechNet subscribers to install without activating if they think they may reinstall later or on other machines. The Technet & MSDN images allow you to use them for 60 days before requiring to be activated.

You should check out the Download FAQ on Technet's site for more information about how to use the keys.

Thanks! Neowin should have a thank you button like dream in code, so that helpful people are recognized, for all to see.

My download's fluctuating a little bit too. Max I'll be able to get at anytime is 170K (due to crappy exchange length from phone line and crappy ISP too) BT to be precise. But ho hum. Don't mind the wait (BTW how do you get your key automatically if you downloaded a bera or RC)? I'm pretty certain I've downloaded RC from technet before

In today's top news, Microsoft has crashed the internet :)

Been there. Done that. Remember Windows 7 Beta, when they announced that only 2.5 million people would be able to download.

or when Firefox wanted to break world record for most downloaded software in 24 hours period :p

My download's fluctuating a little bit too. Max I'll be able to get at anytime is 170K (due to crappy exchange length from phone line and crappy ISP too) BT to be precise. But ho hum. Don't mind the wait (BTW how do you get your key automatically if you downloaded a bera or RC)? I'm pretty certain I've downloaded RC from technet before

They would be in your product keys page.

Holding Steady at 240KB/sec - not super fast but I am willing to wait.

(Just noticed I haven't posted here in a long while but glad I am member # 223 WOW! - I promise to post way more from now on)

Still waiting for the language pack to appear :(

Because of heavy demand, it isn't yet in the "all downloads" section on TechNet. Take a look at "Top Downloads", they are there :) .

My downloading speed has also dropped from 550 to 350 KB/s, unfortunately :( .

It's really interesting the way they're managing this. My download of Ultimate x64 is proceeding quite well (~260KB... I've seen worse), but if I try to click a link to download anything else, it won't respond.

I'm thinking there's some kind of code running back there to limit the number of clicks that actually make it back to the servers. I wouldn't mind grabbing Pro, too.

Not what I'd call a perfect solution, but if it helps keep the site up for more users, it's not too bad, actually.

I thought both 64 bit and 32 bit would be on the same ISO?

So, i am dl'g 64 bit.

No, 32 bit and 64 bit comes in different Iso, but one product key can activate 32 bit and 64 bit.