[Offical]Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

^

Do it :rofl: It would be interesting to see if the midnight launch is even busy at all as well.

I'd like to get some impressions from the folks around here, most of you are usually quite level headed about opinions and us UKers don't get the game till the 16th :(

My GS wont be having the midnight event. I gave them a ring and asked.

Relatively new GS location, that's probably why i guess.

I'll be there tomorrow @ 10am though. :D

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-P...t-nextgen-games

Naughty Dog pokes fun at next-gen graphics and games

This generation of games as one unique quality to it: a brownish tint. Naughty Dog games have a lot of lush color to them, so to make Uncharted 2: Among Thieves a ?true? next-generation title, you need to offer gamers the option to make the game look a little drab. Much like Uncharted: Drake?s Fortune, Uncharted 2 features a ?Next-Gen Filter?, which you can purchase with the in-game money. Unlike Drake's Fortune filter, this time around it's much more accurate and comical.

Much more defined this time around, Naughty Dog makes the next-gen filter make Uncharted 2 look like Gears of War or Metal Gear Solid 4 in color, which is pretty much one main color theme. The filter makes the game look brownish gold and takes away nearly all the color found in the game. When you turn the filter on, you are truly playing a ?next-gen? title. You have to love the humor of Naughty Dog.

I saw this aswell, I was going to order it as I havn't pre ordered it yet. Does any one know if they are actually shipping it?

no it seems they do this just to get ppl to order

it wont deliver the next day, it will deliver on release day :s

darn boots they are!

^

Do it :rofl: It would be interesting to see if the midnight launch is even busy at all as well.

I'd like to get some impressions from the folks around here, most of you are usually quite level headed about opinions and us UKers don't get the game till the 16th :(

I honestly probably will not go, I really am not feeling well at all, but I will go get it @ 10 AM tomorrow morning, and I have already arranged some playing time tomorrow during the day, so I will have some impressions tomorrow for sure.

And honestly, I am even surprised they are having it, as the kid when I pre-ordered it told me although they got a decent amount of pre-orders, and that that would be the deciding factor of what stores will be doing a midnight launch, how many pre-orders they did get. My Gamestop is less than a year old, and honestly whenever I go to it, which is not all that often, but when I do go it is dead, so I am really surprised they are doing one.

The message actually said show up at 10 to line up your copy so you can leave right at 12, and join us for "in store fun" or something along those lines, so can only imagine what that is.

Anyone from the UK that pre ordered from amazon? I just pre ordered it today because they where doing it for about ?35, once i pre ordered i noticed that the estimated delievery was the 19th so i freaked out and emailed them and the guy who replied said

We know that many of our customers are anxious to have their "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)" delivered to them on the day of release, October 16, 2009.

Due to a technical error, the estimated date that is shown in "Your Account" for this item was incorrect, and our technical team is working on this issue.

I have checked your order #------------- and I am please to confirm that the item "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)" will be dispatched in time for delivery on the release date. Rest be assured that your order will be delivered on the release date.

Just wondering has anyone who ordered from Amazon has there order been dispatched?

Awwww this would be the perfect time to tell Munky Uncharted 2 is now officially Gears of War 3 :rofl:

I honestly probably will not go, I really am not feeling well at all, but I will go get it @ 10 AM tomorrow morning, and I have already arranged some playing time tomorrow during the day, so I will have some impressions tomorrow for sure.

And honestly, I am even surprised they are having it, as the kid when I pre-ordered it told me although they got a decent amount of pre-orders, and that that would be the deciding factor of what stores will be doing a midnight launch, how many pre-orders they did get. My Gamestop is less than a year old, and honestly whenever I go to it, which is not all that often, but when I do go it is dead, so I am really surprised they are doing one.

The message actually said show up at 10 to line up your copy so you can leave right at 12, and join us for "in store fun" or something along those lines, so can only imagine what that is.

Cool, look forward to your impressions tomorrow!

Even if it were coming out here tomorrow in the UK I have too much to do this week until the weekend.

Anyone from the UK that pre ordered from amazon? I just pre ordered it today because they where doing it for about ?35, once i pre ordered i noticed that the estimated delievery was the 19th so i freaked out and emailed them and the guy who replied said

Just wondering has anyone who ordered from Amazon has there order been dispatched?

yes mine has been dispatched should arrive tommorrow via UPS

Edit:

read the post wrong i am ordering from the US site to a us address

Mine shipped too but it will take a few days until it gets here. :(

hopefully royal mail doesn't mess up and delay my shopto order again like they did for fifa10 :angry:

on another note, i actually handled 3150 copies of Uncharted 2 today at my temp job... so close yet so far :(

Will be leaving in 10 minutes to pick it up, have some work I need to do, then it is full game on. Will be back in about 7 hours give or take with my initial impressions.

hopefully royal mail doesn't mess up and delay my shopto order again like they did for fifa10 :angry:

on another note, i actually handled 3150 copies of Uncharted 2 today at my temp job... so close yet so far :(

Couldn't one of them just have gone missing? :p

I didnt take the chance, and paid the ?1.99 for UKMail next day delivery.

Will do the same with Forza 3.

I changed my delivery option on shopto to the new UKmail service for ?1.99. Just incase Royal Mail decide to mess it up. Even without the strikes they still quite easily mess deliveries up.

Edit: Phee, great minds think alike:laugh::

I've never wanted to be American so much! :rofl:

Early video game releases and plenty of easy fat chicks, what more could you want? :laugh:

In all seriousness though, It never has made sense to me why certain places get it at different times. I hate to say this since I am more often than not the one who benefits from it, but if it is a matter of shipping, then make it the day that everyone has it instead. Just seems to cause confusion more than anything else.

I didnt take the chance, and paid the ?1.99 for UKMail next day delivery.

Will do the same with Forza 3.

I changed my delivery option on shopto to the new UKmail service for ?1.99. Just incase Royal Mail decide to mess it up. Even without the strikes they still quite easily mess deliveries up.

Edit: Phee, great minds think alik:laugh:h:

I wish that was the price for next day delivery here. I have to pay around $6 USD and for standard shipping. That's the bad thing about living on an island:(:(