• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows 7 RTM now available on Technet and MSDN

+KibosJ    96

I'm sure it will be posted here once it is live :)

As of the 5th of August (Yesterday) the 6th is still the date Technet/MSDN subscribers will get the download.

MSDNAA should still get it around the 14th.

Gio Takahashi    29

between 9am ~ Noon PSt is pretty much a good estimate range, based on Microsoft's track record. If memory serves me, Microsoft generally tends to put beta, RC, and RTM up for downloads around 1pm. They did so with Windows vista beta and RC and RTM few years ago, and did so with windows 7 RC and Beta (which effectively crashed all of the interweb microsoft's sites, when they announced that only 2.5 million would be getting Windows 7 Beta. God I remember that day!

CrashG    439
Actually we do not know when Microsoft is going live with Windows 7 RTM on Technet and MSDN. Noon PST hasn't been confirmed by anyone and is just an estimation, nothing more. Having said that I wish it will be sooner than that. I want to download Windows 2008 R2 Server and start testing it too.

Regardless if it's going to be noon or not, it's 2:41 am on the west coast right now. So everyone has a several more hours to wait.

vanx    264
That's extremely incorrect.

I didn't know that incorrectness had extremities ;)

Gio Takahashi    29
I didn't know that incorrectness had extremities ;)

There is when certain incorrectness are just so wrong.

..... ;)

vanx    264
There is when certain incorrectness are just so wrong.

..... ;)

I also didn't know that incorrectness is a plural form of a noun stemming from an adjective called "incorrect" ;)

Gio Takahashi    29
I also didn't know that incorrectness is a plural form of a noun stemming from an adjective called "incorrect" ;)

I have this condition that the later I stay up at night, the less I care about grammar. ;)

vanx    264
I have this condition that the later I stay up at night, the less I care about grammar. ;)

Perhaps you should go to bed, I don't think M$ will dump Win 7 onto TechNet while you're sleeping :)

ZombieFly    221

Does anyone know how many keys you'll be limited to for an MSDN Premium account?

With Vista it was 1. I suspect it'll be the same with 7.

Arkos Reed    176
Does anyone know how many keys you'll be limited to for an MSDN Premium account?

With Vista it was 1. I suspect it'll be the same with 7.

1 Key, 10 activations

Tailwind    329
1 Key, 10 activations

Back when that free Technet loophole was still around, I noticed that you get different keys each time you request it so it's definitely more than one key.

Gio Takahashi    29
Perhaps you should go to bed, I don't think M$ will dump Win 7 onto TechNet while you're sleeping :)

I wasn't up camping on Technet, I knew it wouldn't be up by now. I just like being up until 5ish. :p Now enough of this, lawl.

Emil Valsson    13

Wonder why they dont put this online while US sleeps. Then a large chunk of other customers could download it and be finished before US wakes up thus reducing the load on their servers/links. :)

snuffy    3
Actually we do not know when Microsoft is going live with Windows 7 RTM on Technet and MSDN. Noon PST hasn't been confirmed by anyone and is just an estimation, nothing more. Having said that I wish it will be sooner than that. I want to download Windows 2008 R2 Server and start testing it too.

2008 R2 is the 14th August isn't it?

ManMountain    56

On Technet, I'm sure Windows 7 will be like Vista, it will be 10 keys.

Petvas    36
2008 R2 is the 14th August isn't it?

I thought it was also today but I am not entirely sure

innitrichie    0

Sweet now maybe some people can go get some work done :)

hdood    145
Back when that free Technet loophole was still around, I noticed that you get different keys each time you request it so it's definitely more than one key.

MSDN and TechNet is not the same thing.

null_    4
MSDN and TechNet is not the same thing.

The product key generaton system is shared across TechNet and MSDN, there's really no difference other than licensing.

hdood    145
The product key generaton system is shared across TechNet and MSDN, there's really no difference other than licensing.

Uhm, did I imply that MSDN creates upside-down keys or something?

null_    4
Uhm, did I imply that MSDN creates upside-down keys or something?

I was replying in context of what you had posted in regards to this quote:

hdood    145

Your answer makes little sense, seeing as this is ENTIRELY about licensing. I was simply pointing out that the fact that a TechNet subscription comes with multiple keys does not mean that a certain MSDN subscription (which is what buddy was asking about) will, because they are entirely different things.

null_    4
Your answer makes little sense, seeing as this is ENTIRELY about licensing. I was simply pointing out that the fact that a TechNet subscription comes with multiple keys does not mean that a certain MSDN subscription (which is what buddy was asking about) will, because they are entirely different things.

The last time I checked, MSDN Premium allowed you to generate up to 10 unique product keys for most products including Windows, the same as TechNet Plus Direct.