Windows 7 RTM now available on Technet and MSDN

In a word: NO. It's a very real bug that Microsoft managed to miss through the rushed beta and release candidate phases of development.

Nobody is hating on MS because of this. Windows 7 is going to be the product that drives Mac sales (already tiny) down by significant numbers. But we might have to wait for the first service pack before it's safe to use in the real world.

So is actually how often do you run chkdsk from the prompt?

99.9% of users and I am including power users do not do that any more, unless of course we need to for some reason which is a lot less often than ever before.

I would also like to point out there is way more bugs in Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP than you can ever imagine, they just haven't been found yet. Just like any bit of software, it is just that an operating system in direct proportion is a lot bigger therefore more bugs. Or when they are encountered the person encountering them would not know it as a bug and wouldn't know how to report it let alone be able to retrace their steps in order to confirm it.

I don't see this as any reason not to upgrade.

On a slightly different note, as soon as it gets released on October 22 there will be a flood of bugs, some are just waiting for the release to make them public deliberately not reporting them just so they can slate the product or make a name for themselves.

Edited by stevember

Ahh well, it's not on Technet that i can see so far

So maybe the estimates of 6pm - 8pm (BST) will prove accurate

For the 10th time, it will be released at 1pm EST, 10 PST.

Do we know if the Technet/MSDN keys will work on the leaked RTM build or do I keep fingers crossed?

Yes

Someone thinks they are funny :huh:

No, "someone" can just read the whole title of an article, and not ignore words.

August 6, 2009 - 5:47 A.M.

"OMG! Windows 7 release date canceled! (Not.)"

On a slightly different note, as soon as it gets released on October 22 there will be a flood of bugs, some are just waiting for the release to make them public deliberately not reporting them just so they can slate the product or make a name for themselves.

I hope they are shooting for the four letter expletive word kind of name.

I am actully very anxious to get it too. But since we cant hurry things, ther is nothing we can do and wait and check technet every 5 mins :D

I am actully very anxious to get it too. But since we cant hurry things, ther is nothing we can do and wait and check technet every 5 mins :D

5 minutes? I guess I'd better slow down then

By the way, would you all mind stepping away from your computers for the next half and hour or so. Thanks :D

can you not tell time? he said 1pm est or 10am pst.

For God's sake. 1pm Eastern time IS 10 am Pacific time! Regardless of the daylight savings or not, Pacific is and will always be 3 hours behind Eastern time. if it's 9am in Pacific coast, it's Noon in eastern coast. if it's 10am in Pacific, it's 1pm in Eastern coast.

For God's sake. 1pm Eastern time IS 10 am Pacific time!

I wish you Americans would stop arguing about the time in all your make-believe time zones and just stick to GMT.