Windows 7 RTM now available on Technet and MSDN

Any update on Technet download of RTM? Timeframe?

Not at the moment. I have a feeling it'll be up by 1:00 PM EST. It's just a hunch though, don't take my word for it.

Wtf so theirs a bug. We've been running since 7000 on almost 20+ computers no problems I could careless about some checkdsk command that doesn't work BSOD - BFD. Patch it. 15 Ipods have exploded hurting people and no one is recalling ipods so why the hell would a very rarely used checkdsk be a show stopper. People are retarted!

Whats so special about this release? You still ahve to wait till October to activate it fully dont you?

still got to rearm it etc...

Im pretty sure the technet release will put the keys up as well so you can activate it now.

August 6, 2009 - 5:47 A.M.

OMG! Windows 7 release date canceled! (Not.)

http://blogs.computerworld.com/14500/omg_w...ource=rss_blogs

So has it been canceled then? I'm confused.

I guess it's a serious flaw and they should fix it before letting the RTM loose on a lot of computer professionals machines. I support a delay if necessary. As long as the final release stays October 22nd.

Why would I have to wait to activate a RTM release of Windows 7 from technet? The purpose of all of this is to slowly test Microsoft systems including Activation system until Oct 22nd. You think the beta testing stopped at RC1. This is all part of the plan. Lets just hope we don't all crash MS this year.

Keep inmind Microsoft has fully upgrade their networks to Windows 2008 and SQL 2008 so we'll see if the new systems and data centers can handle the masses.

No, it's not cancelled. Did you notice the "(Not.)" ? :laugh:

The article lists plausible reasons though. And Microsoft hasn't officially announced they are going to do the RTM release today. All we know is they planned to release it to technet/MSDN today. But that announcement is several weeks old?

10AM PST (6PM GMT), so there's no need to be desparate dogs fapping your F5 key constantly.

Yea, really...there's an extension for that in firefox.

I can't wait. I personally think W7 is the best Windows yet and MS deserves some high praise for the outstanding work they did on it. Think about what a cluster**** the Vista development process was. Now compare it to the W7 development methodology they used. Night and day. Yes, I realize the efforts involved weren't nearly the same and that 7 built on top of Vista, but, they actually managed to do stuff ahead of schedule. Before now, this was just unheard of for MS! :) Now, let's hope they can keep the servers up. I'm going to grab the images from my MSDN account. Not that I think it'll matter as I'm sure technet will get the same allocation of bandwidth as MSDN but you never know. :D

you'll all be disappointed... if this goes anything like the previous releases of Win7 beta, RC, vista and various other high profile releases then it'll be later than announced and MSDN/Techet sites will stop working for everyone about 10mins in. I'm willing to bet that around 8pm tonight this forum will be full of posts about the key generation not working :D

Wait and see. Bottom line is it's unlikely the majority of you will get it today.

The article lists plausible reasons though. And Microsoft hasn't officially announced they are going to do the RTM release today. All we know is they planned to release it to technet/MSDN today. But that announcement is several weeks old?

Yes they have. MSFT have officially announced RTW on Technet/MSDN on 6th August followed by RTM on October 22nd.

Guess this means Server 08 R2 should go up today as well. Look forward to testing how RDP goes between it and W7 machine. The changes in theory sound good.

The Technet/MSDN releases of W7 beta, RC, etc. went without a hitch. I can confidently predict nobody will have problems obtaining the release today from Microsoft's servers, assuming it hasn't been canceled as some are now speculating.

It was the public beta and RC that had all the problems owing to the massive free-for-all.

http://blogs.msdn.com/msdnsubscriptions/ar...oming-soon.aspx

Reposting for higher visibility:

We have had almost 100 unposted comments asking what time we will post Windows 7 RTM. Rather than posting them all, I'll just say that we will make some announcements when it is made available for download. You can also monitor the Subscriptions RSS feed for notification when the bits are made available.

Thanks,

Mike