[Offical]Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

:laugh: bring a lazy-boy along. you may be there a while.

LOL I'm too cheap for my own good, but I have hope.

Though I doubt I'll buy it on Tuesday, I'll probably wait 'till the weekend (somebody might return it by the weekend :D)

I took this picture yesterday for lols, besides the "out now" which it wasn't (I did check), check the bottom. :rofl:

dsc00224g.jpg

:p and the march to 1300 continues.

Rofl, trophy ######. :p

I know. :p I want you to beat them all. :p
?

:(

Lol, time, time is all I need.

Loving the picture, going to wait for the prices to drop on this before I pick it up, plus I have too many games waiting around at the moment to be played.

Naughty Dog reveals Uncharted 2 graphics info

Just by viewing Uncharted 2: Among Thieves screens or trailers, the first thing you?ll notice are the incredible graphics. Naughty Dog was able to utilize the power of the Cell processor more than ever before, which allowed them to focus the graphics chip to certain aspects of the game.

In a video interview found in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Pal England, Lead Programmer at Naughty Dog, talked about the graphics of Uncharted 2. The main characters typically have eighty thousand polygons in them. Even more impressive, just using the graphics card, Naughty Dog was able to pump out two million triangles in every frame.

?Our characters they typically have eighty thousand polygons in you know, one character, like the main character. In total- what we try to push through to the graphics chip at one point two million triangles that we try to draw every frame. We do a lot using the cell processor.?

Naughty Dog really pushed the PS3 hard this time around and it shows. Every level in Uncharted 2 looks better than the previous. Look for a full review later this weekend.

Soniq I want you to win too. :p

That pic is hillarious though, its as bad as Gamestop ****ing up and making Forza 3 a PS3 exclusive. :p

Oh, thought you meant wanted Corris to beat me & Kol... lol.

Rofl, trophy ######.

You say that like it's a bad thing. BTW, made a bet with the gf, won, and she has to buy me Fallout3 GOTY - Gold and Silver trophies galore!

Really looking forward to this game now. We need a weekend bonanza weekend with us all playing online against each other. ^^

Oh, thought you meant wanted Corris to beat me & Kol... lol.

You say that like it's a bad thing. BTW, made a bet with the gf, won, and she has to buy me Fallout3 GOTY - Gold and Silver trophies galore!

Lucky, I was going to trade in this old one and get the new one instead of downloading all the expansions. But I've decided to wait till I have more free time to get back into Fallout 3, it was such an awesome game.

Really looking forward to this game now. We need a weekend bonanza weekend with us all playing online against each other. ^^

Gimme a couple weeks. I have a feeling I'll end up with Afrika and Saw before I can get U2 from Gamefly.

I know someone who's had the game since Wednesday (he's got a friend "in the business") and he says it's basically Uncharted with minor tweaks, better graphics without too much gameplay differences.

Normally that'd be a recipe for a backlash but since Uncharted was a damn good game to start with, it sounds like it will at least not fail the hype altogether.

I'm still not convinced about the MP aspect though.......

I know someone who's had the game since Wednesday (he's got a friend "in the business") and he says it's basically Uncharted with minor tweaks, better graphics without too much gameplay differences.

I thought that was what it was hyped up as being. It's just a BIGGER overall package from an already awesome game.

There's plenty of videos on this. A lot of people are already playing it, so if there were to be any backlash, my guess would be, we'd already be seeing it.

I don't have any doubt about this game being a huge success. If it isnt already.

Arstechnica

Uncharted 2 is completely self contained, although you'll get a little bit out of a few lines or reveals if you've played the first game. This is a good move, with the new $300 price point of the PS3 and the buzz this game has been receiving, Uncharted 2 is going to be entertaining a very large, new audience. If you don't have a PS3, you're going to miss what very well could be the game of the year.
The Good

* One of the most beautiful games of this generation

* Excellent voice acting, perfectly defined characters

* A good length at 10 hours or so

* Gun fights, action scenes can play out many, many different ways

* Well rounded selection of weapons

* Genuinely funny writing

The Bad

* One dimensional villain

* A story that doesn't break much new ground

* Story falters somewhat in the last act

* It ends at all

The Ugly

* After this game, you'll realize just how poor and slapped together the writing and voice acting is in most other games

* The comments when people realize we're saving the thoughts on multiplayer for another post

is this game out already? according to play.com its available NOW :s amazon says 16th........

I saw this aswell, I was going to order it as I havn't pre ordered it yet. Does any one know if they are actually shipping it?

Least it looks like they're taking advertising for this more seriously,

I?d just like to share with you guys some of the UK marketing and advertising for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves that you?ll be seeing on your screens over the coming weeks.

We?re sponsoring some great TV over the next 10 weeks, this will feature ?Uncharted 2: Among Thieves? branding and footage on all Sky One & Two Movies, including Mission Impossible 2, Hunt for Red October and Beverly Hills Cop. In addition the sponsorship will cover adventure programming on Discovery across four channels (Discovery, Discovery Shed, DMAX and Quest) including new episodes of Deadliest Catch, Whale Wars and Bear Grylls. The movie and adventure sponsorship angle obviously fits Uncharted 2 perfectly.

Along with this sponsorship, we?ll be running our TV ad, including great spots in both the England World Cup Qualifier against Belarus on the 14th and the UEFA Champions League match between Chelsea and Athletico Madrid the following week.

You?ll also be able to catch our ad in cinemas nationwide in movies like Saw VI, Jennifer?s Body, Triangle, 2012 and Zombieland among others

Along with this we have a big press campaign and a competition running on www.benathandrake.com, where you and a friend are in with a chance of winning a real Himalayan adventure and follow the footsteps of Marco Polo (and Nathan Drake of course) on a 19 day holiday in Nepal. UK residents only, sorry.

That?s it from me? let me know what you think of the campaign and if you have any other questions or comments.

Take Care, enjoy the game and I?ll see you guys online

Phil

You can see the ad here - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/10/12/...s-uk-marketing/

Apparently USA has a tie up with Pepsi, no more details yet...

Is it really worth getting part 1? I havent got it yet but to me when I *breifly* played it, it played like Tomb Raider... Just wondering if its really worth getting before playing part 2, as part 2 looks great.

Least it looks like they're taking advertising for this more seriously

hope so.

they need to take notes from the ms ad machine.

im so sick of all the halo odst commercials, omg :pinch:

at least they got a decent amount of airtime with ninja gaiden 2 sigma commercials, battling it out against ^

idk, sony's ad campaigns have been close to non-existent here in the states. anyone remember killzone2 ads? hardly.

Is it really worth getting part 1? I havent got it yet but to me when I *breifly* played it, it played like Tomb Raider... Just wondering if its really worth getting before playing part 2, as part 2 looks great.

I picked my copy of the first recently. I played through it 3x's. got 100% completion woot!

its a greatest hit now, so you can pick it up at that g-hits price. (Y)

It was definitely worth picking up. I regret not picking it up earlier. you wont be disappointed. i wasnt.

on another note, wonder if gamestop's going to have a midnight event tonight, they usually phone in a day prior to an event. i havent gotten the call.

Edited by niqqa

My Gamestop that I pre-ordered it from is doing a Midnight Launch for it tonight, but it just makes no sense for me to stay up past my normal bed time on a work night just so I can come home and go to sleep like I already would have been doing. I also have a really bad cold, so both of these factors are adding up to the fact I will probably just wait until tomorrow to pick it up. Unless of course I do convince myself I am going to take the day off tomorrow because I am indeed sick, and then I have all the reason in the world to go get it at midnight tonight. :laugh: