iTunes 9

I have 3 accounts in iTunes - one Australian, one US and one UK. I was downloading a HD movie from the US store and paused it, logged out, then logged back in to my Australian account. I found the download was still there as an option on the left navigation bar even though I'd changed from US back to Australia. This never happened in old iTunes for me.

I also noticed that once in my Australian account I could change my country to the US or UK and it didn't come up saying "this account is for Australia only"...it let me browse those stores with my Australian account!

iTunes 9 looks disgusting on Windows 7. Whats with the efforts to mimic the glass effect, when iTunes is not the prominent window it looks horrific, and with it selected its too damn bright! Is there a way i can change this to iTunes 8 with the dark background?

Hoollllyy **** just when you think they couldn't make it look any more out of place on Windows. The interface design is really bad now - I find myself clicking the windows multiple times because it's so light that it looks like it's not the selected window.

I pulled out my mac, updated it and low and behold it looks just as out of place in OSX now. :|

Seriously, does anyone else find the gloss really annoying? :wacko:

One thing i do like about it is that they've actually added play and skip buttons to the win7 preview window, but otherwise kinda disapointed in the released, the colour is a bit weird

Also this itunes lp says if u buy an album u get song lyrics etc, is there a hidden option to for it to update ur currently library with lyrics or do we have to stick with 3rd party programs still?

There is too much white in the app now, the column headings, the white bg for the app section. Then they went and messed with the browsing columns :( gonna take some getting used to.

Haha, yea I freaked when I saw mine on the left. Thankfully I found the option. It annoys me that they set the default to these new views instead of keeping them the way they were. They also removed all headers from grid view by default.

I agree with you that iTunes has never seemed to look consistent on Mac OS X. When Tiger was around, iTunes 5 was released with the "unified" theme. And then later on it gained the matte-style scrollbars. Then it gained dark elements before they became popular with Leopard. And now iTunes 9 brings back the old glossy feel of earlier Mac OS X releases.

It seems that Apple likes to do all of its UI experiments with iTunes. The new sidebar of iTunes 7, for example, eventually found its way into Leopard. The Cover Flow of iTunes founds its way into Leopard and Quick Look. The matte-style scrollbars of iTunes 5/6 landed in the iWork and iLife suites. Thus, perhaps iTunes 9 is an early preview of UI changes coming in Mac OS X 10.7?

I think Apple uses iTunes/iWork/Pro Apps/ect as testing grounds for new interfaces. Easy way to test out new things without ****ing off 'too many' people.

I'm really not digging the white interface though :( I don't mind the white scrollbars in Leopard, the aqua ones, but the new ones don't have the same feel. They seem very flat and plain. I can get used to the white sorting columns and headers, but the white background on grid view was a absolutely horrible idea. Especially for movies. What are they going to do next? Remove the nice black interface on the AppleTV and give it a white one? For music its alright, while I still dislike it, its more acceptable. Movies and TV Shows is a big [bold]no[/bold] in my books. Not to mention even Apple does it with the iTunes Store, the movies/tv section is wait for it.. BLACK!

I know I'll get over it as the other features make it worth the upgrade, but I'm going to be upset every time I look at it. It distracts your eyes and imo, ruins the artwork which I go out of my way to give all my media.

Another thing that bothers me. The new controls for videos much nicer than before. But would it kill them to give it mousewheel scrubbing. I LOVE that feature in Quicktime and always use it for that. Any chance it works under windows just out of curiosity?

If it is indeed an x64 build for windows, why does it install to Program Files (x86)?

If it is indeed an x64 build for windows, why does it install to Program Files (x86)?

I'm pretty sure it's still the case that iTunes x64 is just the 32-bit version with 64-bit drivers for iPod syncing and CD burning.

OK thanks, I'm just used to x64 apps installing to Program Files and not Program Files (X86) :)

Don't have an ipod yet, to check the drivers etc. I was going to get one today/tomorrow but money didn't come through, will be next month now :(

OS X users, does happened to you that the buttons in Google under Safari 4 has changed?

Nope, everything is the same for me. Are you running a custom WebKit build or something?

I really like the new iTunes Store format but am not a fan of the overall UI- it somehow seems a step backwards from iTunes 8- simple things like the awful gradient on the title bar, the use of a lighter background on the grid view but retention of the dark background on the cover flow view, the rounded corners of the window, etc.

But then again you have to pay a fair amount of money for Microsoft Office 2008, so it is what you would expect. On the other hand, let's take a look at their free products: Messenger and Windows Media support.

It's not much more. I paid $99 for my copy of iWork. Office is $199 but you expect to pay premium for a premium product? :rofl:

I want FLAC support, I won't be using this again until FLAC works :(

Apple aren't ever going to add FLAC support, considering iTunes already supports 2 other lossless formats (and FLAC isn't a popular format)

OS X users, does happened to you that the buttons in Google under Safari 4 has changed?

For some reason, Google is telling WebKit to draw the buttons 28 pixels high, and Apple/somebody has fixed the WebKit bug/flaw that caused the buttons to only draw at a few different sizes (now they scale, although slightly differently than Firefox handles it)

So now WebKit can actually draw 28 pixel high buttons on OS X, instead of 21 pixel high buttons centred in a 28 pixel high box.

Edit: I honestly thought these posts would combine :/

iTunes 9 looks disgusting on Windows 7. Whats with the efforts to mimic the glass effect, when iTunes is not the prominent window it looks horrific, and with it selected its too damn bright! Is there a way i can change this to iTunes 8 with the dark background?

Not to burst the bubble, but Apple pretty much popularized the glass effect almost a decade ago.

Can it sync iPod Shuffle?

I am on Win 7

I bet you're running 64-bit, right? Here's a solution to the sync problems with the shuffle I found. I'm Steeley...I'd like to be again on here again but I used my two goes with one being a typo lol.