Windows 7 RTM now available on Technet and MSDN

I haven't finished but I'd imagine all are on the same disc. The disc sizes are all the same for the x86 editions and then for the x64 editions. The one exception is the enterprise editions for x86 and x64 that have different file size than everything else. Something is different on that one not sure what outside of the licensing.

He's correct actually.

This is a strange one.

My Windows 7 64-bit is downloading at 50 KB/s, and I just started downloading the language packs and they are downloading at 850 KB/s :p .

What are the sizes of Vista when compared to Windows 7?

Vista in 64 bit: 3,620.62 (MB)

Vista in 32 bit: 2,554.53 (MB)

Mind you these are the original file size before the service packs.

Windows 7 in 64 bit: 3075.30 MB

Windows 7 in 32 bit: 2385.99 MB

Mind you this only applies to Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate editions. (and basic for 32 bit)

My download speed is pretty much like a french ######. up down up down u p down, all over the page D:

Same with mine. Luckily it hasnt dropped below 100kbs...but it gets close.

You can't really put a 64 bit and 32 bit on one DVD.

Actually, you can. I built a custom built Vista/Server 2008 DVD with 26 versions and both architectures. All you need is a disc and the WAIK. Then you can roll your install.wim.

A little OT - Anyone going to install the Home Basic version on a Netbook? I have a Dell Mini-9 that I'm going to try it out on.

Actually, you can. I built a custom built Vista/Server 2008 DVD with 26 versions and both architectures. All you need is a disc and the WAIK. Then you can roll your install.wim.

Well. I'm sure you COULD on Dual Layered DVDs, but Microsoft don't use dual layered :x

Well. I'm sure you COULD on Dual Layered DVDs, but Microsoft don't use dual layered :x

Correcto Mundo. But that's not what you said. :)

2:30 hours remaining :p .

Crappy Microsoft (or crappy folks who are downloading right now), but still better than what happened with the Windows 7 beta :| .

That 50 KB/s is horrible :hmmm: .

Hopefully everyone has it by the time I get off work and have a chance to download.

I noticed that the folder for Server 2008 R2 is gone, now. I could have swore it was initially said they'd be available on the same day.

Hopefully everyone has it by the time I get off work and have a chance to download.

I noticed that the folder for Server 2008 R2 is gone, now. I could have swore it was initially said they'd be available on the same day.

That I recalled reading too.

2:30 hours remaining :p .

Crappy Microsoft (or crappy folks who are downloading right now), but still better than what happened with the Windows 7 beta :| .

That 50 KB/s is horrible :hmmm: .

Yeah I'm putting jeopardy thinking song on loop over here...

dual layer discs aren't bootable

Hm... the OSX Leopard DVD was bootable and I believe that was dual layered. Is it a feature / ability of EFI BIOS's to be able to boot off a Dual Layer DVD..?

Ok guys, this is fun.

I hooked 3 WLAN adapters to my PC and created a loadbalancer. Currently my load is balanced over my own connection and over 3 unsecured WLAN networks :p .

I am downloading right now with 1,5 MB/s!

I wonder if Microsoft have ever considered utilising bitTorrent for such a monumental release... it would have actually worked into everyone's favor including themselves... sigh.

Edited by Arkangel

Slowed right now up but keeps occasionally bursting up to higher speeds. Either way it's 90% down now and estimating a further 40'ish minutes. COME ON!!