[Offical]Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

MrArifPatel

limited editions gonna set me down ?45 now thanks to game putting the price up a fiver, if only id pre ordered it before, still gonna get it though, IMO uncharted 1 was one of the best campaigns i've ever played, up there with MGS4, maybe even better

+Audioboxer

Last of the big sites,

Gamespot - 9.5

Video Review

I watched the Giantbomb quicklook, game surpasses KZ2 on the visuals for sure! Chloe's ass ftw :rofl:

MrArifPatel

only edge left now, cant wait for that, oh and teletext uk of course, cant miss them

DirtyLarry

Just went to Gamestop, placed my preorder and paid in full, so Tuesday cannot come soon enough. (Y)

Massiveterra

WTF Larry?

SimplySchizo
Just went to Gamestop, placed my preorder and paid in full, so Tuesday cannot come soon enough. (Y)

Hah, big grats. Yea i'll be counting the days as well.

I honestly don't know which i'll be doing first.

SP or the MP? The MP is hella-fun! i'm sure the sp is just as good too. :D

/coin flip

AbandonedTrolley

Tuesday? US got earlier release than EU? Thought it was a 16th release date?

Nightz
Tuesday? US got earlier release than EU? Thought it was a 16th release date?

13th for us! :)

DirtyLarry
WTF Larry?

I told you I was getting it, or do you mean why didnt I go through Gamefly?

I traded in a few games so I did not pay a penny and I actually have some credit left over.

Hah, big grats. Yea i'll be counting the days as well.

I honestly don't know which i'll be doing first.

/coin flip

Oh and I do SP first no matter what, just what I have always done. I just feel it better prepares for me MP too.

SimplySchizo
Oh and I do SP first no matter what, just what I have always done. I just feel it better prepares for me MP too.

True, but in this case, i figure the 1st Uncharted and 2nd Uncharted MP Demo both have done a great job in the prep dpt. :D

Speaking of which, I assume our current $/level/unlockables on MP will carry over from the demo to full rls ?

If so, then I wouldn't be so anxious about getting a good jump on MP and can afford to devote extra time to the SP experience.

+Audioboxer
Speaking of which, I assume our current $/level/unlockables on MP will carry over from the demo to full rls ?

No, leveling up is sped up in the beta/demo I believe in order to make sure players reach and test high levels within a reasonable time frame.

Quite possibly different builds as well between the demo and final code.

SimplySchizo

Ah well, k/d ratio will certainly will be lots better for everyone 2nd time around then. :laugh:

neomuaythai

played single player for about an hour yesterday and WOW. graphics are perfect, can't find any flaws. transitions between cut scenes and gameplay are so seamless that sometimes i just sit there with drake not knowing i have regained control of him.

also, drake could be the next jason bourne with his 1 hit knockouts lol.

+Audioboxer
transitions between cut scenes and gameplay are so seamless that sometimes i just sit there with drake not knowing i have regained control of him.

Loved that about MGS4 :)

On that note, looks like this might be the SP experience to give to PS3 owners over MGS4.

Livin in a box

MGS4 will NOT BE BEATEN EVER!

I wanna get this the day after release. The Guardian (UK paper) gave it 10/10 too.

+Audioboxer
MGS4 will NOT BE BEATEN EVER!

I wanna get this the day after release. The Guardian (UK paper) gave it 10/10 too.

I love my Metal Gear, but I have a feeling this SP story experience is going to top MGS4 ;)

Probably end up being one of if not the best SP story experience on consoles so far this generation. It's almost reaching GTA4 type acclaim, and well, GTA4 is more acclaimed for awesome gameplay IMO, the story is incredibly drawn out in GTA4 to lengthen the experience... weakest aspect of that game IMO, and it's still good, but not amazing.

Same with MGS4 drawn out at parts.

Clocking in around 12 hours is probably why UC2 is getting so much praise, most reviews say very little down time in great set pieces. Keep the length long enough for value, but not draw it out and you keep things lean and keep gamers attentions.

neomuaythai

and as much as i love metal gear, uncharted 2 is much more user friendly and appeals to a larger market.