What do you absolutely hate about beloved Windows 7?

I guess the real thing that annoys me is that the maximized windows are transparent by default.

I don't want to see through the window, I want to focus on it, therefore I maximized it (glass on maximize is a joke, especially if I'm only going to see the title bar of the window behind and nothing useful).

Windows Media Player freezing for about 3 minutes when you first start it up. (RC this is)

I never got that problem and I ran the official RC on a 7 year old PC.

Its annoying that there is no 'Network' option in the Start Menu as in Vista. Have to go through Control Panel. Its a minor gripe, but still irritating.

Other than that Windows 7 runs great.

Its annoying that there is no 'Network' option in the Start Menu as in Vista. Have to go through Control Panel. Its a minor gripe, but still irritating.

Other than that Windows 7 runs great.

Right click the taskbar>Properties>Start Menu>Customize, tick the Network box.

i love everything about 7 so far and im the owner of the final version. my only complaint so far is slow data transfers via usb but that could be a driver issue as well!

Control Panel/Programs and Features/Turn Windows features on or off. Uncheck Internet Explorer 8. Gone.

don't worry about him. he's just upset that no matter how much the EU tries to take down microsoft they have no effect in the other huge market on the internet... being the USA. and so long as they don't have to run through the same hoops as they do in europe internet explorer will always maintain a 50+% of the browser market.

Any gripes about Windows 7?

The UAC is flawed, UAC has a security hole that can cause it to be disabled discreetly.

Windows 7 is bloated just like 98 and all the versions that followed, more and more, W7 is like a 50cc gokart engine installed in an 18 wheeler.

The Registry needs to go. Blue Screen of Death and Automatic Restart on System Failure needs to tell you in great detail why it happened.

At this rate, I am keeping XP.

The Registry needs to go. Blue Screen of Death and Automatic Restart on System Failure needs to tell you in great detail why it happened.

again and again :rolleyes:

again and again :rolleyes:

Are you surprised? Look at Alley Cat's sig. lol It's funny how they want MS to give more details in their BSOD. When I last checked, Mac OS X gives you even less information than what MS currently has.

Keep being misinformed, Alley Cat. I'm sure it'll get you far. Outside of UAC, everything else you complained about is also in XP.

Are you surprised? Look at Alley Cat's sig. lol It's funny how they want MS to give more details in their BSOD. When I last checked, Mac OS X gives you even less information than what MS currently has.

Keep being misinformed, Alley Cat. I'm sure it'll get you far. Outside of UAC, everything else you complained about is also in XP.

His only redeeming feature is the hot Asian as his avatar :p. Looks a lot like my ex, actually. Except my ex isn't green :laugh:

I wish uninstalling apps was cleaner and easier, similar to how OS X does it.

Some OS X programs uninstall gracefully. Others don't. Its not like there is any consistency there other than that which they'd like you to believe.